Author Topic: CB Draft '09 Mock Press Conference: Northwest Division  (Read 92234 times)

CB Draft '09 Mock Press Conference: Northwest Division
« on: August 08, 2009, 05:58:36 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
Here, each of the GMs representing a team in the Southeast Division will provide an introduction / summary of their team, draft strategy, etc.  Other members should ask questions (directed to one or more GMs), and those GMs should attempt to answer the questions as well as they can.

For those participating, the opening blurbs can include some or all of the following:

1. Roster / depth chart
2. Statistics
3. Pictures
4. Statement regarding drafting philosophy (building for the future, contending now, etc.)
5. Toughest decision
6. Best move (trade, pick, etc.) / worst move
7. Your outlook for this coming season

It can be as substantial or as abbreviated as you want it to be.  These threads are open to all members, not just those posters who participated in the draft.  The more participation we get, the better.

===============================
Denver press conference: Link

Minnesota press conference:  Link

Portland press conference: Link

Seattle press conference: Link

Utah press conference:  Link
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 04:55:29 PM by Roy Hobbs »

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

Re: CB Draft '09 Mock Press Conference: Northwest Division
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2009, 09:09:52 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
I'm going to unlock this now. 

Team owners feel free to start posting your pressers tonight or tomorrow morning.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2009, 09:20:27 PM »

Online wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Since you just opened it, I will see if I can quickly throw something together.

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2009, 09:23:23 PM »

Online wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
Denver Nuggets:  Team of the future with high goals now!

The roster:

average age 24.6

Projected Starters

C : Greg Oden
PF: Udonis Haslem
SF: Jeff Green
SG: Miekael Pietrus
PG: Mike Conley Jr.

Projected Reserves

PG/SG Randy Foye
PF/C Kevin Love
SG/SF Kelenna Azubuike
PF/SF Brandon Wright
C/PF  Josh Boone
PG    Mardy Collins
PF/SF Brian Scalabrine
C     Dwayne Jones
SG/SF Morris Almond

15th man/injured

C     Yao Ming

Future players stashed overseas

James Gist
Semih Erden
Nedžad Sinanović
Tadija Dragicevic

The Draft Plan

Like others, I was less then happy with the late 1st round pick (27th).  So at that point, I figured I was looking at two options.

a) Try and throw together a win now team that likely would be a playoff team, but not a real contender

or

b) Build young.  Find a high potential young player that I could build around.

Obvious, I chose option b.  After taking Greg Oden, I looked for young players that could compliment him.  That meant guys that could shoot or had a successful history with him.  I also felt the need to add a few young vets that had deep playoff experience and could compete for rotation spots. 

I also lucked out on my trade downs.  The player I wanted always dropped to my next drafting spot. 

The Trades

Trade 1:  Denver sends: 2nd rounder (4)
Toronto sends: 2nd rounder (28) and 3rd rounder (3)
     Got this trade early.  I shopped this around quite a bit.  A trade made before many teams realized values. 

Trade 2:  Denver sends: 5th rounder (27), 10th rounder (4) 11th rounder (27), 13th rounder (27), 14th rounder (4), and 15th rounder (27)
Washington sends: 6th rounder (3), 8th rounder (3), and 10th rounder (3)
     I loved this trade.  To move back 6 spots, I swap 10ths (move up 1 spot) and trade a 10, 11, 13, 14 and 15 for an 8. 

Trade 3:  Timberwolves send: 3rd rounder (14), 5th rounder (14) and 7th rounder (14)
Nuggets send: 2nd rounder (28)
    Was able to pick up extra picks and still pick Love

Trade 4:  Denver sends:  8th rounder (3), 8th rounder (4),  10th rounder (4) and a 12th rounder (4)
Bucks sends: 5th rounder (5)
     I gave up a lot of picks, but the overall jump was a no brainer for me. 

Trade 5:  Denver trades: 7(14)  {Darko}
Phoenix trades: 8 (10) and 9 (17)
     This was a tougher one for me to pull the trigger.  I was so nervous that B. Wright would be taken before my next pick.  I took until the last 30 second to make this trade (thus I made the pick for IP)

Trade 6: Philly send: 15.19
Denver sends 10TPs

Trade 7: Bucks send 14(25) to Denver for cash considerations

Last two trades were the pick for TPs there always are to just fill out my roster.

In the end, I traded out:  Andre Iguodala, Aaron Brooks, Ben Wallace, Bobby Simmons, Taj Gibson, JR Giddens, Jason Collins, PICK ANYTIME!!!, and PICK ANYTIME!!!

for: Kevin Love, Mike Conley Jr., Udonis Haslem, Mickeal Pietrus, Kelenna Azubuike, Josh Boone, Mardy Collins, Dwayne Jones and James Gist

Outside the of Iguodala, I believe I have a stronger supporting cast around Oden with these trades then without. 

The Players

C  Greg Oden.     7-0, 285 lbs.  21 years old

21.5   .564   .637 7.0 rebounds 1.13 blocks  8.9 Pts.
per: 18.3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1hWq4oWmaQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRDlxw5OT-U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEX9RzXs16c&feature=related

Oden was pushed along slowly last year.  He was pulled quickly when hurt.  This season, those training wheels come off.  I expect him to play closer to 30 minutes a game where he will be a double-double machine.  On Denver, he will get more touches then he would in Portland, allowing him the opportunity to develop his low post game.  He has the potential to be one of the two most dominate big men in the game (along with Howard).  The last two dominate big men racked up 8 titles. 

PF/C Kevin Love. 6-10 260 lbs. 20 years old

25.3  .459  .789  9.1 rebounds    11.1 points
per: 18.39

Love was selected for his all-around skills at PF.  I wanted a tough rebounder.  I wanted a good shooter.  I wanted someone willing to learn how to play good team defense.  Love fit all these categories.  While he is not projected to start, with his work effort, I would be surprised if he doesn't earn the starting spot before the season is over.

PG. Mike Conley
   6-1 180 lbs. 21 years old

30.6   .442  .406  .817   1.10 steals   4.3 assists  10.9 Points
per: 14.31

Conley was selected for two reasons.  First, his finish to last season showed a young PG that had top 10 PG potential written all over him.  And with Larry Brown coaching him, he will reach that potential.  Second, his familiarity with Oden made him a no brainer in terms of fit around the star.

SF/PF Jeff Green    6-9  235 lbs.  22 years old

36.8   .446   .389   .788   6.7 rebounds   1.04 steaks   16.5 Points
per:    13.99

I wanted a young SF that could shoot, defend, rebound, score and do some ball handling.  Jeff Green was that guy.  Though we don't expect him to become a 20+ scoring all-star, we expect him to become that top roll player, third option on a title team. 

PG/SG  Randy Foye   6-4 213 lbs  25 years old

35.6   .407  .360  .846   4.3 assists   16.3 Points
per: 13.76

6th man combo guard will get the chance to win a starting spot, but we think that this role is what is in his future for this team. 

PF  Udonis Haslem    6-8  235 lbs   29 years old
34.1   .518   .753   8.2 rebounds  10.6 Points
per: 13.10

I wanted a vet with deep playoff experience, but not to old as to not being still good enough to be a rotational player when the team was ready for the big stage.

SG/SF  Mickael Pietrus     6-6 215 lbs.  27 years old
24.6   .413   .359  .709   9.4 points
per: 11.69

Another young vet leader with deep playoff experience.  And a player that stepped up his game defensively as the games became more important.  A strong outside shot also helps him fit into this team.

SG/SF  Kelenna Azubuike    6-5  220 lbs.   25 years old
32.1   .464   .448   .808   5.0 rebounds   14.4 points
per:  14.74

Young shooter with a high potential to be a good defender.  While his ball handling skills will likely prevent him from taking the starting SG spot, he will play a major roll off the bench. 

PF/SF  Brandan Wright  6-10  210 lbs.  21 years old
17.6   .528   .741   4.0 rebounds  8.3 points
per:  18.77

I am big on his potential.  I needed a little more athleticism at the PF spot, and he fit.  His lack of shooting has made him a bad fit for Nellie ball.  We hope that a more traditional team will allow him the chance to shine.  He is a dark horse candidate to win the starting PF spot.

C/PF  Josh Boone    6-10  237 lbs  24 years old
16.0   .528  .376   4.2 Rebounds  4.2  points
per:  13.38

We believe that Boone is on his way to being one of the top reserve Cs in the league.

PG    Mardy Collins   6-6  220 lbs.   25 years old
18.5   .425   .419   .609   2.3 assists   5.2 Points
per:     9.54

Might not be much to look at, but when he got his chance, he played well.  Big PG that can play defense.  Look at what Larry Brown was able to do with Eric Snow.  Team thinks he will be a good fit next to Foye off the bench. 

PF/SF Brian Scalabrine     6-9  235 lbs.  31 years old

Old man with NBA bling.  Brought in as an example of what smart play and hustle can get you in the NBA.  12th man.

C  Dwayne Jones     6-10  251 lbs.   age 26

Third C.  Big man.  Rebounds and defends.  Always have a soft spot for SJU players.

SG/SF Morris Almond      6-6 225 lbs.   age 24

14th man.  Will get a chance to grow into an NBA player.  Will be hard pressed to find meaningful minutes unless there are injuries. 

C  Yao Ming     7-6  310 lbs   age 28
33.6    .548   .866   9.9 rebounds   1.95 blocks   19.7  points

I have a team that can wait for Ming to return.  He adds a flexibility that no other future team has.  In a year, a healthy Ming would likely be the biggest trade asset in the CB NBA.  Teams that just missed winning it all could see in Ming, the final piece.  Or, there is always the chance that Ming and Oden actually work together on the court.  How many teams have the personnel to defend Ming in the high post and Oden in the low post at the same time?

The Game Plan

This team is constructed to be defensive first.  The players selected either are good defensive players or have the tools and work ethic to become good team defenders. 

To that end, outside of Oden (and probably Green) all starting spots are open.  It will be commitment to defense that earns players spots and minutes. 

The weakness to the team right now is offensively.  There is no one that has been a "go to" guy in the NBA.  Therefor, this season will be about force feeding Oden in the low post.  Coach Ewing will work with him on his moves and passing out of double teams.  Most of the rest of the players have the ability to stretch the floor, with at least 4 players also able to attack on the drive.  The young players will learn how to play team offense.

The Future

The Nuggets are happy with the young collection they have.  But they understand to win a title, this group, how it is now, isn't going to stay the same. 

1)  The Nuggets need a prime time scorers.  While they expect Oden to develop into a low post scorer that needs to be double teamed, one more scorer is needed to win a title.  Future solution, Yao Ming.  Two possibilities.  First, he and Oden do work together defensively, allowing them to be a nearly unstoppable giant duo of offensive destruction.  Second, if that duo doesn't work, Ming becomes the best trade bait in the NBA.  A healthy Ming could easily bring back a top young scorer. 

2)  The young guys will not all fit with Oden equally.  The ones that do, stay.  The ones that don't get packaged for other players, maybe even one player. 

The Nugget plan was always about future flexibility through good young talent. 

While the Nuggets goal is to compete for a playoff spot this year, next season is the season that we believe that the team does step up and compete.  The following season, we expect to be a title contender. 

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2009, 09:43:00 PM »

Offline johnnyrondo

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1245
Nice presentation. I really liked the Yao pick for a future team. Two question right now:

1) Who do you see as your biggest competitor for future team?

2) Why is your Oden picture of Jeff Green drawing a charge on Oden?  :)

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2009, 09:46:46 PM »

Online wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
Nice presentation. I really liked the Yao pick for a future team. Two question right now:

1) Who do you see as your biggest competitor for future team?

2) Why is your Oden picture of Jeff Green drawing a charge on Oden?  :)

1)  I really haven't spent much time looking at who the other top future team will be.  The team with Durrant is dangerous in the future.

2)  To show both the power of Oden and the smart defense and willingness to give up the body of Green.

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2009, 09:58:49 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I like that you're taking a chance on Conley Jr. I took the chance on his last year and while he didn't 'make the leap' I don't think he was a liability for me. I'm on board for him doing well this year, but I wonder if it will be as a better scorer or as a better distributer. I know that Gay/Mayo will hog the ball too much for him to get a lot of clean assists, so I wonder if he wont find his stats much in the way that a guy like Carl Landry or Anderson Varejao does..by letting the game come to him and taking advantage of every opportunity he has. If he tries to force things he will be benched.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2009, 10:01:23 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
PORTLAND CROTONATS
"Five players on the floor functioning as one single unit: team, team, team - no one more important that the other."

Roster:

C: Shaquille O'Neal / Brad Miller
PF:  Jermaine O'Neal / Ronny Turiaf / Taj Gibson
SF:  Rashard Lewis / Ryan Gomes / Jared Dudley / Quinton Ross
SG:  Michael Redd / Manu Ginobili / Fred Jones
PG:  Mike Bibby / Delonte West / Jrue Holiday

Overseas: Carlos Delfino, Nikolai Pekovic, Sergio Llull, Pooh Jeter

Front office:

General Manager: Edgar
Co-General Manager: Roy Hobbs
Head Coach: Norman Dale
Assistant Coaches: Dean Smith, Pete Carril, Sergio Hernandez
Equipment Manager / Entertainment Director: BassThumper
Mascots: Stanford Tree, Phoenix Gorilla
Broadcaster: Mike Gorman

PlayerPositionDraftedAgeHeightPointsReboundsAssistsBlocksStealseFG%3PT%
R. LewisSF / PF2nd (5)306'10"17.75.72.60.71.0.540.397
M. GinobiliSG / SF2nd (20)326'6"15.53.53.60.41.5.524.330
M. ReddSG / SF3rd (16)296'6"21.23.22.70.11.1.519.366
S. O'NealC3rd (21)*377'1"17.88.41.71.40.7.609.000
M. BibbyPG4th (5)316'1"14.93.55.00.11.2.518.390
J. O'NealPF/C4th (11)286'11"13.36.41.82.00.4.474.000
B. MillerC / PF5th (9)306'11"11.97.83.30.50.7.494.411
D. WestPG / SG5th (25)266'4"11.73.23.50.21.6.530.399
R. GomesSF / PF6th (12)266'7"13.34.81.60.30.8.486.372
R. TuriafPF / C7th (3)266'10"5.94.62.12.10.4.508.000
J. HolidayPG8th (28)196'3"n/an/an/an/an/an/an/a
Q. RossSF / SG9th (14)286'6"3.91.90.70.20.5.446.375
J. DudleySF / PF 9th (21)246'7"5.53.00.80.10.8.528.392
T. GibsonPF11(27)246'9"n/an/an/an/an/an/an/a
C. DelfinoSG11th (28)246'5"n/an/an/an/an/an/an/a
F. JonesSG / SF14th (15)306'4"7.32.43.60.21.0.492.367
P. JeterPG15th (25)*255'11"n/an/an/an/an/an/an/a
N. PekovicPF / CFree Agent236'11"n/an/an/an/an/an/an/a
S. LlullPGFree Agent216'3"n/an/an/an/an/an/an/a
* player acquired in trade

Highlights:

Shaq:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPrbbvuqmJM

Manu:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOf2axeWHgk

Rashard:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piv2fBrsGok

Redd:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0ZFX7WJB6E

Jermaine:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8zvoTgRGxA

Bibby:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzh_MLBaL6Q

Drafting philosophy / strategy:  Edgar and I had a choice:  build around a semi-elite talent, or move down in the draft for more depth.  When Toronto offered us the opportunity to pick up four draft picks for our #1, our mind was made up.  We further decided to pursue the "win now" approach, as building for the future is a crap shoot (as any "real life" rebuilding team would tell you.)

In the first three rounds, our philosophy was firmly to draft the best player available.  Since we wouldn't be building around a classic "superduperstar", we knew that at times we'd have to gamble on players who had some question marks.  That led to the decision to draft star players with some injury concerns, such as Manu Ginobili (a first rounder last season) and Michael Redd (an early second rounder).

In round four, we rounded out our starting lineup by filling positions of need, before moving on to fill out the bench with later picks.  We specifically targeted good "fits" on our team, which may have led to a couple of very minor reaches in the later rounds (i.e., Quinton Ross in the 9th).

We wanted to draft players who were talented, experienced, efficient, versatile, and had a winning and hardworking mentality.  Additionally, we placed a premium on good outside shooting, and wanted players who were comfortable in a reduced role.

Toughest Decision:
   The toughest had to be dealing the #1.  Pre-draft, we knew there were 17 players we gave an elite grade.  Dealing out of the 16th position, we knew we wouldn't get one of those players.  The player drafted in our slot, Amare' Stoudemire, is a player our team values highly, as he is a Fake Portland alum (drafted #8 last season).  However, we decided that landing picks in the early parts of the 2nd, 4th, 5th, and 7th rounds was the right price, and we made the move.  We're very happy with the results, but only in hindsight.

Best move:  Trading Spencer Hawes for Shaquille O'Neal.  We loved Spencer Hawes, and would have gladly given him a starting role on our team.  However, Shaq has won four titles, and led the league in field goal percentage.  His acquisition really solidified our role as contenders, I think, and his addition will help galvanize the locker room, as we added another strong leader.

Roster breakdown:

Shaquille O'Neal -- When motivated, Shaq is still one of the most dominant players in the NBA, as demonstrated by him leading the NBA in field goal percentage last season.  He's still an excellent, physical one-on-one defender, who will be called on to guard some of the elite big men in our conference, such as Dwight Howard.  Shaq has 203 career playoff games, 4 rings, and 6 Finals appearances under his belt, making him an example for the younger guys on the team to look up to.

Rashard Lewis -- Last season, Rashard Lewis proved that he's one of the hardest covers in the NBA.  His 6'10" height, combined with his clutch shooting, makes him a matchup nightmare for most teams.  The PED issue is basically a non-factor for our team, as we accept Lewis' story that he inadvertently took over-the-counter supplements that contained a banned substance.  The 10 game suspension may come as a blessing in disguise, as it gives Lewis a chance to rest after a very long 2008-09 season.

Manu Ginobili -- People forget that this guy is a star.  He's a slasher, a scorer, a shooter, a defender, and a leader.  He's starred on three title teams, and it's been clear that when he's been injured, San Antonio just isn't the same team.  After a full summer off, and no national team commitments, Manu should come back strong this season.

Michael Redd -- Although he's one of the best pure shooters in the NBA, Redd isn't solely a shooter.  Rather, he's an extremely dangerous offensive player who can score from anywhere.  People forget that two years ago, this guy scored 57 points in a game.

Jermaine O'Neal -- O'Neal is a guy who plays excellent defense, and is a good, versatile scorer.  He won't be our first option on offense, but he can make open jumpers and can score in the post.  Defensively, he's going to be a monster next to Shaq.

Mike Bibby -- An amazing shooter, and a point guard who knows how to run an "ensemble" offense.  He's been an excellent floor general in Sacramento and Atlanta, and is one of the most efficient point guards in the NBA.

Brad Miller -- Miller brings grit, toughness, rebounding, and defense to our second unit.  He can shoot from outside, but doesn't mind doing the dirty work down low, either.  He's a great passer for a big man, who will really help the second unit.

Delonte West -- If you don't know what Delonte brings to a team, you may be on the wrong blog.  He's a skilled scorer, a great shooter, and a hard-working "dirt dog" of a player.  He's also bound to keep the locker room loose, as his "KFC mix tape" making the rounds on youtube makes clear.  His size and tenacity allows him to create real matchup problems for opposing PGs.

Ryan Gomes -- See Delonte West.  One of the hardest workers in the game, he's now an extremely dangerous scorer from both inside and out.

Ronny Turiaf -- A tough, physical defender who is one of the leading shot-blockers in the NBA.  We love that he's young, but has NBA Finals experience.

Jrue Holiday -- Edgar wasn't as high on Jrue as I was, but the kid already plays NBA-level defense and is an amazing athlete.  By the midpoint in the season, he could potentially have a steady role on our team.

Quinton Ross -- An all-defense, no-offense role player.  He can shut down opposing swing men and point guards.  We love him for a limited role; he's going to be the guy who pulls the Kobe and Lebron matchups when games come down to the last possession.

Jared Dudley -- Another guy in the Delonte / Gomes mold.  He's a hard-working Boston College kid who is really impressing folks with his defensive mindset.

Taj Gibson -- We love what this kid did in college, and if he reaches his potential, we got a real steal.  He's a D-Leaguer this year, though.

Fred Jones -- Jones probably won't see much playing time, but he's a local guy (University of Oregon) who started 21 games last season.  He can fill in in an emergency, and the team won't lose much.

Carlos Delfino -- Currently, he's overseas.  However, if he decides he'd like a spot on our roster, it's his.  At that point, we'd have to make a decision between Jones and Gibson, and I've got to think that Gibson would be our keeper based upon potential and position.

Coaching staff -- Come on.  It's Norman Dale. "I've seen you guys can shoot but there's more to the game than shooting. There's fundamentals and defense"; "Stick with your man. Think of him as chewing gum. By the end of the game, I want you to know what flavor he is."; "My team is on the floor".  If Norman Dale can get Jimmy Chitwood and six scrubs to beat Oscar Robertson, I think he can handle the Orlando Magics.  Seriously, if he can't get these guys to buy into a team concept, nobody can.

Frequently asked questions:

1) Are injuries a concern?

A concern?  Yes.  The concern is a bit overblown by people looking for weaknesses on our squad, however.  The players most commonly cited as being injury concerns are Shaq, Ginobili, Jermaine O'Neal, and Michael Redd.  Ginobili suffered last season from coming back too soon to play in the Olympics; no such concerns exist this season.  Redd's injury last season has reportedly healed fully.  As for Shaq and Jermaine, they were as healthy last season as they've been in years.

We plan on being very liberal with the rest we give our players.  Nobody will average more than 30 minutes per game, meaning everyone should be healthy for the playoffs.

2) What's the rotation?

We have two "primary" starting lineups:  Shaq/J.O./Rashard/Redd/Bibby and Shaq/Lewis/Manu/Redd/Bibby.  The decision of who starts at power forward between Jermaine O'Neal and Rashard Lewis will be dictated by matchups.

As for our rotation, it's nine players:  Shaq, J.O., Rashard, Redd, Bibby, Manu, Miller, Delonte, and Gomes.  Each player will play roughly 25 to 30 minutes per game.  Turiaf, Ross, and Dudley will all get spot minutes, while Gibson and Holiday will play in the D-league at the beginning of the year.  Jones will be in street clothes for much of the season.

3) Is "fit" a concern?

Not in the slightest.  We drafted guys who are winners and hard-workers who have put their egos aside and accepted limited roles in "real life".  Only Rashard Lewis and Michael Redd will be asked to play modestly fewer minutes than in the real NBA, and Redd especially welcomes this opportunity to rest.

Our team has seven championship rings, and eight players on the team have advanced as far as the Conference Finals (with four players having Finals experience).

4) Does the Rashard Lewis suspension disrupt your team?

No.  The team has rallied around Rashard, as they know this was an innocent mistake.  As mentioned above, the team welcomes the opportunity to give Lewis 10 games to rest at the beginning of the season, as he's coming off of a long summer.

In the short team, we'll move Manu into the starting lineup at SF, a position he has played consistently (and consistently well) in San Antonio.

5) How was it working with a co-GM?

It was great.  Edgar and I saw eye-to-eye on the vast majority of players drafted.  We each had our "pet" picks, but fairly consistently, we found ourselves liking the same players.

My favorite pick in the draft was the choice of Brad Miller in the fifth round, and that was a player who I had totally overlooked for whatever reason.  As soon as Edgar brought up his name, it was an instant "yes", but it's a choice that wouldn't have been made if I didn't have a co-GM.

Outlook for the 2009-10 season and beyond:  While we like our young role players, we realize that the first-tier talent on this team has a limited window of opportunity.  We're probably looking at a 2 to 3 year period in which this team can be truly dominant.  This season, we fully expect to be in title contention; our goal is the #1 seed in the playoffs and an NBA championship.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 03:05:43 AM by Roy Hobbs »

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2009, 10:10:29 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
just because i dont know if it will work on pvt msd

Starting 5

6th to 10th man

11th to 13th

14th and 15th on NBDL

Sent overseas under team managment

« Last Edit: August 09, 2009, 10:54:55 PM by Edgar »
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2009, 10:33:21 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
nnnnnno! That's a bad Edgar! Not in the press conference thread! We do scrolling text outside!

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2009, 10:45:34 PM »

Offline johnnyrondo

• Antoine Walker
Missed this pic on Denver's presser

Going to miss that Mikki Moore lock down D.

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2009, 10:52:47 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
nnnnnno! That's a bad Edgar! Not in the press conference thread! We do scrolling text outside!

that scrolling image structure is a thing of beauty
hope roy use it
 ;D

Nice to be back!

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2009, 10:56:01 PM »

Offline johnnyrondo

• Antoine Walker

hope roy use it
 ;D

Very sad news for you Edgar... Roy traded Gerald on deadline day.

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2009, 11:03:45 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale

hope roy use it
 ;D

should I put the doritos bag in his place..
i guess we didnt receive nothing more...

Nice to be back!

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2009, 11:06:15 PM »

Offline johnnyrondo

• Antoine Walker

hope roy use it
 ;D

should I put the doritos bag in his place..
i guess we didnt receive nothing more...

The doritos bag would be awesome. You actually did receive less, but I don't think anyone would object to the Doritos