Author Topic: Pierce: “I’m not sure I want to see ITs video on my night”  (Read 12366 times)

Re: Pierce: “I’m not sure I want to see ITs video on my night”
« Reply #60 on: January 04, 2018, 11:42:57 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
I hope the fans ‘boo’ IT if they do it on pierce’s night
that's ridiculous

What is ridiculous is that IT making requests about a gesture from the team. He should be flattered the celts would even do it for him. He should have just been thankful and appreciative, rather than making requests......especially when it is PPs night. So yes, boo the heck out of him in front of his family

« Reply #61 on: January 04, 2018, 11:44:31 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
this should be resolved. There really is little sense to having both tributes on the same day. It is very disrespectful to Paul Pierce.

« Reply #62 on: January 05, 2018, 12:37:59 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
Screw Isaiah Thomas. He can wait for his tribute next year, or in the playoffs...that is, if the Cavs make it that far.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #63 on: January 05, 2018, 01:32:16 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I just hope someone gets through to IT and he takes the opportunity to earn back some goodwill from the fans and let Pierce have his night.

Of course, this also means Pierce could choose to be gracious about it, and be the bigger man, too.

Difference is, I'm not going to look at Pierce differently no matter what.  He's my all time favorite player.  He gets as many free passes as he wants (barring some heinous crime).

« Reply #64 on: January 05, 2018, 02:52:35 AM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
Pierce settles it. 

Truth.

« Reply #65 on: January 05, 2018, 03:15:57 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
C'monn Capt..

Y'all Hug it out..

« Reply #66 on: January 05, 2018, 03:28:04 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
I hope the fans ‘boo’ IT if they do it on pierce’s night
that's ridiculous

What is ridiculous is that IT making requests about a gesture from the team. He should be flattered the celts would even do it for him. He should have just been thankful and appreciative, rather than making requests......especially when it is PPs night. So yes, boo the heck out of him in front of his family

You know how embarrassing that would be...on National TV....to have fans booing IT like that?

"Let's send a STRONG MESSAGE to the rest of the NBA (especially potential trade targets like Anthony Davis) about how our fan base can be......"

The sad and concerning thing with AD is that he has ALREADY seemingly shown some concern with how the whole IT trade was handled....

So, yeah....let's show even MORE lack of class as a FAN BASE and boo IT...........

« Reply #67 on: January 05, 2018, 06:08:00 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
I think IT's value is slowly getting to where it really belongs: he was great to have for two and a half seasons, and helped the C's become again a solid playoff team, but he is not a Celtics great.

IMO ten years from now, the legacy of Bradley will be greater: he played seven seasons for us and he was the link between the Big Three and the Stevens eras.

« Reply #68 on: January 05, 2018, 06:12:25 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
I think IT's value is slowly getting to where it really belongs: he was great to have for two and a half seasons, and helped the C's become again a solid playoff team, but he is not a Celtics great.

IMO ten years from now, the legacy of Bradley will be greater: he played seven seasons for us and he was the link between the Big Three and the Stevens eras.
You might be right.
Still, ITs peak at almost 30 a game with superb efficiency will be remembered for a long time. His las Celtic season was truly special.
It depends on what you value more, long healthy marriage or great summer romance :)
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #69 on: January 05, 2018, 06:12:39 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

In 10 years people will remember AB as much as they do Eric Williams or Ron Mercer.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #70 on: January 05, 2018, 06:51:13 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald

In 10 years people will remember AB as much as they do Eric Williams or Ron Mercer.

Roy, I know how much you value IT and I appreciate your dedication.

Having said this, I think your assessment of his value is off. Unfortunately, I don't think there is any chance of you listening to what other ppl have to say, as you have adopted an uncharacteristic close-mindedness on this.

You might be right.
Still, ITs peak at almost 30 a game with superb efficiency will be remembered for a long time. His las Celtic season was truly special.
It depends on what you value more, long healthy marriage or great summer romance :)

The good side of romances is that in old age you can imagine they would have made better wives, but deep down you know this is mere fantasy.

The reality is it's your wife that will take care of you in times of need, so you'd better take care of her too. (In this case the "wife" is PP)

« Reply #71 on: January 05, 2018, 06:57:22 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

Having said this, I think your assessment of his value is off. Unfortunately, I don't think there is any chance of you listening to what other ppl have to say, as you have adopted an uncharacteristic close-mindedness on this

My post was about Avery Bradley. Once he’s out of the league, few fans will remember or care about his Celtics legacy.  Nothing against him, but people don’t care about role players who never won titles here.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #72 on: January 05, 2018, 07:04:25 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald

Having said this, I think your assessment of his value is off. Unfortunately, I don't think there is any chance of you listening to what other ppl have to say, as you have adopted an uncharacteristic close-mindedness on this

My post was about Avery Bradley. Once he’s out of the league, few fans will remember or care about his Celtics legacy.  Nothing against him, but people don’t care about role players who never won titles here.

Sure Roy, we agree on that. Eric Williams was a good comparison to my mind.

« Reply #73 on: January 05, 2018, 07:47:58 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
I’ll assume he’s joking, because I don’t think Pierce is that insecure.

I don't see how it makes him insecure in the slightest. Would you share your wedding day with the announcement of some distant relatives' engagement? It's his night, the entire thing should be about him. Thats not being insecure, it's about respect.

The night isn’t “all about him”, though. I mean, they’re playing a game. Regular parts of that game will still happen: in-game entertainment, highlights, everything you’d expect to see on the Jumbotron. A short video doesn’t seem that obtrusive.

The post-game ceremony is “all about him”. That will be, and should be, all about Pierce.

IT deserves his moment, deserves his video, you will find no argument here. But it won;t be "a short video" it will be a moment when all attention is on him and it will also drive a media frenzy around it. That kind of thing shouldn't happen on a night you honour an all time great.

There is always a game happening, thats the point, thats how we (or specifically Pierce) got here. But everything outside of the game shouldn't detract from his hard work and legacy. Unfortunately IT's tribute would do that.

We'll see them again in the playoffs so let's just leave it til then.

« Reply #74 on: January 05, 2018, 07:57:05 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
I’ll assume he’s joking, because I don’t think Pierce is that insecure.

I don't see how it makes him insecure in the slightest. Would you share your wedding day with the announcement of some distant relatives' engagement? It's his night, the entire thing should be about him. Thats not being insecure, it's about respect.

The night isn’t “all about him”, though. I mean, they’re playing a game. Regular parts of that game will still happen: in-game entertainment, highlights, everything you’d expect to see on the Jumbotron. A short video doesn’t seem that obtrusive.

The post-game ceremony is “all about him”. That will be, and should be, all about Pierce.

IT deserves his moment, deserves his video, you will find no argument here. But it won;t be "a short video" it will be a moment when all attention is on him and it will also drive a media frenzy around it. That kind of thing shouldn't happen on a night you honour an all time great.

There is always a game happening, thats the point, thats how we (or specifically Pierce) got here. But everything outside of the game shouldn't detract from his hard work and legacy. Unfortunately IT's tribute would do that.

We'll see them again in the playoffs so let's just leave it til then.

I’d rather honor an opposing player in February than during the Easyern Conference Finals.

I just don’t think an IT video (say, during player introductions) detracts from anything. As for the media frenzy, there would be nothing to talk about if Pierce, from his own media pulpit,  hadn’t publicly made it an issue. He’s sort of feeding into the distraction, rather than blowing it off. I’m honestly surprised.