Poll

Is Danny done with trades for the summer?

Yes, the team is set.
Minor tweak.
Major trade, Danny cash in all his chips!

Author Topic: Anyone else think Danny is not done yet for the summer?  (Read 1462 times)

Anyone else think Danny is not done yet for the summer?
« on: August 25, 2017, 02:57:07 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177
I can't help but think that another shoe is going to drop. This Kyrie trade seems like the beginning of an all in move by Danny.

Re: Anyone else think Danny is not done yet for the summer?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2017, 02:59:47 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
Boston can't really make a major trade without trading Horford unless the player being acquired has a pretty inexpensive contract.  Neither of those is likely to occur.

As such, I don't think there will be any major transactions, but do expect another free agent or two to be brought in.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2017, 03:04:12 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
Boston can't really make a major trade without trading Horford unless the player being acquired has a pretty inexpensive contract.  Neither of those is likely to occur.

As such, I don't think there will be any major transactions, but do expect another free agent or two to be brought in.

Someone like Kristaps Porzingis could be had with little salary and loads of picks. I understand that the Knicks would have to be willing to trade him.

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2017, 03:15:30 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
Isn't there a roster spot open? If so, I think Ainge might do one unexpected vet min signing and call it an offseason.
- LilRip

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2017, 03:17:33 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549

Someone like Kristaps Porzingis could be had with little salary and loads of picks. I understand that the Knicks would have to be willing to trade him.
well yeah that is the point.  the Knicks aren't going to trade him and who else is really out there. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2017, 03:22:36 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

well yeah that is the point.  the Knicks aren't going to trade him and who else is really out there.

Horford for AD works salary wise.

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2017, 04:51:55 PM »

Offline ThePaintedArea

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 111

You just distinguished "price" versus "value"!

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2017, 04:56:43 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
We still have one open roster spot, so there's that.

As for trades, he already traded everything that could be traded apart from rookies. Players we signed  this summer (Baynes, Theis, Hayward) can't be traded right now.

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2017, 05:03:41 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
I think Danny Ainge will wait for Anthony Davis to be made available in 18-24 months time before making another major move.

The balance of the team seems good at the moment so not expecting a minor move either. So no more moves between now and the season opener.

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2017, 05:12:05 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

You just distinguished "price" versus "value"!

There would have to be a boat load of picks with Horford but the salary works is all. As a framework of a deal...

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2017, 05:12:25 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
I think Danny Ainge will wait for Anthony Davis to be made available in 18-24 months time before making another major move.

The balance of the team seems good at the moment so not expecting a minor move either. So no more moves between now and the season opener.

Agreed.  If NOP does not crack the top 4 in the west in the next two seasons, their management will have a very good reason to fear that he leaves for nothing in free agency.  Celtics could offer Al Horford's salary to match + one of Jaylen/Jayson + a presumably good prospect in the LAL pick + another future draft pick.  That package will likely be one of the best on the table.  Ant Davis will also have some say in where he gets traded to by indicating which teams he would likely resign with.  Teams not on that list will not offer as much.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2017, 01:28:20 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
If the trade is rescinded I'd say there was a really big chance of another move.