Author Topic: Curry mocks Bron Bron at wedding/Kyrie laughs/no respect anymore for the King?  (Read 6255 times)

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
jpotter, in the "Irving Not Talking to Cavs" thread brought up this incident yesterday in an Instagram post. Here is a more detailed report.

http://deadspin.com/kyrie-irving-spotted-in-video-of-steph-curry-mocking-le-1797375207

At Harrison Barnes wedding, Curry mocks Bron Bron, mimicking him and his Cav teammate laughs along with the Curry mockery of his own teammate.

I have never been a fan of Bron Bron (and never will root for him unless he becomes a Celt) due to his incredible entitlement and self-aggrandizing. From his throwing that stupid powder in the air to call more attention to himself, to referring to himself as "The King", tatting himself "The Chosen One" in HUGe letters across the top of his back and in general acting like a petulant, spoiled, controlling child have all sickened me to him and his persona. Classless.

That being said, I think that Curry and Irving are both pretty classless here too. To publicly mock an opponent like Curry did could ALMOST be understood, especially given the heat of their rivalry for the past three years. But for Irving to be part of this regarding a teammate is pretty sad.

I guess that one could argue that Bron Bron has brought this on himself. It also suggests that his subjects , especially the younger ones, don't fear him anymore (maybe feeling that he lacks the mental toughness and heart) and many don't like him or even respect him.

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
jpotter, in the "Irving Not Talking to Cavs" thread brought up this incident yesterday in an Instagram post. Here is a more detailed report.

http://deadspin.com/kyrie-irving-spotted-in-video-of-steph-curry-mocking-le-1797375207

At Harrison Barnes wedding, Curry mocks Bron Bron, mimicking him and his Cav teammate laughs along with the Curry mockery of his own teammate.

I have never been a fan of Bron Bron (and never will root for him unless he becomes a Celt) due to his incredible entitlement and self-aggrandizing. From his throwing that stupid powder in the air to call more attention to himself, to referring to himself as "The King", tatting himself "The Chosen One" in HUGe letters across the top of his back and in general acting like a petulant, spoiled, controlling child have all sickened me to him and his persona. Classless.

That being said, I think that Curry and Irving are both pretty classless here too. To publicly mock an opponent like Curry did could ALMOST be understood, especially given the heat of their rivalry for the past three years. But for Irving to be part of this regarding a teammate is pretty sad.

I guess that one could argue that Bron Bron has brought this on himself. It also suggests that his subjects , especially the younger ones, don't fear him anymore (maybe feeling that he lacks the mental toughness and heart) and many don't like him or even respect him.

Tp, C's fan, not my favorite athlete either.

Offline alley oop

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 30
That Bron video was very mockable.

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
It is good to see guys not liking one another in the league again.  I miss that fire from the 80s.

LeBron deserves any thing he gets given his past.

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Meh, people have no sense of humor.

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 468
Meh, people have no sense of humor.

I think it's more then that.  I don't think they like each other at all and It shows through actions.  I'm not a fan of Curry.  I never have been and never will be.  He is as entitled as they come.  That whole Golden State team seems to have that entitled swagger and it's not a good look.  Too bad the Cavs couldn't trade Irving for Klay.  Then Curry and Irving can man crush all they want.  I don't dislike Bron except when the C's play him.  It's a different day and age when everything you do can be put on social media.  No matter how you look at it Bron is a good role model for kids.    He does a lot in the Cleveland/Akron community. 

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Lol at Steph. Lebron dominated his 73 win team, to the point where they needed to add the second best player in the league to get by LBJ.  Kyrie was leading his team deep into the lottery before Lebron got there.

Lebron has a gigantic ego, but he's also easily the best player of this era. He's one of a handful of guys in NBA history who could lift pretty much any team to contender status. He's a solid teammate who makes those around him better, and who works hard off the court to improve.

Swap Lebron for Curry and Cleveland is a #5 seed, while GSW win championships in even more dominant fashion.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
Do we think this kind of thing doesn't happen all the time? The only difference here is that it was caught on camera. I for one am very glad that I finished school before social media became huge, its much easier to call people out on little things now.

Lebron made a video and Curry mocked it, probably after someone egged him on to do it. Not a big deal. Possibly the only talking point is Kyrie being there.

Lebron is a great player, he's earned his legacy. However he is still an ass and he's caused a lot of grief along the way. It comes as no surprise to me when people say he has a big ego. It comes as no surprise when they say he is more concerned about his legacy than the wellbeing of his teammates. It comes as no surprise that he only looks out for people when its in his best interest. So it comes as no surprise that Kyrie has decided he wants to leave. He has rings at a younger age than most, I'm sure he'd love the challenge of doing it all over again as the main guy on a team. He doesn't compare himself to the greats like Lebron does, he has his own path in mind, nothing wrong with that either.

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
I've posted a couple of clips from Barnes' wedding, but deliberately chose not to post this one.

People were reading too much into it.

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
talk about putting things out of context. this has literally nothing to do one with another.

media take bow...

anti tommy point for stressing this out OP
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Lol at Steph. Lebron dominated his 73 win team, to the point where they needed to add the second best player in the league to get by LBJ.  Kyrie was leading his team deep into the lottery before Lebron got there.

Lebron has a gigantic ego, but he's also easily the best player of this era. He's one of a handful of guys in NBA history who could lift pretty much any team to contender status. He's a solid teammate who makes those around him better, and who works hard off the court to improve.

Swap Lebron for Curry and Cleveland is a #5 seed, while GSW win championships in even more dominant fashion.

Yeah... but... LeBron is still a ****.

Edit: Oh man, even THAT word is censored? Hmm... what about.. jerk? Phony? Meh, whatever.

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586
From Rhode Island and spoke with father of the groom on Saturday. A true gentleman.
Was informed (but not confirmed) that Lebron James attended the party Saturday along with...
Harden, Curry, Roy Williams, Irving, Hoiberg and countless other NBA luminaries.

Friday afternoon Curry dazzled at Newport National with an eagle and numerous birdies as he cleaned out the benjamins from a large group of the wedding party.

Rumored Thomas was there, but, no confirmation.

Enormous limos and helicopters are not uncommon in Newport, but, there were a bunch this weekend.

Offline alley oop

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 30
Lol at Steph. Lebron dominated his 73 win team,...

Then there’s reality: Lebron loses his 3rd straight Final if the league office doesn't suspend out of politics the Warriors best defender (this year’s DPOY) and 2 way player, in the closeout game; the likes of which has never happened in NBA Finals or MLB World Series history.  Then it took Kyrie's winning shot to win the 7th game, Lebron isn't a closer.  The Warriors getting Durant may have been part Karma.

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Lol at Steph. Lebron dominated his 73 win team,...

Then there’s reality: Lebron loses his 3rd straight Final if the league office doesn't suspend out of politics the Warriors best defender (this year’s DPOY) and 2 way player, in the closeout game; the likes of which has never happened in NBA Finals or MLB World Series history.  Then it took Kyrie's winning shot to win the 7th game, Lebron isn't a closer.  The Warriors getting Durant may have been part Karma.

Politics? Green is the dirtiest player in the NBA. He absolutely deserved the suspension.

Where was Green in Games 6 and 7?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
From Rhode Island and spoke with father of the groom on Saturday. A true gentleman.
Was informed (but not confirmed) that Lebron James attended the party Saturday along with...
Harden, Curry, Roy Williams, Irving, Hoiberg and countless other NBA luminaries.

Friday afternoon Curry dazzled at Newport National with an eagle and numerous birdies as he cleaned out the benjamins from a large group of the wedding party.

Rumored Thomas was there, but, no confirmation.

Enormous limos and helicopters are not uncommon in Newport, but, there were a bunch this weekend.

I am originally from Rhode Island and have been to weddings there before, but presumably nothing like this! Would have been cool to see those guys out and about.