Author Topic: Any one for bringing Bass back?  (Read 2655 times)

Re: Any one for bringing Bass back?
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2017, 10:59:30 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
No.

Where do these threads come from?
Bring back ___________(fill in the blank) threads  have been a Celticsblog tradition dating back to the early 2000s.

Really can't wait for the "Bring back Kelly Olynyk" threads to start.

I just remember jumping for joy when we actually did bring back Eric Williams in '99 and Antoine in '05 (CB was all over this one!)

But, yeah, not only is it not very common to bring back former players to your favorite team, it also usually doesn't end as well as one may hope.

Sometimes it does...Cleveland sure is glad LeBron came back.

Ha, touché!

« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2017, 08:21:13 AM »

Offline kmart12

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 20
Bass was a fine player with the Celtics; I think he played a role that perfectly complimented the team at the time with his midrange jumper, offensive rebounding, and tough defense (he could battle with LeBron better than most, surprisingly). As others have mentioned though, at this point he's not bringing much to the table that we don't have in other players. I'm someone who believes that we desperately need a starting PF regardless of the "positionless" CBS system, but Bass doesn't do it for me. Morris and all of his flaws practically gets us there in terms of matching his production.

« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2017, 09:15:44 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
No. His performance in the playoffs in his last season with us was horrendous. And he hasn't been good since he left us either.