Author Topic: Daniel Theis?? A new Celtic  (Read 12287 times)

Re: Daniel Theis?? A new Celtic
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2017, 12:13:03 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
The video linked on the front page starts with him blocking three shots in a row on the same play, which made me feel pretty good until I realized the guy he was repeatedly stuffing was Zizic.

Haha!  Zizic can get his revenge in practice...

« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2017, 12:15:49 PM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green
Wouldn't mind having him on the bench instead of Mickey.
Jack of all trades, master of none.

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2017, 12:18:42 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307
From the replies in the same twitter:

"Center is nice. He plays Center with a PF skillset in a SF body...."

« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2017, 12:19:07 PM »

Offline CELTICSofBOSTON

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 73
D-league two-way contract?

How much was he getting paid overseas?

« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2017, 12:38:12 PM »

Offline coffee425

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
From the replies in the same twitter:

"Center is nice. He plays Center with a PF skillset in a SF body...."

Kevin Durant?

in all honesty, looks like an ultra-cheap bench big... really clearing a lot of cap space here..
Even at the end of the game, we lined up in different formation that he hadn't seen and he called out our play before I got the ball. I heard him calling it out. -John Wall on Brad Stevens

« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2017, 12:40:30 PM »

Offline bigal534

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 56
Training camp depth?

Long shot to make team?

To be honest 1 youtube video in and the guy has a ton of skill.

Actual game film is best to watch but hes got game. Even though we havent heard of him.

German National team player. Puts up good numbers. Stroke is nice.

Looks very solid to me.

« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2017, 12:45:21 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Source: Euroleague's Daniel Theis, a Bundesliga winner with Bamberg, is bound for Boston Celtics till 2019.

Reported by David Pick - reliable source
European "sources", reliable or not, do not understand (or choose to ignore) the concept of training camp contract with limited or no guarantees. You'll typically see European publications raising hell about player X being "[insert NBA team name here] bound", which in essence means he's received an invitation for Summer League team that obviously comes with some sort of contract. More often than not these guys don't even make it through to the second SL leg and get sent home, where there agents are able to milk this for a better contract.

So the fact that someone named Daniel Theis might be around in an unnamed jersey for several weeks this summer should cause you to lose no sleep whatsoever over his NBA prospects. I'd be shocked if he isn't back in Europe by the time October rolls around. That is all.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2017, 12:46:18 PM »

Offline bigal534

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 56

« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2017, 12:49:03 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2932
Cheaper bench big signing. Probably to replace KO and/or JJ once we sign Hayward or make a trade for a max-level player.

« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2017, 12:50:13 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Will not be on the roster come October.

« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2017, 12:52:00 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1557
The video linked on the front page starts with him blocking three shots in a row on the same play, which made me feel pretty good until I realized the guy he was repeatedly stuffing was Zizic.

lol
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2017, 12:52:26 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Source: Euroleague's Daniel Theis, a Bundesliga winner with Bamberg, is bound for Boston Celtics till 2019.

Reported by David Pick - reliable source
European "sources", reliable or not, do not understand (or choose to ignore) the concept of training camp contract with limited or no guarantees. You'll typically see European publications raising hell about player X being "[insert NBA team name here] bound", which in essence means he's received an invitation for Summer League team that obviously comes with some sort of contract. More often than not these guys don't even make it through to the second SL leg and get sent home, where there agents are able to milk this for a better contract.

So the fact that someone named Daniel Theis might be around in an unnamed jersey for several weeks this summer should cause you to lose no sleep whatsoever over his NBA prospects. I'd be shocked if he isn't back in Europe by the time October rolls around. That is all.

C'mon, Koz, don't be like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uV_o4xRJ-_4

« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2017, 02:17:36 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
i just found this article. theis was the defensive player of the year for his league.

watch the first video. he completely owns zizic, completely.

his offense is put backs and 3s.

i love this guys hustle and hard, physical play. i have no idea whether he will make the team. but he looks to be a good, cheap bench player.

enjoy!

https://www.celticsblog.com/2017/6/19/15830506/report-boston-celtics-to-sign-daniel-theis-germany-bundesliga
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2017, 02:35:11 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177
i just found this article. theis was the defensive player of the year for his league.

i love this guys hustle and hard, physical play. i have no idea whether he will make the team. but he looks to be a good, cheap bench player.

enjoy!

https://www.celticsblog.com/2017/6/19/15830506/report-boston-celtics-to-sign-daniel-theis-germany-bundesliga

Shot .410 on 3s last year but only 1.3 attempts... Looks like a cheap Amir replacement. Just under 1 steal, 1 block, 1 assist per game. AST-.8 STL-.6-BLK-.8. only played 19 minutes per game. Looks little like Willy Hernangomez...

« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2017, 02:38:14 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville

enjoy!

Shot .410 on 3s last year but only 1.3 attempts... Looks like a cheap Amir replacement. Just under 1 steal, 1 block, 1 assist per game. AST-.8 STL-.6-BLK-.8. only played 19 minutes per game. Looks little like Willy Hernangomez...

are these stats from bundesliga or the euroleague?