Poll

Who you got?

Fultz
78 (90.7%)
Jaylen
8 (9.3%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Author Topic: Better prospect Fultz or Jaylen? (Poll)  (Read 5061 times)

Re: Better prospect Fultz or Jaylen? (Poll)
« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2017, 08:06:14 PM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 236
I see 6 members of Jaylen's immediate family post here and voted.

« Reply #46 on: May 21, 2017, 08:07:42 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159
I see 6 members of Jaylen's immediate family post here and voted.
;D ;D ;D

« Reply #47 on: May 21, 2017, 08:13:00 PM »

Offline CF0022

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 3
Wow I'll vote for Jaylen just because the consensus is so unbalanced here.  9 to less than 1?  That just simply can't be right.

That makes 7 of us "that are clearly jaylen's immediate family" as well.  9 to  1 now.  mmmhmmm.

There is absolutely no way Fultz is 9 times better a prospect than Jaylen if at all.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 08:26:52 PM by CF0022 »

« Reply #48 on: May 21, 2017, 08:49:27 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
Wow I'll vote for Jaylen just because the consensus is so unbalanced here.  9 to less than 1?  That just simply can't be right.

That makes 7 of us "that are clearly jaylen's immediate family" as well.  9 to  1 now.  mmmhmmm.

There is absolutely no way Fultz is 9 times better a prospect than Jaylen if at all.
Come on man, did you flunk logic?  It doesn't mean that fultz is nine times better, just that he is CLEARLY better.

I love Jaylen's raw tools as much as the next guy but some people are going way over the top.  His floor is fairly low, and he has a LONG way to go.

« Reply #49 on: May 21, 2017, 09:02:29 PM »

Offline CF0022

• Brad Stevens
No I didn't flunk logic. Interesting though that you think that.   I just find it interesting that 9 out of 10 people think that fultz is a better prospect regardless. That isn't necessarily the case.  Interesting that 9 out of 10 people think that though.

Consiedring we live in a world that is supposed to treat people equally.  Yeah that pick may have more value but I don't think that fultz is necessarily a better prospect.

Not everyone is equal but in fultz vs jaylen i don't think it should be 9 to 1 by any means that fultz is definately a better prospect.

jaylen may be more raw in ways sure.  as far as talent i don't think it's that clear at this point.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 09:08:25 PM by CF0022 »

« Reply #50 on: May 21, 2017, 09:07:01 PM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 236
No I didn't flunk logic. Interesting though that you think that.   I just find it interesting that 9 out of 10 people think that fultz is a better prospect regardless. That isn't necessarily the case.  Interesting that 9 out of 10 people think that though.

Consiedring we live in a world that is supposed to treat people equally.  Yeah that pick may have more value but I don't think that fultz is necessarily a better prospect.

Not everyone is equal but in fultz vs jaylen i don't think it should be 9 to 1 by any means that fultz is definately a better prospect.

jaylen may be more raw in ways sure.  as far as talent i don't think it's that clear at this point.

Just because it's one-sided doesn't mean it's wrong. If we ran a poll asking who was a better player between IT and Smart, it'd be pretty lopsided too.

« Reply #51 on: May 21, 2017, 09:08:05 PM »

Offline CF0022

• Brad Stevens
jaylen has maturity issues.  So does fultz i'm sure. Different players and different love for the game.    As far as talent both have it in spades.

« Reply #52 on: May 21, 2017, 09:09:04 PM »

Offline ThaPreacher

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 174
  • THA PREACHER
Fultz has the shooting and play making, Jaylen has the length, athleticism and defense.

Who's the better prospect?

Whose better, Bird or Danny Ainge?
"Just do what you do best."  -Red Auerbach-

« Reply #53 on: May 21, 2017, 09:10:31 PM »

Offline CF0022

• Brad Stevens
The question here though who is the better prospect.

Danny Ainge went in the second round.  Bird was actually a later pick than Jaylen.  there were reasons for that yes.  I don't think Jaylen is bird.

Vs Fultz though I think Jaylen is much more comparable than 9 to 1.

I don't even think Fultz is necessarily a better prospect than Jaylen.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 09:18:35 PM by CF0022 »

« Reply #54 on: May 21, 2017, 09:17:25 PM »

Offline rochrist

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17
jaylen has maturity issues.  So does fultz i'm sure. Different players and different love for the game.    As far as talent both have it in spades.

I'm curious. What 'maturity' issues does Jaylen have?

« Reply #55 on: May 21, 2017, 09:18:53 PM »

Offline rochrist

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17
The question here though who is the better prospect.

Danny Ainge went in the second round.  Bird was actually a later pick than Jaylen.  there were reasons for that yes.  I don't think Jaylen is bird.

Vs Fultz though I think Jaylen is much more comparable than 9 to 1.

Come on. Ainge went late because at the time he was a full time professional baseball player. Bird went where he did because Red was exploiting a loophole in the rules that was closed the next year.

« Reply #56 on: May 21, 2017, 09:19:22 PM »

Offline CF0022

• Brad Stevens
He's 20 years old.  I think that's a given in ways.  I'm not saying it's bad but I'm sure he's still figuring things out what he wants to be etc..

He isn't everything he can possibly be yet. He could go either direction too.  If he thinks he doesn't have maturity issues that's an issue. He's 20 years old. If this is it might as well just mail it in the rest of the way.

He has maturity issues. He still has to develop. Nothing meant by it except that really. He just has to still develop.

« Reply #57 on: May 21, 2017, 09:29:54 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969

kinda what i did too

« Reply #58 on: May 21, 2017, 09:35:54 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
It's Markelle by a very wide margin.

jaylen = better defender

can markelle slow down lebron?

Neither can Jaylen.

Anyway, back to the original question: if we are talking about prospects in the sense of ceiling, Fultz clearly has a higher ceiling rn.

« Reply #59 on: May 21, 2017, 09:39:28 PM »

Online mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 598
It's Markelle by a very wide margin.

jaylen = better defender

can markelle slow down lebron?

Neither can Jaylen.

Anyway, back to the original question: if we are talking about prospects in the sense of ceiling, Fultz clearly has a higher ceiling rn.

Jaylen have slowed down Lebron on spurts. He just need to be more fundamentally sound defensively and be more aware an an off ball defender.