Author Topic: Trade #1 for Porzingis  (Read 14295 times)

Trade #1 for Porzingis
« on: May 17, 2017, 12:13:48 PM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
I would do it in a heartbeat. Still on rookie contract. We have a big that has more skill than KO to hit 3's. We get size and rebounding.

Porzingis and O'Quinn for #1 pick, Rozier. Sign Hayward, if not sign Otto Porter to offer sheet. Draft Jordan Bell with 2nd round pick. Trade the other two 2nd round picks.

The Knicks will have the #1 and #8 picks to start over.

So now we have
IT
AB
Hayward
Horford
Porzingis

Smart
Rozier
Crowder
Yabo\Bell
Zizic\O'Quinn

Use the Nets 2018 #1 to take Michael Porter and he will eventually replace Horford.

Re: Trade #1 for Porzingis
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2017, 12:16:25 PM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
Sorry, meant to put Jackson in Rozier's spot on the 2nd unit.

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2017, 12:16:27 PM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567
There are already threads on this very topic. Here's one from yesterday. Use it.

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=90810.0
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2017, 12:17:26 PM »

Offline CF0022

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 3
Wow.  Interesting for sure.  I would say no to this though.  that is probably about as tempting an offer as I could get too.

The issue I see with this is we have a similar plaeyr in KO.  What we really need is  a more physical big man to develop behind Horford.

Having Porzingis and Horford to go with what we have and IT, Bradley Smart, Rozier, Crowder, jaylen is temptng but no.

Reason being is Fultz is going to be the better player long term imoa nd I really liked porzingis coming in.

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2017, 12:21:46 PM »

Offline oldtype

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 143
No. Porzingis will be a good player and gets a lot of attention because he's in New York, but Fultz is a different class of prospect. We are talking about somebody on the Anthony Davis/Karl Towns/Ben Simmons level here.

Great words from a great man

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2017, 12:23:17 PM »

Offline CF0022

• Brad Stevens
The way the nba is now the knicks are bad and we are good for a reason.  We are built with guards and have Horford and a guy like KO who can do all the things Porzingis does within the system.  Porzingis in our system would be a glorified KO.

IT is 28 years old. You dont trade a better version of that at 19 for the next 20 years of basketball for a glorfied KO and slower pace.

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2017, 12:25:25 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307
I like KP, but imo he isn't a franchise player, and he isn't making us a championship team. 

Our current needs will be irrelevant 5 years down the road when Fultz is an all-nba player. Too many people focused on the short-term with this pick.

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2017, 12:25:36 PM »

Offline CF0022

• Brad Stevens
An argument can be made KO is actually better than Porzingis on ou team and in spots.  Porzingis would be missing shots KO makes and want the ball more. 

Still interesting though. As far as talent and a balanced team. IT, Bradley, jaylen, porzingis, Horford, rozier, smart ko etc is definately balanced.

If it were done it would be straight up.  We keep Rozier, KO etc..  KO would then supplant Porzingis at times when he is on the bench.  They are so similar though.  Porzingis plays slower and blocks more shots.

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2017, 12:26:00 PM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
What concerns me about Fultz is he didn't elevate his team like Ball did. He's a scorer but his team was very bad.

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2017, 12:26:07 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1582
heck no!  :P
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2017, 12:28:41 PM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2670
  • bammokja
What concerns me about Fultz is he didn't elevate his team like Ball did. He's a scorer but his team was very bad.
ball had a team to elevate. fultz did not.

i believe, though this is purely speculation and guess work, that if ball had been on the UW team they still would not have made the playoffs. this pains me as an alum of UW, but that team was terrible aside from fultz.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2017, 12:30:24 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Only interested in Porzingis in some sort of swap that brings the NYK pick back. Even then it's a long shot.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2017, 12:36:38 PM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
Ok, who is Fultz game most compared to in the NBA?

Harden?
Beal?
Caldwell-Pope?
Russell?

How is his defense? We can't have IT and Fultz weak on defense.

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2017, 12:54:44 PM »

Offline oldtype

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 143
Only interested in Porzingis in some sort of swap that brings the NYK pick back. Even then it's a long shot.

Now this is a more reasonable deal. 8 + Porzingis. Both sides say no though.

Great words from a great man

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2017, 12:59:56 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
Ok, who is Fultz game most compared to in the NBA?

Harden?
Beal?
Caldwell-Pope?
Russell?

How is his defense? We can't have IT and Fultz weak on defense.
He is long and athletic. His desense projects to be great.

Porzingis + O'Quinn for Fultz + Rozier? As much as I like Fultz, I think I would do that. Don't see NY parting ways with Porzingis though.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 01:08:25 PM by Jvalin »