Poll

Would you trade this year's Brooklyn pick, plus other potential minor assets, for Porzingis?

Yes
48 (80%)
No
12 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 60

Author Topic: Report: KP skips exit interviews due to Knicks dysfunction; trade BRK pick 4 KP?  (Read 6674 times)

Offline Darío SpanishFan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
The Brooklyn pick for Porzingis and the New York lotto pick. That is where I would start.

And end.

Offline jyyzzoel

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 47
The Brooklyn pick for Porzingis and the New York lotto pick. That is where I would start.

Yeah that's solid. That's a reasonable starting point. I think KP is overrated, but that would be a good deal.

Everybody willing to give away both Brooklyn picks for KP or a top 2 pick and other assets for KP are buying too much into his hype. Check his gamelogs. He really is overrated and inconsistent

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
Hypothetically, adding KP with just his rookie contract could also still allow us to pursue a max-FA.

Obviously pieces would leave via trade and it probably means KO is gone too.

But KP + Max FA to much of this core (IT, Horford, etc.)? A man can dream.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
One for one, KP for the Brooklyn 2017 pick, I would do in a heart beat...problem is, Jackson would never do it. The proven KP is more valuable in a NY rebuild than the Brooklyn pick. Known entity vs unknown entity. KP is just 21 and averaged 18.2 PPG, 7.2 RPG. 2 BPG, and shot 35.7% from 3 and had a TS% of 55%. No way Jackson is trading him for just a pick in this draft. But I would love if Danny could convince Jackson to do so.

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Maybe I'm just remembering or interpreting all this wrong, but how come so far in this thread (poll currently at 80.6% yes) people are so pro-Porzingis, willing to trade the Brooklyn pick and more, but in similar threads about Jokic, it seemed like many don't think he's worth as much.

I think Jokic is better than Porzingis.  At least they should be in the same conversation.  Same age, but Jokic is the more efficient scorer and a much better rebounder and passer, while Porzingis is a much better shot blocker.

I was on record, like the 6th post in that thread, as clearly stating there is no way Denver would trade Jokic for just the #1 pick this year. And while I guess I didn't state as much, I would absolutely give up that and another lesser asset to get Jokic.

I'd say right now I think the Joker is slightly ahead of the Zinger, but both are excellent players who I would gladly trade this year's Nets pick for.

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Maybe I'm just remembering or interpreting all this wrong, but how come so far in this thread (poll currently at 80.6% yes) people are so pro-Porzingis, willing to trade the Brooklyn pick and more, but in similar threads about Jokic, it seemed like many don't think he's worth as much.

I think Jokic is better than Porzingis.  At least they should be in the same conversation.  Same age, but Jokic is the more efficient scorer and a much better rebounder and passer, while Porzingis is a much better shot blocker.

My guess is that they're different posters responding.

That said, they're different players. Jokic is a better rebounder and passer; Porzingis is more of an outside threat and is a better defender. Jokic is really, really bad on the defensive end.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline Phil125

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 57
I'd do this years Brooklyn pick and next years Celtics pick + maybe Rozier.  KP fills almost every hole we have. 

Yes look at his game logs, but you have to remember he plays with two of the biggest ball hogs in basketball Rose and Melo.  I'm surprised he even scores a point.

Fultz might be a better player 2 years from now, but Fultz also means we have to trade IT or let him walk.

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545
Meh
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
One for one, KP for the Brooklyn 2017 pick, I would do in a heart beat...problem is, Jackson would never do it. The proven KP is more valuable in a NY rebuild than the Brooklyn pick. Known entity vs unknown entity. KP is just 21 and averaged 18.2 PPG, 7.2 RPG. 2 BPG, and shot 35.7% from 3 and had a TS% of 55%. No way Jackson is trading him for just a pick in this draft. But I would love if Danny could convince Jackson to do so.
He don't do it we are more than fine and he lose KP for nothing and that is almost for sure

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 743
I'd do this years Brooklyn pick and next years Celtics pick + maybe Rozier.  KP fills almost every hole we have. 

Yes look at his game logs, but you have to remember he plays with two of the biggest ball hogs in basketball Rose and Melo.  I'm surprised he even scores a point.

Fultz might be a better player 2 years from now, but Fultz also means we have to trade IT or let him walk.
This is important. He has a lot more skill with the ball than what he was allowed to show in New York because he has two old guys trying to prove they're still worth something in this league, neither of whom were ever big on sharing. Dropping Porzingis into the C's current lineup would really open things up for him and he'd be the perfect center both for Brad and for Horford.

But it would be incredibly tough to pry him away from New York. If they're going to rebuild, they'd probably just as soon do it with Porzingis than with Brooklyn's pick this year (either way Carmelo would have to go). Which is why I still wonder about a deal like Isaiah and Horford for Porzingis, so the Knicks can pair those two with Melo. You'd probably have to take back the terrible Noah contract, too, and it would mean taking a step backwards for the C's but it would solve some roster problems and give them a hell of a core going forward.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033

TP. Fultz will also be on a rookie contract 2 years from now... and 4 years from now. Porzingis will be making $25M/year in 2018-19. The former makes a lot more sense for the team rebuilding.

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Try to nab him. Then when Anthony Davis is disgruntled, make the move  for him. Anthony davis can only miss the playoffs for so many years before he is going to want to leave. Boogie isn't going to take him to the promise land. If anything, boogie will accelerate ADs exit from that team. No one likes playing with that guy

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Trade Porzingis or fire Jackson. The decision is soooo hard...

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540
I would absolutely do it.  Jackson's an idiot for not not making the call last summer to build the team around Porzingis vs trying to win in 16-17 - and predictably he failed miserably.  KP more than fills a need.  And his work ethic would be perfect here. 

I'm also a little less than excited that the best players in the draft look to be point guards - not exactly the primary position of need right now.

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Woj adds a bit more insight: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/kristaps-porzingis-unhappy-phil-jackson-knicks-015636997.html.

Nate Duncan also brings up a great point:
Remember that players can only get the designated veteran extension if traded on their rookie contract. Could become part of dynamic

https://twitter.com/NateDuncanNBA/status/853435457434140673

I believe Porzingis to be fairly overrated, largely due to the market he plays in. I'd rather have Markelle Fultz, but if that pick doesn't land #1, I'd trade it and other goodies for Porzingis. He may not be all he's cracked up to be, but he is one heck of a prospect.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers