Author Topic: That's all it needed to get Cousins  (Read 9516 times)

Re: That's all it needed to get Cousins
« Reply #60 on: February 20, 2017, 10:12:12 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
I would love an explanation from Danny, however it's both telling that this is the best deal the Kings can get and that they wanted to "build a culture free of Cousins."

Danny will never say

Except the fact he has already stated he is not willing to give up assets for short term rentals..... Unless the rental is KG calibre

Assuming what the Kings wanted was: Expirings. Pick(s) in 2017. A young talent.

We had assets to offer. The problem was that our assets were such that the deal would be nowhere near the bargain NOP got (eg Kelly, BRK17, and Jaylen Brown...)

« Reply #61 on: February 20, 2017, 10:20:37 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I would love an explanation from Danny, however it's both telling that this is the best deal the Kings can get and that they wanted to "build a culture free of Cousins."

Danny will never say

Except the fact he has already stated he is not willing to give up assets for short term rentals..... Unless the rental is KG calibre

We had assets to offer. The problem was that our assets were such that the deal would be nowhere near the bargain NOP got (eg Kelly, BRK17, and Jaylen Brown...)

The Pelicans are also desparate

So a hailmary type move like this is an ok risk

Hield was not really turning heads. 2017 1st will be in the 15-22 range

Evans is always injured etc

If the Celts were fighting for their playoff lives maybe Danny executes this trade

But right now CBS is his superstar. He listens to his input/sensitive to system/culture

« Reply #62 on: February 20, 2017, 10:20:58 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533

Danny will never say

I don't think it was the assets. C's could easily offer a better package.

I really think it was the player in question. They just didn't want to acquire that personality in the team imo. Considering his volatility, I'm not sure he even stays in NO long term.

« Reply #63 on: February 20, 2017, 10:36:06 AM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Ugh.  I'm just so disappointed at this point that I don't even care anymore.  How long as Danny been promising his ****ty fireworks?  Yea, so much for fireworks. 

2008 was 9 years ago.  Before 2008 it was 20 some odd years.  I'm starting to see a pattern here.  We only have one more decade to go to win another championship.

I've been asking Danny's apologists for a while now, when are you going to stop making excuses for this guy?  When are you going to stop rationalizing his awful moves or lack off?  When are you going to hold him accountable?  When are you going to put 2008 behind you and make demands for another one?

I'm so sick of this sh!t.
He still will become a free agent. We don't know if his agent told Danny he would not sign here. Please keep that in mind. He is not a model citizen like Paul George. If we get PG this becomes mute. IMO

Free Agents don't willingly sign here.  They have to be traded and then when they feel Boston from the inside rather than from the outside looking in, that's when everything changes.  I see him signing with Lakers in all honesty.

Jesus Christ, not this **** again

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Horford

You do realize that don't doesn't mean never, right?

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #64 on: February 20, 2017, 10:37:21 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
The first thing that came to my mind when I saw this deal last night was Brad and Danny must really have not wanted Boogie.  Why, well that is speculation.  I just hope it isn't because Brad doesn't think Boogie would fit his system.

My guess is a big part of the reason Sacto got so little isn't even Boogie's attitude issues, although I'm sure it played a role.  Boogie had to have been rather firm that he won't be signing any extension this summer and prefers to explore free agency the following summer.  I bet that is what truly scared off a lot of the good GM's like Ainge.  Despite Boogie's immense talent, if he leaves in free agency what did you accomplish?

It isn't as if this deal still might not blow up in the Pelicans face.  If the pairing of Boogie and Davis doesn't work, or the team just isn't any better because the rest of the roster is weak, and then Boogie leaves in free agency New Orleans is still out the assets they gave up.  They also risk Davis becoming frustrated with the franchise and maybe having to trade him if this experiment fails.

Kinda bummed the C's didn't get Cousins, especially for the super low price the Pelicans got him for, but it is what it is.  No sense crying over spilt milk.

« Reply #65 on: February 20, 2017, 10:38:46 AM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
So, I heard some speculation that part of the reason we turned away from a Cousins deal was to focus on Butler. If this is true, and we trade the nest away for Butler, I will finally FINALLY be willing to say Ainge made a truly **** decision. We are FINE at the swing, A OK. Present = Crowder (good player, great chemistry guy, bargain contract). Future = Brown (athleticism, flashes of shooting, ability to create his own shots, still a rookie). Bigs:

The ****ed up part is with the price Nola paid for Cousins, we could've gotten BOTH Cousins and Butler.

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my

« Reply #66 on: February 20, 2017, 10:38:55 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
I really don't get why the Sixers weren't all over this.  They have so many assets and draft picks, including Sacto's own picks, that I just can't see why they wouldn't be willing to take a flyer on Cousins.  You want to change how your franchise is perceived, trade for Cousins.  I mean something like Okafor and Saric plus removing the swap this year and giving Sacto back its future pick and then giving them the Knicks 2nd rounder this year, makes a heck of a lot sense for both teams.  Sixers could even add in someone like Covington if they had to and it still wouldn't affect much in the future.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #67 on: February 20, 2017, 10:41:17 AM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134
So, I heard some speculation that part of the reason we turned away from a Cousins deal was to focus on Butler. If this is true, and we trade the nest away for Butler, I will finally FINALLY be willing to say Ainge made a truly **** decision. We are FINE at the swing, A OK. Present = Crowder (good player, great chemistry guy, bargain contract). Future = Brown (athleticism, flashes of shooting, ability to create his own shots, still a rookie). Bigs:

The ****ed up part is with the price Nola paid for Cousins, we could've gotten BOTH Cousins and Buttler.

How ? How would the trades and money work ?

« Reply #68 on: February 20, 2017, 10:43:22 AM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen

The ****ed up part is with the price Nola paid for Cousins, we could've gotten BOTH Cousins and Buttler.

How ? How would the trades and money work ?

I'm not knowledgeable about cap space and stuff but I'm saying they got Cousins for scraps.  We would've been able to get Cousins without having to give up Brooklyn's first.  With that we would still be the highest bidder for Butler.

« Reply #69 on: February 20, 2017, 10:46:00 AM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
Seriously 7UCK Danny Ainge.  Danny, if you're reading this, 7UCK YOU.

« Reply #70 on: February 20, 2017, 10:55:07 AM »

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129
I'm never been more upset as a celtics fan. I've telling people ainge is getting cheap with his assets. It's going to be hard for me to follow the celtics if they give up a bunch for Butler, especially since the price for cousins was so low. We just watched Butler play. He's a volume scorer who isn't that special on D. The price is only going higher for Butler since there is no stud left.

« Reply #71 on: February 20, 2017, 11:15:15 AM »

Offline mahcus smaht

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 4
spoiler alert: hes not reading this.

« Reply #72 on: February 20, 2017, 11:20:30 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

I see now why you wanted Cousins

Calm down man. Celts werent the only team that balked at the chance to trade for Cousins. Lakers pursued harder than NOC but werent willing to give up Ingram

« Reply #73 on: February 20, 2017, 11:21:23 AM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134

What's wrong with you ?

We have a 50 win team, tons of young talent, cap space galore, the best young coach in the league, and we own first round picks taken from a division rival who needs them to rebuild.

And it's the middle finger to Ainge ?

I've never seen a rebuild this strong from ANY organization in sports. Never.

Again, what's wrong with you ?

« Reply #74 on: February 20, 2017, 11:22:17 AM »

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129

What's wrong with you ?

We have a 50 win team, tons of young talent, cap space galore, the best young coach in the league, and we own first round picks taken from a division rival who needs them to rebuild.

And it's the middle finger to Ainge ?

I've never seen a rebuild this strong from ANY organization in sports. Never.

Again, what's wrong with you ?

I'm with him. Enjoy getting swept in the ECF.