Author Topic: Holy Crap, we are going to get the First seed  (Read 15494 times)

Re: Holy Crap, we are going to get the First seed
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2017, 12:20:43 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
Cleveland loses to Dallas, 2.5 games baby.  They're only 11-10 on the road, and have played 5 more home than road games.  We're right there.  Need to play some defense and rebound better.

This is awesome! The Cavs will go on a tear soon, but who cares! This III a funny.

Love was out tonight.

Korver 4points 3 boards 26 mins

80 million dollar Thompson 26 mins 0 points 0 assists 8 boards

The king is p---ed and I love it.

« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2017, 01:09:04 AM »

Offline RAAAAAAAANDY

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 57
3.5 games is still far. You don't expect a team with the best player in the world to go on a 10 game losing streak. They just blew out the OKC today. I'm sure they will be fine. While 1st seed is nice, its better to temper our expectations.

LeBron is not the best player in the world.

We have a guy in the west who is leading the league in scoring WHILE averaging a triple double at the same time.  Thats something the nba hasn't seen in maybe 50 years.

If LeBron played in a team such as OKC, with no stars at his side, he could average a triple double and maybe score 35. That's not a fair measure of judgement, I believe. And I'm not saying LeBron is the best basketball player in the world, but the debate must be richer than this, with all respect.

If we don't trade for a star before the deadline, let's focus on keeping 2-3 seed to avoid Cleveland until the ECF. It is a more realistic approach.

He has played on such teams with the cars and never came close...

As I recall those teams were actually good, unlike Russ and his stat padding campaign. It never ceases to amaze me how his flaws just get ignored. James Harden is a much, much better basketball player than Russ. Kawhi is better. Steph and KD are better. Lebron is better. Russ puts up the raw totals that look great until you watch that team and realize he uses every single possession. For all the whining about his supporting cast, that team actually has decent players. They should be better.

« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2017, 01:10:00 AM »

Offline RAAAAAAAANDY

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 57
Cleveland loses to Dallas, 2.5 games baby.  They're only 11-10 on the road, and have played 5 more home than road games.  We're right there.  Need to play some defense and rebound better.

This is awesome! The Cavs will go on a tear soon, but who cares! This III a funny.

Love was out tonight.

Korver 4points 3 boards 26 mins

80 million dollar Thompson 26 mins 0 points 0 assists 8 boards

The king is p---ed and I love it.

You know the cupboard is bare (in terms of trade assets, obviously the roster has talent) when they can't even put together a package to acquire TJ McConnell.

« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2017, 09:26:51 AM »

Offline Ed Hollison

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 195
Can anyone give any real insights on what's wrong with the Cavs? That game in Dallas last night wasn't even close.
"A thought of hatred must be destroyed by a more powerful thought of love."

http://fruittreeblog.com

« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2017, 09:46:08 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
Can anyone give any real insights on what's wrong with the Cavs? That game in Dallas last night wasn't even close.
James is very tired and the bench is very thin with all of the injuries.  That is why James has been a bit vocal of late regarding the roster.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2017, 11:42:34 AM »

Offline Ed Hollison

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 195
James is very tired and the bench is very thin with all of the injuries.  That is why James has been a bit vocal of late regarding the roster.

Wow, just looked on Basketball Reference and realized Lebron is #1 in minutes per game this season. That is insane.
"A thought of hatred must be destroyed by a more powerful thought of love."

http://fruittreeblog.com

« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2017, 11:54:28 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
Friendly reminder that ~1 week ago we were on the most dismal losing jag of the year, and the Cavs are world champs. Doesn't seem likely.

But I always prefer irrational optimism to irrational pessimism, so TP to the OP.

This. Even we manage to get to the first seed, I doubt we hold it till the end of the season.

But then again, nothing wrong with a bit of optimism.

« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2017, 12:34:31 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395

You think they should lose to the Pelicans without Davis, Sacramento at home and Dallas because James is tired and the bench is thin? The first two Kevin love and Irving and Lebron all played right? If those guys are all stars they should beat a Davis less Pelicans team if their bench was YMCA players

« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2017, 12:43:00 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

You think they should lose to the Pelicans without Davis, Sacramento at home and Dallas because James is tired and the bench is thin? The first two Kevin love and Irving and Lebron all played right? If those guys are all stars they should beat a Davis less Pelicans team if their bench was YMCA players

The season is long and teams lose their edge a bit.  They're only able to dress 11 players right now because ownership doesn't want to pay the luxury tax to fill their open roster spot.  Signing a D-leaguer to a 10-day contract increases their tax bill by $200k.  Marginal cost vs. marginal benefit is their worst enemy right now.

« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2017, 01:08:58 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549

The Warriors lost to the Lakers by 20 points.  Good teams lose to bad teams all the time.  But, the Cavs went 7-8 in January because James is tired and the bench is thin.  Injuries take their toll.  I fully expect the Cavs to shut James down for a week or two in the near future, but they need to get some bodies healthy and some new guys in before they do that.  I mean the Cavs basically have just 3 big men on the roster in Thompson, Love, and Frye (they had Anderson who is done for the year), and that is using the phrase big men very loosely.  The backup PG is a 5'9" rookie 2nd round pick.  The Cavs went cheap this summer keeping some young guys at the expense of some veterans and size, and it is showing during the grind of the season.  It is also not a coincidence that James has been a lot more vocal about the roster of late.  He is tired and it shows and he wants the Cavs to bring in some vets to take some of the load off so he can be fresher and ready for the playoffs.  If James is worn out, the Cavs has no shot at all against the Warriors and James absolutely understands this.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2017, 01:19:11 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

The Warriors lost to the Lakers by 20 points.  Good teams lose to bad teams all the time.  But, the Cavs went 7-8 in January because James is tired and the bench is thin.  Injuries take their toll.  I fully expect the Cavs to shut James down for a week or two in the near future, but they need to get some bodies healthy and some new guys in before they do that.  I mean the Cavs basically have just 3 big men on the roster in Thompson, Love, and Frye (they had Anderson who is done for the year), and that is using the phrase big men very loosely.  The backup PG is a 5'9" rookie 2nd round pick.  The Cavs went cheap this summer keeping some young guys at the expense of some veterans and size, and it is showing during the grind of the season.  It is also not a coincidence that James has been a lot more vocal about the roster of late.  He is tired and it shows and he wants the Cavs to bring in some vets to take some of the load off so he can be fresher and ready for the playoffs.  If James is worn out, the Cavs has no shot at all against the Warriors and James absolutely understands this.

Some of your other points are valid, but this one is kind of silly using the Warriors loss as an example. The Warriors have lost 7 games all season and 2 of them were to teams under .500. That is not exactly "all the time." The Cavs recent month long stretch is worst than any stretch for the Warriors in at least a year and a half. It may even be 2.5 years but I would have to back to their title year to really know.

« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2017, 01:27:34 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

Some of your other points are valid, but this one is kind of silly using the Warriors loss as an example. The Warriors have lost 7 games all season and 2 of them were to teams under .500. That is not exactly "all the time." The Cavs recent month long stretch is worst than any stretch for the Warriors in at least a year and a half. It may even be 2.5 years but I would have to back to their title year to really know.
I read somewhere last night that it was Lebrons first month under .500 since 2006.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 01:33:44 PM by Ilikesports17 »
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2017, 01:32:22 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

I read somewhere last night that it was Lebrons first month under .500 since 2006.

At leas

Yea the idea that this "happens all the time" is pretty ludicrous

« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2017, 02:33:33 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I'm in the group that believes if C's get the one seed in the East IT will win the MVP.

« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2017, 02:37:04 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Only if LeBron trips and sprains an ankle . 

Cavs minus James ....not a top 4 team in the East

Very beatable by healthy Celtics team