Author Topic: Celtics must be alone in this category  (Read 1226 times)

Celtics must be alone in this category
« on: January 21, 2017, 06:43:26 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
not sure but...

How many teams can boast of two straight playoff appearances followed by lottery picks, then followed by a high playoff seed followed by a top 4 lottery pick.

That has to be a first, and that lottery pick must feel giddy joining a good team. Because most top lottery picks do not go to good teams.

Ainge has a chance to build something special.... keep the picks.

Re: Celtics must be alone in this category
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2017, 07:27:32 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
Danny is a student of Red. He must be proud of him.

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2017, 07:58:37 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
not sure but...

How many teams can boast of two straight playoff appearances followed by lottery picks, then followed by a high playoff seed followed by a top 4 lottery pick.

That has to be a first, and that lottery pick must feel giddy joining a good team. Because most top lottery picks do not go to good teams.

Pardon me, but I do NOT feel giddy about this team after arguably the worst back to back HOME losses in half a decade.  We have been playing some of the WORST defense recently in Celtics' history!!!

Smitty77

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2017, 12:20:55 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
not sure but...

Pardon me, but I do NOT feel giddy about this team after arguably the worst back to back HOME losses in half a decade.  We have been playing some of the WORST defense recently in Celtics' history!!!

Smitty77

Smitty this is irrelevant with the OP's message.

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2017, 12:25:02 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
@Ogaju

I'm also in the keep the picks club.

Not because I trust this is the best course of action but because watching young, talented players develop is so much fun. Imagine the 2018-19 season with Smart in his 5th year, Jaylen and the two BRK picks. This could be special.

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2017, 12:28:43 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
@Ogaju

I'm also in the keep the picks club.

Not because I trust this is the best course of action but because watching young, talented players develop is so much fun. Imagine the 2018-19 season with Smart in his 5th year, Jaylen and the two BRK picks. This could be special.
Good points. Also consider that. The new CBA. Makes trades for stars more difficult, thereby rewarding drafting.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2017, 02:39:46 AM »

Offline Greyman

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 211
A really solid core, young players like Brown and Rozier having potential (as keepers or trade pieces), two young bigs killing it overseas and the Nets' pick. Sure I have missed other positives. The only thing that isn't bright is the Celtics' ability to be a contending team right now. Maybe DA pulls something off or maybe we have to wait for next season, but the future is certainly bright.

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2017, 03:00:33 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
@hwangjini_1

thank you

btw, saltlover has made a great post on how the new CBA affects the C's