Author Topic: Found the Celtics future PF. Josh Jackson.  (Read 17419 times)

Found the Celtics future PF. Josh Jackson.
« on: January 08, 2017, 07:04:20 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
 People are complaining about Horford playing the four and not being able to cover the pick and roll well. Well let me tell you, this kid can cover anybody, anytime.

He's 6'8". A beast of a defender and competitor. He can switch onto anyone. He's a tremendous athlete.

My second favorite player in the draft. What a fit he would be for the Celtics and he has the same issue we hear ever year from an Ainge pick.

" If he can learn to knock down the three's consistently he'll be unstoppable"

This kid truly does it all besides shoot it. Jackson and Brown could definitely play together, especially if there knocking down shots.

Horford
 Jackson
 Crowder
 Bradley
 Thomas

Smart, Brown

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=xtf9DSzTgWg

« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 12:47:04 PM by KG Living Legend »

Re: Found the Celtics future PF. Josh Jackson.
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2017, 07:13:09 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
 We are so Blessed to have a chance to take this kid. If we are picking four or can five this year, and Jackson or Tatum is there you take them and laugh all the way to the bank.

If Crowder can't understand it's called BPA no matter what. Than Ainge will send him packing. He will be easy to move on that contract.

Jackson is almost Smart good on defense, and he's 6'8" and almost Jaylen athletic. Imagine what he could do for our team.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 12:47:56 PM by KG Living Legend »

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2017, 09:17:02 AM »

Offline JOMVP

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 100
He is my favorite right now, if he adds some more muscle he'll be able to guard the 4 position most of the time in the NBA. His shot mechanics look a little wierd, the way he brings the ball to his face, what does his 3pt fg% look like?

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2017, 09:44:36 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Jackson is not really a pf.  He needs to rebound the ball a bit better to prove he can play pf

Tatum on the other hand

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2017, 09:50:33 AM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
He is a very good player...that shot though.  :o

I would put him after Fultz, Tatum, and Giles.

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2017, 10:12:39 AM »

Offline Diggles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 46
He is good to small to play PF in the NBA now.    Maybe later.   I do not want anymore small PF or Centers.    We have Crowder and Brown.   BUTTTT "IF" we move one of them for a real PF or Center and draft this kid. 
Diggles

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2017, 12:24:49 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 551
I see Jackson as a 2/3 while Tatum is a 3/4.  DraftExpress has Jackson and Tatum at the same size but Tatum looks significantly bigger.   Jackson is very athletic while Tatum is a notch below.  Jackson is a year older than Tatum.  Jackson and Tatum are shooting poorly from 3 but Tatum looks to be the better shooter as shown by his much better free throw shooting.  Jackson is an excellent defender with a very good motor and a very good passer while Tatum is just good. 

I really like them both.  Given the choice between the two my heart would say Jackson but my head would say Tatum.  At this point for us, I'd probably go Tatum because I'm not confident Jackson's shooting can be fixed. 

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2017, 04:02:33 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

Taytum and Jackson are basically the same height, same weight, with Taytum having a 1" wingspan edge.

Taytum does have that basketball body. He's got very wide shoulders. Jackson is two noticed above him athletically.

It should be no question that could Jackson has more potential guarding three's and fours over Taytum.

If you want a go to scorer draft Taytum. If you want a pitbull that can guard anyone, draft Jackson.

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2017, 04:08:51 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

Taytum and Jackson are basically the same height, same weight, with Taytum having a 1" wingspan edge.

Taytum does have that basketball body. He's got very wide shoulders. Jackson is two noticed above him athletically.

It should be no question that could Jackson has more potential guarding three's and fours over Taytum.

If you want a go to scorer draft Taytum. If you want a pitbull that can guard anyone, draft Jackson.
Tatum is longer, stronger and has a better frame to add more weight and strength. Tatum seems like he fits much better in the Carmelo Anthony/Jabari Parker 3/4 mold while Jackson seems to fit more in the Wiggins/Butler 2/3 mold.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2017, 04:16:45 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
Tatum has gained a lot of weight/muscle in the past 6 months or so.  I'd guess he's 10-15 pounds heavier than the 205 he's listed at.  Jackson is more athletic, but Tatum is more skilled and plays with a smoothness/body control that a lot of people say reminds them of Pierce.  Neither are shooting 3s well, about 28% for each of them, but Tatum's 86% from the lines bodes well for him while Jackson is only shooting 54% from the line.  Right now, and it's still early, Tatum is the guy I'm hoping the Cs land.

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2017, 04:30:04 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 551

I wouldn't believe the DraftExpress numbers.  I think Tatum will measure 1.5" to 2" taller than Jackson at the combine.   

NBA PFs will overpower Jackson.  I think Jackson would do better guarding NBA PGs.       

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2017, 04:36:59 PM »

Offline NHCelticsFan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 179
Tatum has gained a lot of weight/muscle in the past 6 months or so.  I'd guess he's 10-15 pounds heavier than the 205 he's listed at.  Jackson is more athletic, but Tatum is more skilled and plays with a smoothness/body control that a lot of people say reminds them of Pierce.  Neither are shooting 3s well, about 28% for each of them, but Tatum's 86% from the lines bodes well for him while Jackson is only shooting 54% from the line.  Right now, and it's still early, Tatum is the guy I'm hoping the Cs land.

Reminds me a bit of Tobias Harris with better defensive potential.

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2017, 05:18:52 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664

I wouldn't believe the DraftExpress numbers.  I think Tatum will measure 1.5" to 2" taller than Jackson at the combine.   

NBA PFs will overpower Jackson.  I think Jackson would do better guarding NBA PGs.     

Tatum only looks one or two inches shorter than Giles who is listed at 6'11".  I wouldn't be surprised if he measures 6'9" in shoes at the combine.

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2017, 05:25:06 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
I've got nothing against Mr Jackson.

But IMO one should not draft rookies with the expectation that they will immediately contribute let alone start.

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2017, 06:19:38 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
I've got nothing against Mr Jackson.

But IMO one should not draft rookies with the expectation that they will immediately contribute let alone start.

That doesn't make any sense Greece. What about Jaylen Brown? He was a solid pick with no hope of starting in year one. Probably not next year either.

Multiple Sources, have said Jackson is probably the most ready to contribute prospect in the draft.

I was reluctant to say so earlier, but Jackson is better than Brown and three inches taller.

He has a much more well rounded game, but they do have the same weakness. Shooting from deep.