Author Topic: Celtics (9-7) at Heat (5-11) Game #17 11/28/16  (Read 33800 times)

Re: Celtics (9-7) at Heat (5-11) Game #17 11/28/16
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2016, 12:14:44 PM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
Over/under 20 rebounds for Whiteside?

« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2016, 12:15:41 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
I'll be there. Scored some pretty sweet seats.

« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2016, 12:43:07 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
Abby ChinVerified account
‏@tvabby
#Heat injury issues are real. Out: Winslow, Waiters and Johnson (oral surgery). Questionable: Dragic and Whiteside (sore knee). #Celtics

« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2016, 12:47:29 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
‏@tvabby
#Heat injury issues are real. Out: Winslow, Waiters and Johnson (oral surgery). Questionable: Dragic and Whiteside (sore knee). #Celtics

Yeah, Johnson said he swallowed his tooth (fake tooth) last game. I think Dragic is very questionable based on reports, but we'll see.

« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2016, 01:03:27 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
Horford is out tonight. Nothing serious, just personal reasons (his wife just had their second kid, so congrats to them!)

Seriously? We just gave the guy $100m+ and he had to go and have sex again? Talk about selfish.

Mike

To be fair, his child was conceived before he signed the deal

The problem is that Danny spent that much on a player that he probably knew was gonna miss a game just to watch his second child be born (and it's not even his first child, like come on dude you've seen it before)

Just more fuel for the #FireDanny fire
I'm bitter.

« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2016, 01:05:42 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
Jeez.  Dude is going to need a vacation to spend time with his new born child now too.. I have him on my fantasy team too.  Dude is a good player but dude......

« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2016, 01:08:09 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
This is what I think we are going to see from Al Horford as worst case too for the next 4 years.  A guy that shows up 50 games a season and sometimes in the playoffs.  We aren't going to see the warrior guy who shows up every night and really guts it out with this team every night.  Dude got paid.

I really hope that isn't the horford we get.  Some of these guys get paid and do that. Horford will be alright  but that is really worst case.

« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2016, 01:09:30 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
This is what I think we are going to see from Al Horford as worst case too for the next 4 years.  A guy that shows up 50 games a season and sometimes in the playoffs.  We aren't going to see the warrior guy who shows up every night and really guts it out with this team every night.  Dude got paid.

I really hope that isn't the horford we get.  Some of these guys get paid and do that. Horford will be alright  but that is really worst case.

Lol
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2016, 01:10:08 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
‏@tvabby

There's really no excuse to lose this game. That's almost their entire starting lineup that could be out for tonight's game.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2016, 01:12:31 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo

Lol

The weather isn't that great in boston.  Only way we can get them to come here is if we let them slack off a bit as long as they show up when it matters which I don't like.  Boston in general has very bad luck with free agents that way too. Not just not coming here but the ones that do in other sports slack off at times.  I'm serious too.  Al will be great when he plays and will have stretches where he guts it out I hope.

He's a hired gun. He's not trying to make his money any more.

« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2016, 01:25:31 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
Jeez.  Dude is going to need a vacation to spend time with his new born child now too.. I have him on my fantasy team too.  Dude is a good player but dude......
yes, just exactly what sort of warped priorities is harford carrying around??? didnt his dad teach him anything about how families count less than cb and its fans?  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2016, 01:28:53 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja

Lol

The weather isn't that great in boston.  Only way we can get them to come here is if we let them slack off a bit as long as they show up when it matters which I don't like.  Boston in general has very bad luck with free agents that way too. Not just not coming here but the ones that do in other sports slack off at times.  I'm serious too.  Al will be great when he plays and will have stretches where he guts it out I hope.

so, each and every free agent signed by a boston sports team has slacked off upon arrival here? does the weather make such free agents slack off in chicago? new york? detroit? toronto?

and are players acquired in trades also guilty of slacking off? i mean, the weather is the same for them as for free agents, no?

i cant imagine how any pro team there ever have winning records.  ::)
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2016, 01:32:12 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
Feels nice to be the favourite again in a game against MIA.

« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2016, 01:40:25 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo

Lol

so, each and every free agent signed by a boston sports team has slacked off upon arrival here? does the weather make such free agents slack off in chicago? new york? detroit? toronto?

and are players acquired in trades also guilty of slacking off? i mean, the weather is the same for them as for free agents, no?

i cant imagine how any pro team there ever have winning records.  ::)

Quite a few do slack off once they come here yes.  And it does seem to be free agents not trades. Al is the first big free agent the celtics have had so hard to compare but in the red sox case yes that is correct. 

I'm not saying Horford is this.  I think Horford will do quite well when he plays.  But I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't play close to 82 games in a season once in the 4 years he is here.

I also would not be surprised to see him be a 4 years and done player here either.

I am a big fan of Al and being a bit whatever because I'd like to see him do more than that in his time here, but I would not be surprised by that at all.

I think if there is one knock on Al Horford it is that that he doesn't show up every night.  Consistant player though.  I think in his case here we may try to more maximize him on nights he does play vs having him out tehre when he takes the night off. 

He isn't like pierce that way where he toughs it out and is a workhorse that way.  He could be.  KG also had spurts where he didnt play and wasn't his usual self and would turn it on.

I think vs having Al going through the motions the celtics  may just let him take his time here and give his A game when he plays.

I'd like more from him though. He could do more that way and be a real warrior and be out there every night.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 01:57:24 PM by walker834 »

« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2016, 02:06:21 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
‏@tvabby

There's really no excuse to lose this game. That's almost their entire starting lineup that could be out for tonight's game.
It is an official trap game now.