Author Topic: What WOULD you trade for Okafor?  (Read 9570 times)

Re: What WOULD you trade for Okafor?
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2016, 11:05:07 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
Marcus Smart or Avery Bradley straight up. (With any requested throw ins of second rounders or guys on the Hunter/Mickey/Bentil/Jackson tier)

I agree, except I don't think they'd take AB due to their PG needs.  So, Smart for Okafor, one for one.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2016, 11:07:47 AM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862
Marcus Smart or Avery Bradley straight up. (With any requested throw ins of second rounders or guys on the Hunter/Mickey/Bentil/Jackson tier)
TP
This.
I wish we drafted better at 16 and 31 so we could add them to the trade. I would much prefer Wade Baldwin than Yab and Wade would be a good throw in.

The best trade would be:
 Marcus Smart
Okafor

But Philly needs to get it done and everyone is super low on Okafor and how he translates to the current style of NBA play.

If we could trade Rozier, RJ, and etc for Okafor that would be crazy good for us and we could give Marcus more time to develop..

In the end if Okafor comes back and shows an improvement in his jumper and uses his 1 year of NBA experience to play better defense, well then the asking price would go through the roof....especially if he physically matures and becomes more conditioned.

+1

Smart for Okafor seems extremely fair.  Both are high lottery picks that are able to do at least one thing really well at the NBA level but with questions about their fit in the modern NBA.   They each would come from a position of surplus on their current team and would go to a position of need on the destination team.  Each still has a ton of potential upside.  Each has notable shortcomings so far.

I can see adding in a modest pick in order to make up for the additional year of rookie contract control.

I don't see why Philly would ever want a big package of multiple 2nd and 3rd tier prospects and picks. I.E., packages that roll up the Hunters, Youngs, Naders, Jacksons, etc.  If that is all some folks would be willing to give up for him, then a deal won't happen.
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2016, 11:14:25 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft

I agree, except I don't think they'd take AB due to their PG needs.  So, Smart for Okafor, one for one.
Bradley is probably a better fit than Smart, because he can shoot guards 1s and doesn't take the ball out of Simmons hands.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2016, 11:48:14 AM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Ugh. I don't know. I don't even know if I'd trade for him at all. Seems like he has Enes Kanter 2.0 written all over him. That might be okay with Al's defensive ability and a strong perimeter defense.

I think I'd give up Avery straight up, no picks. He's more logical for the Sixers than Smart would be because he can shoot and doesn't require the ball offensively.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2016, 12:12:11 PM »

Offline otherdave

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 124
  • takes.....MAKES!!!!
I would not trade for Okafor.  No interest.

« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2016, 12:20:19 PM »

Offline jbarnies

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 2
Smart makes sense to me value-wise but I think they will want a better outside shooter. I think Rozier and a non-BK pick could do it for me.

« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2016, 12:25:04 PM »

Offline Diggles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 46
Phili would say~

Jahil was a beast (yes on a bad team) But he was selected to the USA Practice Team and average more than most rookies have in the last 10 years.   Probably in the top 5%.     That kind of talent is hard to come by no matter how much of a log jam they have....

We might be better to get Homes for less.   
Diggles

« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2016, 01:51:02 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
Since I saw this point coming up a lot previously, IMO for Philly Bradley makes more sense than Smart.
Rodriguez and Bayless can play PG and Brown has said that he at least intends to test Simmons as PG too.

What is more, Bradley is a finished product whereas Smart is a project; Philly has young projects running out of its ears. IMO they want a player like Bradley to help them do something like 20 wins next season and look more respectable.

« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2016, 01:56:06 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 321
I would trade Bradley or Crowder and at least 1, maybe 2 non Brooklyn 1st round picks. I would also throw in Jerebko, Olynyk, Hunter, or Young if that helps.

« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2016, 01:57:35 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
I would trade Bradley or Crowder and at least 1, maybe 2 non Brooklyn 1st round picks. I would also throw in Jerebko, Olynyk, Hunter, or Young if that helps.
[dang], you really want that guy in green.

« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2016, 01:59:24 PM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
Rozier, Boston '18, Memphis '19.

« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2016, 02:00:07 PM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145

You realize this is Okafor we're talking about, not Lebron James?

« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2016, 03:07:17 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
Zeller

« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2016, 03:11:00 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
TP
This.
I wish we drafted better at 16 and 31 so we could add them to the trade. I would much prefer Wade Baldwin than Yab and Wade would be a good throw in.

The best trade would be:
 Marcus Smart
Okafor

But Philly needs to get it done and everyone is super low on Okafor and how he translates to the current style of NBA play.

If we could trade Rozier, RJ, and etc for Okafor that would be crazy good for us and we could give Marcus more time to develop..

In the end if Okafor comes back and shows an improvement in his jumper and uses his 1 year of NBA experience to play better defense, well then the asking price would go through the roof....especially if he physically matures and becomes more conditioned.

This. Marcus Smart straight up.

Great value for us, parlaying an offensively-impaired 6 into a skilled offensive 3 pick with lots of room to grow.

Offensively impaired, defensively skilled net positive player for an offensively akilled, defensively horrible net negative playe4. Yup that's coach bo for you.

« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2016, 03:17:22 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
TP
This.

The best trade would be:
 Marcus Smart
Okafor

If Okafor comes back and gets injured again or continues to struggle on defense and be a net negative on offense due primarily to the garbage spacing and lineups, or if Okafor comes back and finds himself fighting for minutes because Simmons is a stud and they need Saric and Covingtons shooting, leaving him Embiid and Noel to battle it out for the remaining minutes, then his value will continue to drop.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.