Author Topic: KD was this close to being a Celtic  (Read 3083 times)

KD was this close to being a Celtic
« on: July 19, 2016, 04:03:29 PM »

Offline EvilEmpire

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17

Re: KD was this close to being a Celtic
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2016, 04:05:19 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
Horse shoes.

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2016, 04:19:40 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
Sounds more like KD making a compliment to Brady than anything else

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2016, 04:45:39 PM »

Offline straightouttabahstun

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
  • That's turrible
http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celtics/post/_/id/4723613/is-boston-celtics-next-star-already-on-the-roster

Theres a little bit at the end with Wyc. I know it's Wyc and all, but he said when he was talking to KD, he had asked "In 2 years, when all your young guys are coming up, are you willing to go over luxury tax to resign them?"

I didn't realize he liked our core that much. Dang. We really were close.

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2016, 04:49:59 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1213
http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celtics/post/_/id/4723613/is-boston-celtics-next-star-already-on-the-roster

Theres a little bit at the end with Wyc. I know it's Wyc and all, but he said when he was talking to KD, he had asked "In 2 years, when all your young guys are coming up, are you willing to go over luxury tax to resign them?"

I didn't realize he liked our core that much. Dang. We really were close.

To be fair, that comment may have been more "Are you willing to pay luxury tax instead of trading an upcoming star like OKC did" than "I like all the young guys on your roster"
I'm bitter.

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2016, 05:21:23 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
I think this is all speculation at the end of the day. Durant signed with the Warriors, lets go ahead and move on, and stop trying to act as if he's coming here; he's not. I don't see him leaving a perfect situation for him to win a ring, and just have fun doing it with probably one of the most historically greatest shooting team ever assembled.

But despite all of the backlash with Cbloggers, all the added publicity, and the notice given from an free agent is an added bonus. Free agents are definitely looking at us with an different outlook.

I would actually like for Ainge to try go for Westbrook.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2016, 05:28:09 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 745
This kills me. I think he made the wrong choice. A lineup of Thomas, Bradley, Durant, Crowder, and Horford is going to the Finals. With a second unit of Rozier, Smart, Brown, and Olynyk, that's outstanding. And that's not even taking into account that there would still be trades to be made to consolodate the crop of young guys (Young, Hunter, Jackson, Bentil, Yabu, Zizic).

And we haven't even talked about how the team can add lottery picks for the next two years. That's a Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.ing dynasty!

Bad choice. Have fun winning one championship in GS before Curry's ankles go out again, Green combusts and Klay outgrows being the third option on the team. You gave up 5 championships.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2016, 05:36:14 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
This kills me. I think he made the wrong choice. A lineup of Thomas, Bradley, Durant, Crowder, and Horford is going to the Finals. With a second unit of Rozier, Smart, Brown, and Olynyk, that's outstanding. And that's not even taking into account that there would still be trades to be made to consolodate the crop of young guys (Young, Hunter, Jackson, Bentil, Yabu, Zizic).

And we haven't even talked about how the team can add lottery picks for the next two years. That's a ****ing dynasty!

Bad choice. Have fun winning one championship in GS before Curry's ankles go out again, Green combusts and Klay outgrows being the third option on the team. You gave up 5 championships.

I hear what you are saying but it's over. I am over it. Now he is an enemy just like Lebron & Wade. An enemy and I no longer want the championship chaser. The long-term choice IMO was also Boston but it's done. Now we have to worry about getting a team together that can beat Indiana, Toronto, Detroit and ultimately the Cavs to get to the finals. Still thinking we need another major piece and don't know what or who it will be but hoping it's Cousins at the trade deadline.

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2016, 05:39:07 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Here's to hoping the Spurs or the Cavs beat the Warrior's next year and KD jumps ship to be with his man crush T Brady.

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2016, 06:08:36 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

Here's to hoping the Spurs or the Cavs beat the Warrior's next year and KD jumps ship to be with his man crush T Brady.

I like the first part of the sentence.

You can keep the second part of the sentence along that beta female dog Durant. The guy has no stones.

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2016, 06:12:18 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan

I could NEVER root for the Cavs. Yes on the Spurs or any other team but the Cavs.

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2016, 08:14:00 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 395
Would be great to see GSW end up in a train wreck. Unfortunately, I don't see it as realistic. But yes, that would be a sight to behold. Hopefully the basketball gods aren't pleased with this all this anti-competitiveness.
- LilRip