Author Topic: houston we got a problem  (Read 9918 times)

houston we got a problem
« on: June 26, 2016, 05:09:46 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
looks like yabusele and zizic are unable to play in summer league-contractual stuff

Re: houston we got a problem
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2016, 05:10:50 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
interesting...wonder what the details are

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2016, 05:17:29 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
If you plan on using someone as a draft-and-stash, are you allowed to have them play for your summer league team?  I didn't think you could.

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2016, 05:19:27 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
If you plan on using someone as a draft-and-stash, are you allowed to have them play for your summer league team?  I didn't think you could.

You can.

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2016, 05:19:28 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Also, not sure where else to ask this.   In the case of Yabusele where most projected him in the 2nd round.  Was there some benefit to taking him 16th where his rookie contract will pay him a decent chunk of change.   Will a prospect of his caliber struggle to make that kind of money overseas?    Does that mean that when we are ready to bring him over, we'll have less of a struggle since he'll be itching to come to Boston and get his money?

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2016, 05:23:37 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
Bentil is gonna rule the Summer League anyway.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2016, 05:33:26 PM »

Offline RedClaw33

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 14
Have they released the Summer League Roster yet??

Thinking..

PG Rozier/ Jackson/ The tiny guy we drafted last year?
SG Hunter/Young
SF Brown/Holland/Yaba
PF Mickey/Bentil
C Zizec/Iverson
2016 Draft Board #3 Pick

Bender>Brown>Dunn>Murray>Hield

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2016, 05:37:01 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
Colton iverson did, but maybe it's different cause the new guys are on an existing contract.

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2016, 05:42:26 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
They have contracts already in works. They can't play in summer league without other teams permission

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2016, 05:44:39 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Players drafted who are under contract with another team generally do not play in the summer league, unless they are first bought out of their contract.  This makes sense -- if I'm Zizic' team, why would I let him go play for another professional club for a week, just to have him sent back to me.  If he gets injured, I'm on the hook for his salary the next year.  And all my other players who are good will ask me to loan them to higher divisions.  Without a pretty solid agreement (essentially that the Celtics would buy out the player from his contract if injured, which the C's don't want to do), it just doesn't happen.

Colton Iverson and Marcus Thornton were different.  Neither had signed contracts with foreign clubs.  That happened after the summer league.  The same could happen with Nader, and possibly Bentil, this year.

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2016, 06:50:00 PM »

Offline chiken Green

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 75
Bummer. I was looking forward to seeing the Big Frenchman play..

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2016, 08:39:08 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
Also, not sure where else to ask this.   In the case of Yabusele where most projected him in the 2nd round.  Was there some benefit to taking him 16th where his rookie contract will pay him a decent chunk of change.   Will a prospect of his caliber struggle to make that kind of money overseas?    Does that mean that when we are ready to bring him over, we'll have less of a struggle since he'll be itching to come to Boston and get his money?
Here is a list of the best paid euro players in the last season.

Shved (remember him?) at the very top gets 3,4 mill. But anything above 1mill is considered good money. So yes, a guaranteed 1.5mill contract is nothing to scoff at.

EDIT forgot the link

http://www.talkbasket.net/salaries

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2016, 09:01:46 PM »

Offline The Oracle

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 597
Yabusele and Zizic may very well have been drafted because the C's don't want them here this year.  The Celtic's know all about their contracts and drafted them probably as much because of those contracts as their actual talent.  It may be very hard for them to force the C's to bring them to the NBA this year or even next and that may very well be exactly what the C's want.

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2016, 09:08:23 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065

I think it's the opposite. First rounders are on the rookie scale but you can pay second rounders whatever you want.

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2016, 09:13:40 PM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210

Colton Iverson says hello.