Author Topic: Anyone else tired of the Durant chasing?  (Read 3898 times)

Re: Anyone else tired of the Durant chasing?
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2016, 09:13:27 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
Indeed I am.

I'd hate to see Durant interrupt the thrill of mediocrity in the Garden one season after another.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2016, 09:14:26 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
I'm not saying I'd be upset if we get him.  I'm just tired of the chase right now.  We just drafted.  We have a week until free agency begins.

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2016, 09:20:04 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
I also think this is where this teams fails landing big time players sometimes.  You have to play hard to get a bit.  NOt purposely either. For real. We are the Boston Celtics.  Durant should want to come here without us having to tell him that too much.

Durant himself said he doesnt' want to be courted overly.  This is how I legitamently feel though. I read the media and get caught up in the chase myself when I'd rather just enjoy certain things and let it simmer a bit.

The chase is real.  I don't mind the push and being in it for the long haul but in order to do that it needs to simmer.

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2016, 09:32:41 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
I'll be tired of it in a week or so when he signs somewhere else.  Til then...

« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2016, 09:33:33 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
The 'chase' is mostly in fans' minds. Yes, it is real which was proven by getting a meeting with the C's, but the odds are still really long. Does anyone honestly think KD would leave a WCF team so come play with Isaiah Thomas as the current best player othe team?  Then you have to put the Warriors and Spurs chances ahead of the Celtics for obvious reasons.

If you are caught up in the chase, it is all in your mind. Free yourself of the shackles!  Quit the delusion that "if we just get Jimmy Butler then maybe KD will come here", and other unlikely scenarios.

« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2016, 09:37:04 PM »

Offline Kadin

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 29
The 'chase' is mostly in fans' minds. Yes, it is real which was proven by getting a meeting with the C's, but the odds are still really long. Does anyone honestly think KD would leave a WCF team so come play with Isaiah Thomas as the current best player othe team?  Then you have to put the Warriors and Spurs chances ahead of the Celtics for obvious reasons.

If you are caught up in the chase, it is all in your mind. Free yourself of the shackles!  Quit the delusion that "if we just get Jimmy Butler then maybe KD will come here", and other unlikely scenarios.
Nobody's even talking about Butler. We're talking about Horford, who is also a free agent considering Boston. A free agent who we could very well sign.

If you don't think we have a chance, then fine. But cut the condescending crap. You guys come off as huge Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.s.

« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2016, 09:42:24 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I'll be tired of it in a week or so when he signs somewhere else.  Til then...

Spot on.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2016, 10:02:03 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I am tired of folks acting like we are favorites to sign him with lineups and the like.

« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2016, 10:06:05 PM »

Offline flybono

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
Maybe I'm the only fan who thinks there are other ways to win but I just would rather just enjoy this team as it is.  The grass is always greener mentality is miserable imo.  It would be nice if we got Durant but it's not like he has carried a team to a championship by himself or anything.  There are a lot or overrated superstars in the league too.

What planet are you on?

Elite player who narrowed his choices in free agency to 6 teams and the Celtics are one of them.

He is from the East Coast, he is a superstar. SA, GSW, LAClippers ring a bell in the West, very tough to win the west.

19 24 vs .500 or better clubs in 16. Yeah, let's bring the band back

« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2016, 10:15:41 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Maybe I'm the only fan who thinks there are other ways to win but I just would rather just enjoy this team as it is.  The grass is always greener mentality is miserable imo.  It would be nice if we got Durant but it's not like he has carried a team to a championship by himself or anything.  There are a lot or overrated superstars in the league too.
This is the closest we've come to signing a legitimate superstar since... well...  ever... It's never happened.   We spent roughly two decades over the cap.  We haven't had significant cap space in the modern era.  We never had even an opportunity.  And we supposedly are one of 6 teams to be invited to pitch to Durant.  That's huge.  That's like mega super huge.  And we'll know his decision within a couple weeks.   

This is the closest we've come to signing a superstar since... I guess, 1994?  Back in 1994, Jordan was retired and Celtics GM, ML Carr, wanted to pair Jordan with Dominique Wilkins.

Carr apparently asked Bulls vice president Jerry Krause for permission to speak to Jordan and was willing to give up a first-round draft choice to do so.   I think that's as far as it got.

So at least here we're actually going to have a chance to speak to the Superstar.

« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2016, 10:19:21 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
Eh, after the draft and the uneventfulness I would rather frolic in DURANT TO BOSTON delusia. I know there is a very slim chance he signs here. But it's fun thinking he might...Because...well he could

« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2016, 10:30:52 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
I am tired of folks acting like we are favorites to sign him with lineups and the like.
^this

would be a fantastic addition, that would make the next season exciting. But I do not believe it is happening, until I see it happen.

« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2016, 12:11:14 PM »

Offline MikeB12

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 28
I can't believe the Cs will get Durant.  The Cs don't have enough talent to lure him to Boston.   This is just a pipe dream....

MikeB

« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2016, 12:16:29 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

Who said they are the favorites?

« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2016, 12:19:36 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
I also think this is where this teams fails landing big time players sometimes.  You have to play hard to get a bit.  NOt purposely either. For real. We are the Boston Celtics.  Durant should want to come here without us having to tell him that too much.

lol, so KD should also just be falling over himself to play for the Lakers, I guess.