Poll

Which is the better player in your opinion

Demetrius Jackson
13 (31%)
Terry Rozier
29 (69%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Author Topic: Jackson or Rozier  (Read 9059 times)

Re: Jackson or Rozier
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2016, 03:27:28 PM »

Offline bogg

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 51
I don't see how we can keep four point guards on the roster, even if we dump Young, given our need for bigs and hope to improve through free agency.

Smart's pretty much a shooting guard at this point, and Rozier has a 6'8"+ wingspan and so can defend shooting guards (especially backups) for stretches if necessary. They'd have three point guards on the roster, one of which can defend down a position, so they'd be more or less fine.

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2016, 03:37:00 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Rozier has more length but Jackson is just as good of an athlete if not better (jaw dropping 43.5 max vert). Jackson has NBA Skills right now .  PNR, Jump Shot,  Finish through contact (a thing of beauty).   Passing out of PNR.  Very tough defender

Rozier has potential also, hard nosed , incredible wingspan for height. But he has a shaky game.  The way he handles the ball ,  shooting consistency,  PNR passing,  does not pass ever in transition play and wants to score for himself.   Lots of wrinkles to iron

And ppl who say he was better statistically than Jackson at the college level. Well his FG percentage was horrendous (low 40 percent).  He took many shots he shouldn't have .   Jackson on the other hand shot 50 percent in year 2 and 46 percent in year 3.   38 percent 3 pt shooter. 

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2016, 05:00:28 PM »

Offline bogg

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 51
Rozier has more length but Jackson is just as good of an athlete if not better (jaw dropping 43.5 max vert). Jackson has NBA Skills right now .  PNR, Jump Shot,  Finish through contact (a thing of beauty).   Passing out of PNR.  Very tough defender

I brought up Rozier's length in response to the idea that Boston would have far too many point guards on the roster if they kept both - you could reasonably play the two of them together against bench units without much trouble, and you'd only have three point guards anyway, so I don't think it would be a big problem.

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2016, 05:24:54 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
and why?  Personally, I'd go with Jackson.  How he slipped to us at 45 is simply mind boggling, to me, and with Bentil at 51, Ainge arguably got better players at those spots than with any of our first five picks - ugh.

Anyway, neither guy is going to see the floor at all this year, imo, but I like Jackson more because he's a much better shooter than Terry who can also play off of the ball, as he did in his sophomore campaign when he played in the backcourt with Jerian Grant, and he's a much better passer who is more of a scoring point guard than a combo guard learning how to play as a point like Rozier, imo.

And yes, I'm giving major props to Ainge for both Jackson and Bentil (assuming, of course, that he's the one who made those selections), even though that hardly makes up for the other picks, imo, but still - way to go! :) I'm not being sarcastic, btw.
Who do you think will be our fourth guard this year? Do you think Turner will come back.

My opinion is that one of Jackson, Rozier, or Hunter will end up as the 4th guard. Eventually we have to give our young guys a chance to play and unless Rozier gets beat out in camp I think the job will be his.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2016, 05:27:50 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Rozier, because I've already seen him do things in the NBA. However, I'm thrilled with Jackson at #45 and can't wait for summer league.

This

« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2016, 05:32:53 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Rozier = better athlete, better defender & rebounder, better driver, better scorer.

The first one, I would probably agree? Jackson has an extremely high vertical.. I remember reading it was 42, 43, or 41.5 lol. But anything over 38+ is taking flight in my eyes.

I don't know if Rozier is the better player though. Yes he has proven in the playoffs that he isn't some scrub, but... Jackson has probably been on my bucket list for a long time.

I'm trying to tell people here, if Stevens honestly gives this guy the go ahead minutes... Jackson will not disappoint. He is a bonafide leader, true point guard, scoring, better shooter, and willing to put his body on the line.

I like Rozier, but he doesn't really scream PG to me. He seems like a mix of AB and Wade. The chance of becoming a great two way player.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2016, 08:54:29 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Rozier = better athlete, better defender & rebounder, better driver, better scorer.

The first one, I would probably agree? Jackson has an extremely high vertical.. I remember reading it was 42, 43, or 41.5 lol. But anything over 38+ is taking flight in my eyes.

I don't know if Rozier is the better player though. Yes he has proven in the playoffs that he isn't some scrub, but... Jackson has probably been on my bucket list for a long time.

I'm trying to tell people here, if Stevens honestly gives this guy the go ahead minutes... Jackson will not disappoint. He is a bonafide leader, true point guard, scoring, better shooter, and willing to put his body on the line.

I like Rozier, but he doesn't really scream PG to me. He seems like a mix of AB and Wade. The chance of becoming a great two way player.

Rozier inefficiency is troublesome

and he looked inefficient last season when he got mins.  He was streaky.  Made some open jump shots. Missed several others.

I thought he was like a Westbrook in that he can drive and finish.  NO WAY .  Maybe at the college level or a dummy team letting him have the open lane. But against traffic/big players,  he looked "stumped"

Jackson like I said is able to finish through contact or just dunk over you.  He has sick vertical leap

Jackson dunk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cg7I5lMZWls

« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2016, 09:51:49 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
It's going to be a real show down

These two will be play n crazy hard in summer league .

Should be wild

« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2016, 10:46:43 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
Too early to say, but IMO Rozier is the favourite since he has already been a year with the team, and made improvement towards the end of the season.

« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2016, 10:46:51 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2237
and why?  Personally, I'd go with Jackson.  How he slipped to us at 45 is simply mind boggling, to me, and with Bentil at 51, Ainge arguably got better players at those spots than with any of our first five picks - ugh.

Anyway, neither guy is going to see the floor at all this year, imo, but I like Jackson more because he's a much better shooter than Terry who can also play off of the ball, as he did in his sophomore campaign when he played in the backcourt with Jerian Grant, and he's a much better passer who is more of a scoring point guard than a combo guard learning how to play as a point like Rozier, imo.

And yes, I'm giving major props to Ainge for both Jackson and Bentil (assuming, of course, that he's the one who made those selections), even though that hardly makes up for the other picks, imo, but still - way to go! :) I'm not being sarcastic, btw.

Tp to the OP....excellent post.

Jackson and Bentil are first-rounders in my eyes.

Jackson looks a little like IT with more athleticism.

Bentil will score.

« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2016, 11:05:27 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Danny said well love rozier :D

« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2016, 11:08:41 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
To be completely honest, I don't want to choose - I want both.

I think Jackson and Rozier both have a higher upside then Marcus Smart, and I see a Jackson/Rozier backcourt being more dangerous then any backcourt with Smart in it.

That's no disrespect to Smart - love the kid.  Just that I really like Jackson and Rozier - they are both explosive athletes who can handle the ball, score, pass, shoot, and get to the basket...and they are both tough kids who play with a lot of passion. 

I'm trying to imagine Jackson, Rozier and Brown coming off the bench this year as our backups at the PG / SG / SF spot.  That could the most athletic bench in the entire NBA.

« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2016, 11:17:18 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875

Rozier inefficiency is troublesome

and he looked inefficient last season when he got mins.  He was streaky.  Made some open jump shots. Missed several others.

I thought he was like a Westbrook in that he can drive and finish.  NO WAY .  Maybe at the college level or a dummy team letting him have the open lane. But against traffic/big players,  he looked "stumped"

Jackson like I said is able to finish through contact or just dunk over you.  He has sick vertical leap

Jackson dunk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cg7I5lMZWls

Rozier's vertical measured at 38" at the combine last year - that kid can really get up.  I remember reading that his athletic measurements in the combine were right up there with some of the best recorded in the history of the combine.

He is a REALLY impressive athlete.  Not going to say he's a better athlete then Jackson, because Jackson looks like an athetic freak (43.5" max vertical is insane). 

Honestly, I think that as all round athletes the two are about on par.

As for Rozier scoring inefficiently last year - you need to realise that Rozier barely played last year and really had no chance to get comfortable.  It wasn't until about 2 weeks before the playoffs that he actually started to get some consistent minutes.  Despite this he STILL mad a real impact for us int he playoffs, which is mighty impressive.

Rozier has a ton of potential - can score in so many ways, is one of the best rebounding guards I've seen, and his defence is just as impressive as his offence. 

Jackson makes more sense as a pure PG since he has the handle and the passing instincts, and can score too.  Rozier makes more sense at the 2 spot I think, however he can play the PG spot as well.

I really like them both, dying to see what they can do in summer league. 

« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2016, 12:00:49 AM »

Offline chiken Green

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 75
Holy Cow.. Throwing dirt on Rozier because of how he played as a Rookie?  And someone even said he was not Westbrook-ish... As a dang on Rookie.. what in the heck is wrong with some guys..   It's the NBA guys not the WMCA... 

As for the Question, I am not sure how we can honestly answer it without seeing how Jackson looks with the Scrap minutes he would be given..

Gotta Go with Rozier just because He did produce..  He didn't look like Westbrook but he didn't look like Young either..

« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2016, 12:11:05 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
You need to add another voting option:

Who the hell knows? It is too early to tell.

;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva