Author Topic: Rumor: Celtics love Bender  (Read 17005 times)

Re: Rumor: Celtics love Bender
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2016, 01:03:30 PM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
Is a young Pau Gasol comp fair?  If so, we are in business!

http://www.nba.com/draft2001/playerfiles/pau_gasol.html?nav=ArticleList

"Height:
7-0 (215 cm)
Weight:
227 (103 kg)

According to telebasket.com, he is an excellent ballhandler and passer, who can put the ball on the floor and run the court.
Despite his height, he moves around the court like a small forward and has the passing and shooting abilities for that position.

Delivered a breakthrough season in 2000-01 as a 20-year-old playing for F.C. Barcelona.
Played in 29 of team's first 33 games, averaging 11.3 points and 5.2 rebounds in 23.8 minutes.

As a 19-year-old, averaged 4.2 points and 2.6 rebounds in 14.8 minutes.
Showed perimeter game, hitting six three-point field goals.

As an 18-year, saw action in two games, playing 11 total minutes.
Scored six points and grabbed two rebounds, making one three-pointer.
Made his debut on January 17, 1999, against Caceres."

« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2016, 01:04:42 PM »

Offline JohnBoy65

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 132

Don't make this mistake Danny. Bender is not what u want

Don't worry.  Boston loves him ? Lol

Until I see it reading Danny and or CBS loves him, I don't believe it.   Who is this source anyways?? 

Come on eddie20. Nice try

Try google, boy.

And?? Still who is this source?  Is he credible like woj

Give it up

David Pick is a very reliable European basketball analyst/scout.

And ok... Danny told him directly loves bender?? And McDonoug told him the same??

Um. Do you know how sources and rumors work? Of course these two GM's didn't tell him themselves this info. That's why it's called a rumor and a source.

« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2016, 01:06:29 PM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green
This is why I didn't want the 3rd pick in this draft. God sake not Bender... I hope Lakers or 76ers do something wild and draft someone nobody expected.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmIURIqjDmY

So frustrating we can't embed videos anymore
I just posted this in the other thread, but it pretty much sums up my thoughts on the video you just linked ;)!
I honestly wish that these Porzingis comparisons would stop. Porzingis actually played many games for Sevilla in one of the toughest leagues in Europe where he showed a lot of promise IMO. He even put up good numbers against two of the biggest teams in Europe in Real Madrid and Barcelona (17pts, 8reb in 24 min against Real and 18pts, 5reb in 22 min against Barca). Bender has done nothing comparable to the aforementioned. The guy only managed to log 13,5 min per game in a bad league.
Jack of all trades, master of none.

« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2016, 01:30:46 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324

Until I see it reading Danny and or CBS loves him, I don't believe it.   Who is this source anyways?? 

Try google, boy.

Give it up

And ok... Danny told him directly loves bender?? And McDonoug told him the same??

Um. Do you know how sources and rumors work? Of course these two GM's didn't tell him themselves this info. That's why it's called a rumor and a source.

Yeah. It might have been a scout or maybe information relayed from Boston/Phoenix to Maccabi, that Pick was able to obtain.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2016, 01:40:05 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2975
He is years away , IF he amounts to more than a bench player ......development too far off .

« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2016, 01:43:16 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Tommy Heinsohn
  • Tommy Points: 2721
There were similar rumors that Ainge loved Marcus Smart before that draft too, so not every rumor is a smokescreen. If the Celtics scouted him out well, and legitimately love him, then I fully trust them and would be excited to get such a high upside, young big man.

Ainge also loved Porzingis before he pulled out of the draft he first time, when we took James Young instead. That was before Porzingis played much, returning for a year really helped Porzingis' stock and put him out of our reach, but Ainge was correct in his assessment of Porzingis very early on.

« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2016, 01:45:12 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Try google, boy.

Give it up

Well there you go. Just a rumor that's it. 

« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2016, 01:49:20 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
There were similar rumors that Ainge loved Marcus Smart before that draft too, so not every rumor is a smokescreen. If the Celtics scouted him out well, and legitimately love him, then I fully trust them and would be excited to get such a high upside, young big man.

Ainge also loved Porzingis before he pulled out of the draft he first time, when we took James Young instead. That was before Porzingis played much, returning for a year really helped Porzingis' stock and put him out of our reach, but Ainge was correct in his assessment of Porzingis very early on.

I think Ainge was the source of the Marcus Smart rumors.  There was a video of him at Smart's workout session where he literally couldn't contain himself.

That said, I'm confident he Celtics will have scouted Bender very heavily, and know much more of him than any poster here, or even most draft websites.  Bender is someone who NBA teams have known about for a few years.  With as many picks as the team has, I'm sure they've been watching.

« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2016, 01:50:36 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
we've got enough picks that Danny should swing for the fences with the 3rd.

honestly, we've got like 15% of the entire draft on lock..

That's a lot of bullets when you really only a need a starting big and another 3/D shooter...

It's also a lot for 15 spot roster  ;D

« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2016, 02:06:59 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

Try google, boy.

Give it up

Well there you go. Just a rumor that's it.

Nobody said otherwise. You didn't know who David Pick was so many people were quick to inform you. Now you're changing the nature of the discussion, as you often do, when you opine without much knowledge to support it.

« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2016, 02:07:42 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421
we've got enough picks that Danny should swing for the fences with the 3rd.

honestly, we've got like 15% of the entire draft on lock..

That's a lot of bullets when you really only a need a starting big and another 3/D shooter...

I agree take Bender at #3 then try to consolidate the rest of the picks into 2 players.

Would like to see

1 center Poeltl, Zizic, Zubac or Onuaku

1 wing (either 2/3 or 3/4) Luwawu, Valentine, Prince, Hernangomez, Bembry

Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2016, 02:09:36 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
The fact that we now love him and that, oh so coincidentally PHO loves him too, makes a point I just offered in a new thread.

We want bidding wars and if PHO loves Bender, we have every incentive to let leak that we like him too.

Then, they have an incentive to offer us a nice package to move up to #3.

If they are really a fan, something like #4 and #13 for #3 and #35 would work. If less desperate, then for #3 and #23.

I think this smacks of gamesmanship by Danny.

« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2016, 02:10:19 PM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349
Let the trade posturing begin...

I'd be happy with Bender at #3.

« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2016, 02:12:58 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
The fact that we now love him and that, oh so coincidentally PHO loves him too, makes a point I just offered in a new thread.

I don't think the timeline is correct. Given Pick's location I strongly doubt he was given that information after the lottery. Instead, I think he was told that both teams (Celtics and Suns) like him when they scouted him and he relayed the information after the lottery was held since in all likelihood one of those teams will get him. This doesn't mean that the C's and Suns are the only teams the think highly of him, but rather the teams that are in the best draft position to select him.

« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2016, 02:15:27 PM »

Offline Chief Macho

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
I admit to knowing nothing about this draft other than the top 2 so Bender is fine to me.  I just don't see how he helps the core of this team the next few season while we still have Bradley, Thomas and Crowder.   Those dudes will be going elsewhere when their cheap deals are up.