Author Topic: Timothe Luwawu  (Read 4851 times)

Timothe Luwawu
« on: April 14, 2016, 05:52:37 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Draft Express has him going 12th currently. Seems like he could be very special.  6'7", long reach, fast, quick, good shooter, can drive either way and finish with either hand.   Could see him climbing up the draft board after work outs, based on his athleticism.  Seems more skilled than Brown, and slightly bigger, but not as much a bruiser. Frankly I would not mind drafting both of them. I think the NBA is trending toward rosters with multiple players having this size, athleticism, skill set. 

Apologies if there was already another thread started about him earlier. Seem to recall there was a month or so ago.  He really intrigues me. Givony seems to really like him, and I have great respect for his views, especially of foreign players.

Re: Timothe Luwawu
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2016, 05:59:57 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
He's a stud. I'd love to trade up (Dallas and Celtics pick) to take him
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2016, 06:08:01 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
He's a stud. I'd love to trade up (Dallas and Celtics pick) to take him

Would that get it done?  Cool thing is that we have so many draft picks, we could throw in the Philly or Minny 2nd round pick as an added sweetner if necessary.

But I fear this kid will climb into the top 8-10, and even that may not be enough to grab him.

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2016, 06:15:41 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421
The more I watch and read on him he passes the eye test for a player who could claim. Great positional size and length, projects as a + defender, good athlete, and can shoot.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2016, 06:23:00 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
Bad news guys, Nuggets are big on him and they have pick nr 7

https://hoopshabit.com/2016/04/11/denver-nuggets-nba-draft-prospects-target/

EDIT: I made the classic mistake; Nugs are 7th from bottom, they do not have pick nr 7.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 07:01:09 PM by greece666 »

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2016, 06:27:09 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
Coolest thing about him is the team he's on and the role he's playing on that team.  The Mega Leks are a team of all young prospects that play in the Adriatic League (aka the Eastern European league) and they're beating the teams of "adults" in regular play.  They're not the best team, but they're up there and Luwawu is their best guy.  They're playing way better than they should be and he is their leader, even though he's like 19 and most of the other guys are like 22-25 on his team.  They have a coaching staff that is geared towards development, as well.

Huge prospect, I really hope we grab him, but Danny seems to be allergic to interesting prospects like this.  If we got him and Simmons I would loseeeee itttt

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2016, 06:38:04 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis

Well here's the good news: We will pick higher than the Nuggets unless they get top 3, which is doubtful. If we love him a lot, we can take him with that pick. If the Nuggets land top 3, who's to say they would not pick another player anyway.

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2016, 07:03:06 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville

Well here's the good news: We will pick higher than the Nuggets unless they get top 3, which is doubtful. If we love him a lot, we can take him with that pick. If the Nuggets land top 3, who's to say they would not pick another player anyway.

I don't think Luwawu is worth a top 3 or even a top 5 pick. I see him as a player in the 8-15 range. Then again, he might climb up as the draft approaches and he becomes better known (like Porzingis last year).

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2016, 07:36:04 PM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
Coolest thing about him is the team he's on and the role he's playing on that team.  The Mega Leks are a team of all young prospects that play in the Adriatic League (aka the Eastern European league) and they're beating the teams of "adults" in regular play.  They're not the best team, but they're up there and Luwawu is their best guy.  They're playing way better than they should be and he is their leader, even though he's like 19 and most of the other guys are like 22-25 on his team.  They have a coaching staff that is geared towards development, as well.

Huge prospect, I really hope we grab him, but Danny seems to be allergic to interesting prospects like this.  If we got him and Simmons I would loseeeee itttt

Wow...he looks a lot better than I thought.

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2016, 12:14:04 AM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
I don't know what to think of Luwawu. Tons of potential, great tools, but his stats aren't great. Reminds me a lot of Hezonja-- great athlete, good shooter, limited ability to create offense. He's a better defender and a worse shooter than Mario was.

I don't put him in the same tier with Bender/Poeltl/Murray/Brown/Dunn, but at 8-10 he could be a good pick. Easy to see him carving out a niche as a 3&D guy, and he's got a sliver of star potential with his athleticism.

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2016, 12:33:04 AM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Stats amd measurements are pretty good for Luwawu:
6'7 with 7'2 wingspan.

Averaged over 16ppg and 42% from 3point.
Sample size only 12 games.  But seems like he's a shooter.  He plays above the rim as well.

Draftexpress profile:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msd4OQimjDI&ebc=ANyPxKoXg07cdgdF7dib-tLLqJhUHvYuL3t1GNoVwG5askpzMbBjFWawpoNy2IA9M5XFbuNngGtl8RQD-7lYJeRysxqta8ONkg

Wow NBAdraftnet mocks him at pick #33.
http://www.nbadraft.net/2016mock_draft

I would definitely take a shot at him in the 2nd round if he lasts that long!

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2016, 12:43:57 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I like Luwawu, but if he goes before the 16th pick he will push another quality player too us. THe more players that are in play before we pick, the better.

Does anyone know if he plans on coming over right away or if he's going to be a draft and stash.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2016, 12:46:25 AM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
I don't see stud or star written on him either. He isn't paul george.  He looks like a good shooter and slasher though and can finish  at the rim.  I'm not seeing the explosion though.   He looks like a slower buddy hield without the ridiculous shooting ability.  Good mix of tools though. I more see him as a guy who doesn't do anything that stands out to me though.  He looks fairly polished and like a two trick pony with his shooting and slashing ability.  He is 6'7" but guys like George and Kawii Leonard did things that really jumped off the screen.  Maybe it's those silly uniforms because he has some nice dunks that's all i'm really seeing. He looks lanky.  Not my kind of prospect.

He looks very average to me.  Maybe Kendall Gill if he's lucky.

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2016, 12:07:11 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
He is like a iman shumpert prior to injuries.   Doubt he will fill out his frame enough to be able to play sf in the NBA

Feel for game is avg to maybe a smidge above avg.   Makes too many mistakes still.  Also can't finish through contact due to lack of strength

Exciting looking prospect nonetheless.  He looks like he can really fly plus hangtime. Top athlete

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2016, 12:18:34 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
in this draft, i hope ainge swings for the fences and gambles big on every pick aside from the brooklyn pick.

if ainge can trade up for luwawu, i hope he does. i think luwawu will be a very effective player for CBS.

with their own pick, i hope ainge picks zizic. high risk, big payoff sort of player.

if hernangomez is still around at 31, ainge should smile and select him.

35? easy, thon maker should be the choice.

i hope ainge rolls the dice this draft.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva