Author Topic: Magic (29-40) at Celtics (40-30) Game #71 3/21/16  (Read 24961 times)

Re: Magic (29-40) at Celtics (40-30) Game #71 3/21/16
« Reply #225 on: March 21, 2016, 09:51:57 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Zeller didn't play a minute, with KO get into game shape. A double win.
People will forget in a week or two and start calling for Zeller to get minutes. He will have one passable game and people will clamor to move him up in the rotation.

These things are predictable.
Uh, when have we ever called for Zeller to get more minutes? If anything, it's been a call to get Mickey more minutes.
You must only be reading posts you agree with.

Every player on the bench has had posts saying they need more minutes. Including Zeller. Especially when Zeller had like 2 decent games in a row earlier in the season.

« Reply #226 on: March 21, 2016, 09:54:02 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2932
Man, Smart is having a really bad stretch from beyond the arc. It looks to be in his head at this point. But he's been aggressive in attacking the basket, which is good.
That's just who he is. Not good from deep. Sometimes they fall, sometimes they don't. But overall, not good.
No, he's not as bad as he's been the last several games, which is 4-25 in his last five games. He needs to slow down, stop shooting five threes a game, and only take them when they come to him (mostly from inside-out possessions). But this is what having him off of the ball is forcing him to be offensively.
That is how shooting works. You aren't as good as your best games, aren't as bad as your worst games. That is why you need large sample sizes. Slowing down won't change that. He just is not good from deep. His good games from deep are fool's gold.

Your reasoning makes no sense. You can't say that his good games from deep are fool's gold without also saying that his games going 0-5 are also not totally representative, which is what I've been saying. Are you legitimately saying that he's a 4-25 (16%) three point shooter? If not, then what are you arguing against? I said he's having a pretty bad stretch in three point shooting the last five games or so, which is true when he's shooting 16% over that time period. What is so controversial about that??

« Reply #227 on: March 21, 2016, 09:56:02 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2932
These were two good wins in a row to get us back on track. We REALLY need to beat Toronto on Wednesday, and I think we're primed to do it at home.
let's be honest, these were 2 games we should have won.  The Toronto game won't be an easy one to win.

Without Crowder and the way that we've been playing lately, no games are gimme games. Toronto won't be an easy win, but I think we can definitely do it.

« Reply #228 on: March 21, 2016, 10:00:45 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Rozier was great tonight. His defense is really stepping into NBA territory.
Once he passes that test, Brad will let him run wild in the pick and roll and I think we might just have ourselves another go to scorer.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #229 on: March 21, 2016, 10:01:00 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
It will be an up hill battle , but the Raptor game is winnable.  Celtics need to be on top of their game

Odds are slightly better if Crowder plays.

« Reply #230 on: March 21, 2016, 10:47:22 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
Zeller didn't play a minute, with KO get into game shape. A double win.
People will forget in a week or two and start calling for Zeller to get minutes. He will have one passable game and people will clamor to move him up in the rotation.

These things are predictable.
Uh, when have we ever called for Zeller to get more minutes? If anything, it's been a call to get Mickey more minutes.
You must only be reading posts you agree with.

Every player on the bench has had posts saying they need more minutes. Including Zeller. Especially when Zeller had like 2 decent games in a row earlier in the season.

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=83393.0
http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=83330.0
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #231 on: March 21, 2016, 10:47:28 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
These were two good wins in a row to get us back on track. We REALLY need to beat Toronto on Wednesday, and I think we're primed to do it at home.
let's be honest, these were 2 games we should have won.  The Toronto game won't be an easy one to win.

Without Crowder and the way that we've been playing lately, no games are gimme games. Toronto won't be an easy win, but I think we can definitely do it.
sorry, Philly should always be a gimme game.  the only player on Philly that night that should have been on an NBA court is Noel. 
Orlando has stunk the second half of the season.

We should beat both with or without Crowder. 

Toronto is a lot better than either Philly or Orlando (obviously).  when I looked at the schedule several weeks ago, I didn't expect a win and that was prior to Crowder being out.  Now, I'm really not expecting a positive outcome.  I'd love one, but don't expect it.

« Reply #232 on: March 21, 2016, 10:50:33 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
on a side note,
on the CSN broadcast, when they go to Kyle Draper in the studio, is it just me or does anyone else have Eric Cartman yelling "Kyle!" in their heads?

« Reply #233 on: March 21, 2016, 10:58:00 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
Marcus is rushing his shot. He really needs to stop taking the threes unless they're of the inside-out variety where he has time to shoot it smoothly.
He just has a bad shot.

A lot of times it's rushed and/or out of rhythm.  You can pretty much predict when he's going to miss from 3.

Yeah you can predict it alright. When he shoots a three he's going to miss!

« Reply #234 on: March 21, 2016, 11:54:04 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Missed the game, but looks like Kelly went nuts tonight. Glad to have him back. We aren't dead yet.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC