Author Topic: 3 very likely "draft and stash" bigs  (Read 9396 times)

Re: 3 very likely "draft and stash" bigs
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2016, 12:14:46 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421
I normally hate the idea of a gimmick type "plan" but im kind falling for the idea of a 3 pick run on draft and stash big men. Especially if the Cs do not draft Bender, Poeltl or Ellenson with the Nets pick.

Lets say the Nets pick ends up being 5 and Simmons, Ingram, Bender and Poeltl are off the board. Then the Cs draft Brown. Per the DX mock they would then be able to take Stone at #16. After that spending #23, #31 and #35 on three draft and stash euro big man might work out well. The Cs would have 1-2 years to see if stone is a keeper and then starting bringing in the Stash guys in the hope of landing a long term starting center or great trade bait.

Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2016, 12:22:24 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
Has anybody seen this guy play?

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Georgios-Papagiannis-42344/

Another long shot guy.  I'm really warming up to the draft them all strategy.  Late first/2nd round picks don't pan out with any regularity, but every year there's a few guys who surprise.  Draft and stash a bunch of these guys and odds get a lot better that there's one gem.

« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2016, 02:01:26 PM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
I like papagiannis better.. and he is playing for a super top euroclub.... only 18... too strong too tall very nice player

« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2016, 02:27:08 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja

where is greek666 when you need him?  ;D

g666, what do you know about this guy?
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2016, 03:12:04 PM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
I m greek too... and he is getting serious minutes in domestic championship...playing at a high level for a much better team than porzingis did... but is a pure center.. finishes better around the rim, rebounds well and blocks a lot.....and is quite strong physically...

« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2016, 03:22:27 PM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
Watch a video papagiannis mixtape 2016... i repeat he is a 18

« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2016, 04:49:20 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville

where is greek666 when you need him?  ;D

g666, what do you know about this guy?

Not much... He started playing for Greece's top category at 15 with Peristeri which is quite impressive. As it usually happens in Europe, as soon as a new talent was spotted, he moved to a big team (Panathinaikos); allowing for big teams to steal all the talents is one of the reasons I gave up watching European basketball...

Anyway, back to Papagiannis, he is huge (7'2 and 125 kgs) and super young (18). But other than being a great young body he is still unpolished offensively and defensively.

I also do not think that playing for Panathinaikos will help him much. The kid needs lots of playing time to polish his moves around the rim and learn to fight against other big bodies- and he will hardly get this opportunity in Panathinaikos: the team's culture is all about winning.

tl;dr high ceiling that could as easily turn out to be a bust.

Charalampopoulos who also plays for Panathinaikos is a more interesting case. High bball IQ, nice technique, good instincts, at 19 yo he already looks like a mature player. But he lacks athleticism and frame; I would probably pass on both tbh

(If we could put Charalampopoulos brain inside Papagiannis body then we would be talking)

« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2016, 06:37:49 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
One correction: I wrote the post rather hastily as the game against Memphis was about to start.

If we are talking about second rounders (preferably late second) Papagiannis is a risky but interesting choice- and at any rate in the second round  all choices are risky  ;D

but at this stage I'm p convinced DA prefers American players.