Author Topic: Cavs, Knicks ,C's blockbuster in the works?(NY Daily News)  (Read 37186 times)

Re: Cavs, Knicks ,C's blockbuster in the works?(NY Daily News)
« Reply #135 on: February 13, 2016, 11:47:03 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
Another source

https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status/698333572747231232

If Brooklyn pick + Lee is enough to get us Love,

DO IT DO IT DO IT

And yes, we can then add Horford too in the summer (as JPotter33 suggested) or another quality free agent, and with Melo at Cavs  ;D, Eastern Conference Championship 2017 here we come.

« Reply #136 on: February 13, 2016, 12:11:24 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Haven't read entire thread, but Melo is slightly delusional IF he still believes that NY can win a title in the near future with him there.

They need another piece (or two).

He needs to go ahead and agree to be traded if he TRULY intends on winning a banner.

« Reply #137 on: February 13, 2016, 12:32:23 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
We need Kevin Love.  After that top tier of players that we aren't getting there's Kevin Love.  He isn't Kevin Garnett top 25 all time good.  He's probably not even top 75 Howard good, but he's under that 27 year old threshhold and in that tier of players that can truly make a difference on this team. He's better than Horford. He's better than Howard who is declining at this point and truly isn't the same player. Cleveland getting Anthony and Lebron would be scary, but we'd have Love and our guy to build with.   I wouldn't give up much more than what is being bantied about though.  As it stands we are on that fringe and need a player like this.  There just is no one else.  Horford isn't going to make that impact here.   Neither is a young Ben Simmons who we probably aren't getting anyways.  Those are really our options.   Love is really the only guy who can get in that top 50 all time players tier and attract maybe someone else.

« Reply #138 on: February 13, 2016, 12:42:02 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #139 on: February 13, 2016, 12:49:40 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Carmelo shot this down, and said he isn't going anywhere.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/14770510/carmelo-anthony-new-york-knicks-dismisses-trade-rumors-says-not-going-anywhere

eh , i think he would waive it to go to cle .

He would never have another shot to join a legit contender if he doessn't

I don't care if it makes the cavs better , as long as the c's land love without giving up more than 1 brk pick .

« Reply #140 on: February 13, 2016, 12:51:02 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
There is not enough ball to go around for LeBron, Melo, and Kyrie.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #141 on: February 13, 2016, 12:51:54 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
There is not enough ball to go around for LeBron, Melo, and Kyrie.

good let it be their problem , and we'll snag Love and stick him in stevens' system  :laugh:

« Reply #142 on: February 13, 2016, 12:54:27 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Melo killing the deal would be telling. Could have been a contender in Chicago and again in Cleveland. The guy just doesn't care about winning.

« Reply #143 on: February 13, 2016, 12:56:27 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
He's either going to play for the knicks or join a guy like Lebron.  I think he's just being Melo there anyways and just shooting it down like he would.  Melo and Lebron works though. Melo isn't coming to Boston like ever. I just don't see it.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 01:09:03 PM by walker834 »

« Reply #144 on: February 13, 2016, 12:58:47 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Melo killing the deal would be telling. Could have been a contender in Chicago and again in Cleveland. The guy just doesn't care about winning.

So... he refuses to be traded, he doesn't care about winning. He accepts the trade, he's a traitor... because that's how he'll be seen in NY.

Fan bases sometimes confuse me.

Not sometimes, always.

« Reply #145 on: February 13, 2016, 12:59:44 PM »

Offline greenrunsdeep41

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 152
Im curious- Where would you put Love in our current lineup? Sully has been playing center and i think we can all agree that Love is not going to be at the 5 in anything but a small ball lineup. Does Love fit next to Amir? Im not sure he does. Maybe a Love/Kelly pairing would be in order? But then do we insert Zeller into the starting lineup as the 5? Maybe a Love/Zeller starting group with Amir/Kelly off the bench?
2019 Historical Draft - Golden State

C - Bill Russell/Joel Embiid
PF - Giannis Antetokounmpo/Tommy Heinsohn
SF - Kevin Durant/Billy Cunningham
SG - Bruce Bowen/David Thompson
PG - Isiah Thomas/James Harden

« Reply #146 on: February 13, 2016, 01:00:25 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
Chris Haynes: LeBron James was asked about the Kevin Love rumor to Boston. “It’s false.”
– via Twitter ChrisBHaynes

ha Lebron the backstabber at it again . Love will be in green soon if it doesn't cost to much :P

« Reply #147 on: February 13, 2016, 01:00:32 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448

So... he refuses to be traded, he doesn't care about winning. He accepts the trade, he's a traitor... because that's how he'll be seen in NY.

Not sometimes, always.

Plus half the people, or even more, would do the old "oh man he had to team up with X to get a ring!".  I'm tired of that crap.  Haters will find a way.

If he wants to stay in NY and hopes to build a good team, fine.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #148 on: February 13, 2016, 01:04:55 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289

Not sometimes, always.
No its worse and even more confusing than that. Because if he nixes deal and you feel as a NYK fan you should be rebuilding around Porzingis he just screwed your rebuild. He only loses value the longer his there.

« Reply #149 on: February 13, 2016, 01:05:42 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Well let's make a giant leap and assume that Boston and the cavs are actually talking to each other about Kevin Love. 

It doesn't benefit the cavs to take that draft pick.  The cavs will want established talent.  Boston will need to find a 3rd team.   Melo makes a lot of sense, but if he is off the table who else might they find?

My wild guess is that if a deal goes down, you could see the cavs get Avery Bradley from Boston as well as another player via a 3rd team.  Bradley would be a great fit for what the cavs need.