Author Topic: That Rondo Thread  (Read 43091 times)

Re: Bring Rondo Back!!!
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2015, 12:17:12 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
You guys are terrible fans, you wanted Rondo gone for so long and finally got your wish. He's going to prove you guys wrong and have a great year.

Also the "he will be in China next year" comment are silly. I live in China now and Rondo would be a terrible fit for a CBA team. The Chinese players can't really play they just pass it to the foreigner and hope he can score 50 a game. Rondo needs to be out there with 4 guys who can score, not 4 guys watching him and hoping he scores.
all of us here are fans of the celtics. we share a similar love for a team, but that does not mean we support our team identically, all of us in all the same way.

please don't abuse others here because their opinions differ from yours. instead, present reasonable, supported opinions. and if others differ, and they will, acknowledge their views and move on.

simply because others hold differing views is not a reason to denigrate or belittle them or their fanhood.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2015, 12:38:58 PM »

Offline Hemingway

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 123
You guys are terrible fans, you wanted Rondo gone for so long and finally got your wish. He's going to prove you guys wrong and have a great year.

Also the "he will be in China next year" comment are silly. I live in China now and Rondo would be a terrible fit for a CBA team. The Chinese players can't really play they just pass it to the foreigner and hope he can score 50 a game. Rondo needs to be out there with 4 guys who can score, not 4 guys watching him and hoping he scores.
all of us here are fans of the celtics. we share a similar love for a team, but that does not mean we support our team identically, all of us in all the same way.

please don't abuse others here because their opinions differ from yours. instead, present reasonable, supported opinions. and if others differ, and they will, acknowledge their views and move on.

simply because others hold differing views is not a reason to denigrate or belittle them or their fanhood.

Did I really abuse anyone?

RR played his heart out here, never forced a trade or bad mouthed the team, one a title with us and took over many games. And yet most of the posts on here (and other threads) just trash Rondo. for every one post about how good of a passer he was there are 100 about how bad of a FT shooter he was. The negativity on this forum sticks and it sucks.

« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2015, 03:03:45 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

RR played his heart out here, never forced a trade or bad mouthed the team, one a title with us and took over many games. And yet most of the posts on here (and other threads) just trash Rondo. for every one post about how good of a passer he was there are 100 about how bad of a FT shooter he was. The negativity on this forum sticks and it sucks.

I understood what you meant. You were just saying that people still 'bashing' Rondo didn't realize how good they had it. The 'terrible fans' thing comes off a little strong, but I imagine it was just specific to not appreciating Rondo and not a blanket statement for their overall Celtic fandom.

« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2015, 03:20:44 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
The Rondo Train has passed BOS.

He did MAGNIFICENT things here in BOS....had perhaps his BEST years in BOS. Left it on the floor (literally) - in BOSTON:

and I wish him, Boogie and Ms Lieberman well in SACTOWN.

« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2015, 03:43:03 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
And do what ?

Does he play defense now?

« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2015, 04:31:10 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 743

tp

Somehow, that was the perfect response.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2015, 10:01:47 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville

Yes, and you just made it even worse.

« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2015, 11:13:36 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 870
I feel bad for Rondo.  He passed up (likely) the chance to sign an extension that would have paid him what, $14M or so for 3 years?  He (along with countless fans) far overrated his ability.  Unfortunately, it all got exposed in Dallas.  Rondo is a very good player, competitive, smart but he has a glaring flaw; he is a really bad shooter, and that has nothing to do with his knee.  He was always a bad shooter.  Doc and the big 3 did a really good job providing cover for him, so good in fact that Rondo fooled many fans and himself into thinking he was much better than he really was.

I don't think Rondo will ever play in China though, although China, Sacramento, yeah.  Rondo still might be able to develop a serviceable shot.  I think up until the half season in Dallas, Rondo believed he was an all star, even an MVP caliber player and didn't really think the shooting was a problem.  This problem should now be very clear to him and he might have actually worked on it.  A humble Rondo with an even half decent shot could be very dangerous but the same old Rondo will result in nothing but double teams on Cousins and Rondo dribbling around.  I really do hope he has figured this out.

« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2015, 11:14:37 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
Y'all are gonna have to try way harder than this to get BBallTim out of his cave..

troll level: it's over 9000!!!!!!  ;D ;D ;D
- LilRip

« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2015, 11:42:14 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
I feel bad for Rondo.  He passed up (likely) the chance to sign an extension that would have paid him what, $14M or so for 3 years?  He (along with countless fans) far overrated his ability.  Unfortunately, it all got exposed in Dallas.  Rondo is a very good player, competitive, smart but he has a glaring flaw; he is a really bad shooter, and that has nothing to do with his knee.  He was always a bad shooter.  Doc and the big 3 did a really good job providing cover for him, so good in fact that Rondo fooled many fans and himself into thinking he was much better than he really was.

I don't think Rondo will ever play in China though, although China, Sacramento, yeah.  Rondo still might be able to develop a serviceable shot.  I think up until the half season in Dallas, Rondo believed he was an all star, even an MVP caliber player and didn't really think the shooting was a problem.  This problem should now be very clear to him and he might have actually worked on it.  A humble Rondo with an even half decent shot could be very dangerous but the same old Rondo will result in nothing but double teams on Cousins and Rondo dribbling around.  I really do hope he has figured this out.
Not me. I don't feel bad for a guy who gave up on his teammates in the playoffs.

« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2015, 02:00:13 AM »

Offline Hemingway

• Bill Walton
And do what ?

Does he play defense now?

This is what I mean by terrible fans. Sorry if that offends you. But if you watched the games and didn't have it out for Rondo you would see that he was at the very very very least an average defender if not a good one. Now, if you don't watch the games and just read the hate posts on these boards you see that one quote by Rondo taken out of context after going to Dallas where it seems like he is saying "Now I have to play D and I haven't had to do that in years" Way out of context but I've read it on this forum over 20 times. He was talking about how good AB is on D and how for the last several years (I guess sense AB took Rays starting spot) Rondo didn't have to guard the best O guy at the 1 or 2 spots on the other team because AB would do it and Dallas didn't have an AB.

Sure Rondo had a move unconventional D than most (really everything about him is unconventional) as he plays more like a free saftey, takes chances on steals and gets his long arms in the lanes. But I think this was all by design, I don't remember Doc having a problem with it and he wasn't one to not have problems with Rondo.

More generally speaking, as a fan base I think we are pretty bad about kicking guys on the way out. I can understand the hate for Ray going to the heat for less money and Walker for bashing the Cs to the media, but I read hate on just about everyone with maybe the one exception of KG. It's like if you buy a new house, do you need to then say you hate your old house to make your new house better? Thats what it feels like. Lots of posts here with graphics making fun of this thread and posts making fun of it with no more than a line or two, and yet I'm the one being "abusive" and "making it worse" Look I know he ain't coming back any time soon if ever, but man what a great player he was. If you didn't enjoy watching him play for us then, yeah, I really do question how much of a fan you are.   

« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2015, 02:10:33 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
My whole issue with the Rondo thing is that there are IMO some on here that are letting his poor choice of words take away from his MAGNIFICENT time here in BOS.

While that is clearly their choice, it is IMO misguided.

He was not a perfect player (nor was Pierce, KG, BIRD or Ray), but Rajon Rondo is CELTIC through and through.

There are some here who are clearly Trolling. To those, I dedicate THIS classic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rEsVp5tiDQ

;D :) ;)

« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2015, 02:24:46 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469

I'm looking forward to seeing how Rondo does in Sacramento.  If Gay and McLemore can improve their catch and shoot efficiency, that could be an interesting squad that could help Rondo regain some of his earlier form.

We'll see.  He may simply not have it anymore.  I know I'll be rooting for him to bounce back, though. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2015, 03:42:42 AM »

Offline Hemingway

• Bill Walton
Rondo will probably improve their shooting a few percentage points. getting a perfect pass with the laces in your sweet spot makes a difference. that half a second where a player either has to adjust the ball in their hands or not makes a lot of difference. On some level, no matter how much you block the thought out, if you think your shot might get blocked you are less likely to make it. Good passing is really under rated. People tend to look at passing in terms of assists, fancy passes and ones that get open layups due to the passers vision. But just a simple pass has a lot to it.

« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2015, 04:29:39 AM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
I reside in the greater Sacramento area, so I hope to bump into Rondo at some point, by pure chance.  If I do, I will deliver to him the grim news about the local restaurant scene...