Author Topic: TJ Warren  (Read 6148 times)

TJ Warren
« on: July 28, 2015, 09:12:22 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Dude can score. He's going to come up in the league over the next couple of seasons as the Suns feature him.

And no, McD won't trade him to us for Olynyk or Sullinger....
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

Re: TJ Warren
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2015, 09:15:22 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 227
Rather Olynyk and Sullinger than a guy who has yet to prove he"s anything but a one dimensional scorer.

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2015, 09:18:32 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Dude can score. He's going to come up in the league over the next couple of seasons as the Suns feature him.

you really seem hell bent on getting rid of KO and Sully for a lesser player.  first Holmes and now TJ Warren. smh

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2015, 09:19:06 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
Rather Olynyk and Sullinger than a guy who has yet to prove he"s anything but a one dimensional scorer.

I shouldnt have made the quip about our players -- thought it would prevent homer responses about Celtics roster guys, but the opposite came true.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2015, 09:21:45 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas

you really seem hell bent on getting rid of KO and Sully for a lesser player.  first Holmes and now TJ Warren. smh

I just commented on an interesting player in the league. I also noted that the Suns would never take either of those two for Warren. So how am I trying to get rid of either?

Do you only troll for naysay, or actually add anything interesting or positive ever?
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2015, 09:26:47 PM »

Offline beantownboy171

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70

I just commented on an interesting player in the league. I also noted that the Suns would never take either of those two for Warren. So how am I trying to get rid of either?

Do you only troll for naysay, or actually add anything interesting or positive ever?
I think the Suns would probably jump at an offer of Olynyk but not Sullinger. Olynyk fits there system pretty well. We might need to add something like the minnesota pick to make up for the difference in age and extra year of team control.

That being said, teams in general don't like to trade their young prospects. (except for Charlotte i guess, smh)

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2015, 09:30:10 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 227
I will add that if Warren can add a consistent 3 point shot, hes going to be a very dangerous player for years to come. The way he scores the ball reminds me alot of Pierce, who was also a less than stellar 3 point shooter coming into the league but is now regarded as one of the best of all time. So there is definately hope.

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2015, 09:30:12 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas

I think the Suns would probably jump at an offer of Olynyk but not Sullinger. Olynyk fits there system pretty well. We might need to add something like the minnesota pick to make up for the difference in age and extra year of team control.

That being said, teams in general don't like to trade their young prospects. (except for Charlotte i guess, smh)

This topic is in the Around The NBA catagory, not the Transaction Idea and Rumors section. Good grief.

Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2015, 09:53:14 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
This thread has gotten off to a great start.

Spence, if you want to control the conversation, start with a question, not a mocking assertion.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2015, 10:19:12 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

interesting depends on who's readying it. 

positive, about half the time.  guess you don't read those positive ones.

your comment basically states you like TJ Warren more than you like KO or Sully since you suggest them as trade pieces for Phoenix and that they wouldn't be sufficient to land Warren.  The fact I also recall seeing your post in another thread to move a few of our established players with the end goal of making a roster spot available for for Holmes -- an undrafted player that had an ok summer league -- is what I would consider a pattern of questionable player evaluation.  if you don't like opinions that question your player evaluation, you're going to be disappointed and not just by me.

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2015, 10:23:05 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
Been there, done this topic.

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=79950.0

Smitty77

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2015, 09:19:34 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas

interesting depends on who's readying it. 

positive, about half the time.  guess you don't read those positive ones.

your comment basically states you like TJ Warren more than you like KO or Sully since you suggest them as trade pieces for Phoenix and that they wouldn't be sufficient to land Warren.  The fact I also recall seeing your post in another thread to move a few of our established players with the end goal of making a roster spot available for for Holmes -- an undrafted player that had an ok summer league -- is what I would consider a pattern of questionable player evaluation.  if you don't like opinions that question your player evaluation, you're going to be disappointed and not just by me.

You still have yet to discuss TJ Warren in any way. Just more pejorative agenda.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2015, 09:38:57 AM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

Smitty77

The difference is that yours was set up to start a discussion, while this one seems to be set up to start a fight
I'm bitter.

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2015, 10:09:30 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas

Smitty77

The difference is that yours was set up to start a discussion, while this one seems to be set up to start a fight

I mean, come on. I made the joke about not trading for KO or Sully because virtually EVERY thread these days is. My intention was to get folks impressions of the player.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2015, 10:31:16 AM »

Offline krumeto

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 72
I went to the Bright Side of the Sun before the draft to check the asking price of Suns fans. I asked for Warren or Len.

Len is considered "untouchable" by fans, Warren - "basically untouchable".

I like him, but I see not trade out there.
"We do so many defensive drills in practice, I come home and I'm putting the press on my woman, denying her the ball.
Y'all are laughing, but it's sad. I go home and deny the wing."