Author Topic: TJ Warren  (Read 3095 times)

TJ Warren
« on: July 17, 2015, 07:18:13 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
Here is the SF we need to trade for NOW.  The Suns just signed Mirza Teletovic and they have plenty of SF's now and I think a good offer can snatch Warren.

I know that I am an NC State homer, but TJ can flat score the basketball and is averaging 20+ points per game in the Summer League and has on of the highest PIE's in the Las Vegas Summer League!!!!

What would it take to get him in your opinion?????

Smitty77

Re: TJ Warren
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2015, 07:23:54 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2703
I'd check in on James Ennis in Miami. With Loul Deng, drafting Winslow and signing Gerald Green, Ennis looks like the odd man out over there.

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2015, 07:25:19 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
I'd check in on James Ennis in Miami. With Loul Deng, drafting Winslow and signing Gerald Green, Ennis looks like the odd man out over there.

Ennis has literally had one of the WORST summer league's in recent history!!!  And he didn't have that great of a regular season.

We could get him for nothing as I firmly think that the Heat will cut him.

But, we would have to move some people to create a space or two on our roster.

Smitty77

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2015, 07:28:19 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
How about Evan Turner and the Minny 1st rounder (likely to be 2 second rounders)??

That saves us a few dollars and the Suns seem to need a SG and ET can play that position quite well.  I would throw in Young if need be.

Smitty77

P.S. ET and Young works on realgm Tradechecker as does ET by himself.

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2015, 07:30:01 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Doesn't Teletovic play nearly all his minutes at the four?

I don't think he would impact TJ Warren's status with the team.

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2015, 07:42:20 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
About 5 of his 8 FG attempts last year were from three.  A stretch four I guess, but so many teams play positionless b-ball now, it is hard to tell.

You are correct in that he is listed as a four.

Smitty77

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2015, 07:42:36 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
I thought the point of getting rid of the Morris Twins was to give more playing time for Warren..?

Either way, I don't see TJ Warren getting traded unless Ainge overpays.

I was disappointed we didn't go after Aminu or Harkless, but eh who knows? I would still hold out hope for Gallanari, or Tobias Harris.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2015, 07:56:05 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I think Gallo and Derozan are our best options for getting a legitimate starting 3 anytime this season.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2015, 09:13:18 PM »

Offline Ray_32

• JD Davison
  • Tommy Points: 1
Even though he has shown that he can score in summer league (and in college) the Celtics need more of a shooter at the 3 spot. Warren only shot 24% from 3 last year and 27% his sophomore year at NC State. He's a tweener forward being that he is 6'8 and around 220lbs and a good comparison of his offensive game imo is Thaddeus Young with even less 3pt shooting. I could see him on the C's if they could add more shooters to the roster but as of now he's not a good fit

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2015, 09:14:12 PM »

Offline ThaPreacher

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 174
  • THA PREACHER
I think Gallo and Derozan are our best options for getting a legitimate starting 3 anytime this season.

Derozan and Gallo would be great pick-ups.   I think that Derozan would be more costly of the two.
"Just do what you do best."  -Red Auerbach-

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2015, 10:59:35 PM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
I love Warren and would love to get him, but he probably isn't for sale

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2015, 11:02:48 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I like him as a player, would not have minded us drafting him, he seems tough.   But he is not a very good three point shooter and that is what we want in our guys, so I question if he fits our system, the same is true of DeRozan.

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2015, 11:04:56 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
Even though he has shown that he can score in summer league (and in college) the Celtics need more of a shooter at the 3 spot. Warren only shot 24% from 3 last year and 27% his sophomore year at NC State. He's a tweener forward being that he is 6'8 and around 220lbs and a good comparison of his offensive game imo is Thaddeus Young with even less 3pt shooting. I could see him on the C's if they could add more shooters to the roster but as of now he's not a good fit

Comparing him to Thaddeus Young is flat out wrong in my opinion.  You do not necessarily have to be a great 3-point shooter to be a good shooter.  TJ has an old school game with a near flawless mid-range jump shot and he can get his shot off almost any time he wants to sort of like Adrian Dantley of days gone by or perhaps Mark Aguirre.  I still think an old school team effort style ala the Pistons can and WILL win in today's modern era!!!!

Smitty77

« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2015, 12:37:42 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
I like him. I just wonder what it would take to get him.
I think if you sent out Evan Turner you have to send James Young with him and I dunno if Danny does that.

"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2015, 12:55:31 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
I thought the point of getting rid of the Morris Twins was to give more playing time for Warren..?

Well, arguably, the more pressing concern was that they were basically toxic for one another and needed to be separated, but yes, this was something they had in mind when they made the trade.