Author Topic: aldridge or jordan?  (Read 1085 times)

aldridge or jordan?
« on: July 02, 2015, 05:57:59 PM »

Offline edlove44

• Open Roster Spot
  • Tommy Points: 1
Are we completely out of the running for these 2 guys? They have not signed anywhere else and I think either one could make us contenders in the east.

Re: aldridge or jordan?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2015, 06:09:53 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Your a good boy

Now take your pills

And run along

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2015, 06:10:32 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
Welcome to Celtics Blog.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2015, 06:15:01 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
Your a good boy

Now take your pills

And run along

That is really no way to respond to a first time poster. Welcome aboard Ed Love. To answer your question we seem to be completely out of the running for LA and also Denadre Jordan. It is unclear if either of them even agreed to talk with the Celtics front office. I believe Danny reached out to LA, but it was nothing more than a short talk that never gained any traction whatsoever. Now that we have signed Amir Johnson, Jerekbro and Crowder back we also don't really have the space to sign any more free agents without making other big moves first.

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2015, 06:19:08 PM »

Offline edlove44

• Open Roster Spot
  • Tommy Points: 1
Well we have the pieces to make a sign and trade. also just because I nevered posted before doesn't mean I don't bleed green, I have been a Celtics fan for over 40 years. I just get confused with the cap stuff

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2015, 06:21:51 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Not happenin.

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2015, 06:43:01 PM »

Online A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
Well we have the pieces to make a sign and trade. also just because I nevered posted before doesn't mean I don't bleed green, I have been a Celtics fan for over 40 years. I just get confused with the cap stuff

Welcome to Celtics Blog man, great to have ya. As a new person myself, most people on here are very accommodating. (Be careful of the silly grandeur trades like sully and evan turner for durant and westbrook lol)

Like it has been said above, Aldridge will most likely stay out west and choose between the Spurs and the Suns. Honestly either choice makes a ton of sense so this should be interesting. Also Miami has a reported visit with him (no idea how they would make that work.)

Deandre appears to be down to the choice of either Dallas or resigning with LAC. As a C's fan I am not sure if I want Jordan on the Mavs (if he isn't there, they may blow it up, and we don't get the pick) or if he does go there, it may be like unleashing the beast. He probably stays in LAC, but I have seen that the Knicks want to atleast try and pitch him on being the 2nd option on offense (a few days ago, prolly just smoke and mirrors.)

#JKJB

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2015, 06:50:04 PM »

Offline alley oop

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 30
"LaMarcus Aldridge (POR) has second meeting with Lakers, will meet with Heat"

http://espn.go.com/

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2015, 07:20:53 PM »

Offline ahonui06

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 27
If I were a GM I would prefer DeAndre Jordan because he is a Tier B FA that actually plays defense and rebounds. I don't believe LaMarcus is a player that can turn around your franchise by himself and he is weak on the defensive end.

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2015, 07:31:03 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
Well we just signed Amir Johnson to be our center.  I'd say Gerald Green is the most likely addition at this point.  I don't see us going after either of these guys.

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2015, 07:35:30 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
Silly question