Author Topic: Bismack Biyombo  (Read 3629 times)

Re: Bismack Biyombo
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2015, 08:27:39 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
I just want to point out one incredibly amusing statistic from Biyombo's last season.

Free Throw Rate - 94.1%

;D

Jokes aside, I'd be up for this acquisition if the cost isn't too high. 

A quick few points of analysis on him:

1) He took 74% of his shots inside three feet, but actually shot 65.7% from that range.  Not bad, at least this shows he can finish inside.

2) The remainder of his offense (23%) came from 3-10 feet, where he shot 23%.  Ouch. Definitely a guy who shouldn't leave the paint offensively.

3) His percentage of FG that were assisted went down from 71.6% in 2013/14 to 56.5% this year (the best number of his career, by far).  This suggests that he really showed some improvement in his ability to create his own offense.  A promising sign, though he's still obviously not lighting any score boards.

4) A whopping 1.5 turnovers to 0.5 assists gives him an assist/turnover ratio of 1.33 which is horrendous.  Seriously among the worst I've seen. 

5) His per minute rebound average (11.8 Peer 36 Minutes) and rebound rate (18%) are both fantastic, so he can definitely help on that side of things.

6) His per minute block average (2.9 Per 36 Minutes) and block rate (6.3%) also both outstanding - better than Deandre Jordan, in fact.

To be honest I still don't see the guy ever becoming more than a backup center (blocking / rebounding role player) but that is an unquestionable need on our team, so I'd be perfectly happy to bring him in as a backup center and see if his offense improves to the the point where he can become at least good enough to start.  I doubt it, but worth the gamble.

I'd probalby offer up to $5M a year give or take - probably not much more.

« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2015, 08:37:20 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
I'll just point out that I called a 2 year, $12mil deal with the Cs for him about 3 months ago. My understanding is there's still strong interest there, but other shoes need to drop first.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2015, 08:45:11 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Pick up Biyombo, Al-Farouq Aminu, and Withey or Ajinca and just try to smother teams to death with arms and defense.

A throwback to the playground: Celtics win, final score 17-21.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2015, 09:29:57 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I really hope we can sign him this year. You can tell he's starting to scratch the surface of his potential. He wouldn't cost a ton which is nice.

Why is this so nice?

Rather have expensive, quality talent than talent that's below average and cheap.

And Biyombo sucks!

« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2015, 09:31:18 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
How many Biyombo threads are we going to have?

Are you LarBrd33's clone? ;)

Would you like to go after him as a last resort?

I do like him, cause of his wingspan and standing reach. I'm just worried that his wingspan may be beneficial, but his height will definitely be hindered when trying to post and guard big men.

Oh my God! Why does everyone bring up his wingspan when talking about this guy?!!

« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2015, 09:32:18 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
Pick up Biyombo, Al-Farouq Aminu, and Withey or Ajinca and just try to smother teams to death with arms and defense.

Awful, awful free agents targets! All of them! Except Ajinca as a back up maybe.

« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2015, 09:32:48 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
I'll just point out that I called a 2 year, $12mil deal with the Cs for him about 3 months ago. My understanding is there's still strong interest there, but other shoes need to drop first.

Don't want him!!

« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2015, 09:32:55 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704

I do like him, cause of his wingspan and standing reach. I'm just worried that his wingspan may be beneficial, but his height will definitely be hindered when trying to post and guard big men.

Oh my God! Why does everyone bring up his wingspan when talking about this guy?!!

The wingspan is useless if he can't catch a basketball or put the ball in the hole, or dribble, or pass, the list goes on and on.

« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2015, 09:33:29 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
Mack

Gots sum

C fans

He sure does.

Thing is Danny is probably not interested. I posted a relevant tweet in thread somewhere here but I can no longer find it (the thread that it is).

Anyway, after some search in Twitter, here you go...

https://twitter.com/ZachLowe_NBA/status/615689445312983040

Thank God!

« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2015, 09:36:57 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352

Because when he waves to the fans from the bench, everyone will be able to see him.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2015, 09:39:52 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson

Because when he waves to the fans from the bench, everyone will be able to see him.

LOL!!!

« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2015, 10:36:22 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
I'd like it if Danny and CBS think he can get better offensively or want to try giving him a season with a lot of touches in the paint. If we trade IT AB ET Zeller maybe Sully ,and let our FA's go, We should sign guys like T. Harris and Biz so we can develop them as players. Plus we would be in a good lotto position.
Small Ball Team
Rozier
Smart
Young
Harris
Biz

« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2015, 10:57:20 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
How does biyombo compare to 25 year old ben Wallace in Orlando ?  Someone look it up.

« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2015, 11:11:36 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
How does biyombo compare to 25 year old ben Wallace in Orlando ?  Someone look it up.

Dude -- don't start that now. Too late. 
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2015, 11:16:25 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
If he accepts to change his name to BismaRck, I say we offer him the max.