Author Topic: Nomination Suggestion for the CelticsBlog HoF  (Read 56650 times)

Nomination Suggestion for the CelticsBlog HoF
« on: March 30, 2015, 05:46:50 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
hwangjini_1 suggested FLCeltsFan should be nominated to the CelticsBlog HoF in this thread:

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=77211.msg1854842#new

For her work making the game threads and I would like to second that motion.  I know this sub forum is dead, but if anybody deserves to be inducted, it is FL.  Those game threads are so well put together and they really draw a lot of positive attention the Forum.  CelticsBlog has such a great forum section for a fan blog and I haven't really seen anything else on any other team's site match it.  I was kind of surprised how most sites don't have a comments section like ours and basically make everyone comment on the stories written by the main site runners.  Taking advantage of the format with those threads really keeps the site alive.

So I don't know if we vote on it or anything, but if we're going to do inductions anytime soon, please make sure FL is included!

Re: Nomination Suggestion for the CelticsBlog HoF
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2015, 05:50:41 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
Motion seconded.

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2015, 06:12:47 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
hwangjini_1 should also be nominated.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2015, 06:20:11 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1604
  • What a Pub Should Be
As first ballot a HOFer as anyone could be.  She's richly deserving of it.

I have no idea what the status of the HOF is at this point, btw.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2015, 06:28:32 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
FL is deserving but Jeff and some old timers from way way back probably would need to be in the first class of inductees. Got a list from Jeff once upon a time of names he would include. Unfortunately life got in the way and I never got to proceed farther with everything. I think that list is in one of the sub-threads that the HOF Editor/mods have access to.

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2015, 06:32:30 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
FL is deserving but Jeff and some old timers from way way back probably would need to be in the first class of inductees. Got a list from Jeff once upon a time of names he would include. Unfortunately life got in the way and I never got to proceed farther with everything. I think that list is in one of the sub-threads that the HOF Editor/mods have access to.

Cool well you're the guy to add her to the list, then!  We should get this going

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2015, 06:53:27 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25640
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
The HOF has never really gotten off the ground, but yes, FL is a first ballot HOFer in all of our hearts.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2015, 07:20:59 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
hwangjini_1 should also be nominated.
ha. many thanks but i am not even remotely qualified for that. i see soooooo many posters here who are just terrific.

but back to the topic, flc does consistently fabulous work on those threads. cripes, i dont know if flc has time for anything else BUT those threads. they are amazing.  ;D

so, what is the next step to get flc among the holy hall of fame?
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2015, 07:22:03 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • bammokja
The HOF has never really gotten off the ground, but yes, FL is a first ballot HOFer in all of our hearts.
roy, more to the point, let's make flc a member in reality, not just in our hearts? how is this done?

(and you owe me a tp for not asking whether a lawyer has a heart.  ;) )
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2015, 07:26:46 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
roy, more to the point, let's make flc a member in reality, not just in our hearts? how is this done?

Now that I look at the sub forum again for the HoF, there is an Inductees section that is empty.  I think that the HoF is a great idea and always just took it for granted that it was active at one point but kind of trailed off.

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?board=56.0

Maybe we could make it happen in the off-season, when we're otherwise just talking about the draft?  Some people on here really deserve it for making CB such a great place

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2015, 08:16:51 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • bammokja

Now that I look at the sub forum again for the HoF, there is an Inductees section that is empty.  I think that the HoF is a great idea and always just took it for granted that it was active at one point but kind of trailed off.

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?board=56.0

Maybe we could make it happen in the off-season, when we're otherwise just talking about the draft?  Some people on here really deserve it for making CB such a great place
qtl, good post as usual. thanks for doing some of the homework on this. i like the idea of waiting until the season is over, the hand wringing has wrung, and the teeth are fully gnashed before raising this discussion.

do we also wait until the draft is over as well? perhaps we can unofficially make august the CB HOF month, during dog days. just a thought on the timing.

but above all else, let's not let this slip through the cracks. i want flc to be the inaugural hof member of cb.

CALLING ALL MODS!!!! if this happens, you guys need to create some sort of fancy dancy image, or marker, or star of something for anyone who makes it into the hof. then the hog marker sits with their avatar or whatever.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2015, 08:43:53 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker

qtl, good post as usual. thanks for doing some of the homework on this. i like the idea of waiting until the season is over, the hand wringing has wrung, and the teeth are fully gnashed before raising this discussion.

do we also wait until the draft is over as well? perhaps we can unofficially make august the CB HOF month, during dog days. just a thought on the timing.

but above all else, let's not let this slip through the cracks. i want flc to be the inaugural hof member of cb.

CALLING ALL MODS!!!! if this happens, you guys need to create some sort of fancy dancy image, or marker, or star of something for anyone who makes it into the hof. then the hog marker sits with their avatar or whatever.

TP for the kind words!  Anyways, I am going to make an alert to bump this thread on the 15th (last day of the NBA season) to try to get people on board for actually getting the HoF going.  I really think that would be a great time to try and do it

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2015, 08:46:01 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25640
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I think it would be great, too.

The official guy in charge of this, currently, is Bahku.  If you guys want to reach out to him to see what he needs for help, I'm sure that he would appreciate it.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2015, 08:52:03 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
I think it would be great, too.

The official guy in charge of this, currently, is Bahku.  If you guys want to reach out to him to see what he needs for help, I'm sure that he would appreciate it.

Awesome, I just sent him a message.  Hopefully we get this going

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2015, 11:41:58 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • bammokja
you know far more than i do, but perhaps it would be best to do it in chronological order of nominations. was the list you received official nominations?

if not, then flc might be first in line.
- Vandana Shiva