Author Topic: Get rid of Sullinger  (Read 13007 times)

Re: Get rid of Sullinger
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2015, 05:54:20 PM »

Offline KingofDaPlayazBall

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 13
I can't stand this guy. Get rid of him as soon as possible, his value is decent right now.

Couldn't you have just bumped one of the other Sullinger hate threads you've started?

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=75648.msg1807063#msg1807063

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=74823.msg1780868#msg1780868

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=74564.msg1771972#msg1771972

It's good to see you're not just a one dimensional Sully hater. You also are responsible for about 5 of the 'Bradley sucks' threads. ;D

Lol TP Nerf for being the Hater Snatcher

« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2015, 06:09:49 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
I think we keep beating a "dead horse" on the subject of Sully is he's a talented player. He's quite well rounded (no pun intended). He does many things well, and a few exceptionally well. 

I for one just want to see him reach his full potential, asking him to attempt to loose 20lb. is not like asking an morbidly obese non athlete to loose a 100 pounds. For Sully to loose 20-25 would most likely entail hiring a cook, a personal trainer, and taking your career a bit more seriously.   

« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2015, 06:14:39 PM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
He makes me angry Nerf

I gathered that. ;D But what's the alternative? Not getting enough Zeller and Bass for your liking? Olynyk and Shav are banged up. It's either play this piece of crap or play that piece of crap, honestly.
Sully is mediocre not bad.
What makes me angry is that the same people who want to trade Sully after half a mediocre season (with some really good games every now and then mind you) are the exact same people who go like 'How on Earth did DA miss on Hassan Whiteside?' (yeah right, the guy had an injury history and had been rejected by half the NBA before deciding to work his ass and become a real NBA player- at age 25)
So, unless you want to be starting the next 'fire Ainge' thread for letting Sully (he is 22) walk away too soon, let's try to be reasonable for a moment.

Players like Whiteside, Millsap, Gerald Green, Teague, etc have made improvements in their game well into their twenties. Maybe Sully can make an unprecedented (for him) transformation to his body and/or improve his 3 pt range. I don't know what the odds are of this, but there's no real harm in waiting to find out over the next year and a half, especially since his value in a trade is likely small. If after next year he's still the same guy, they can let him walk if they see fit.

« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2015, 07:31:01 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Whiteside looked better than Sullinger and even Bosh.  He is making alot of teams sorry for not giving him a chance.

If the heat provide a decent deal (7 Million) a season he might sign with them. I dunno it could go up all the way to 10 million a season.

What a story

« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2015, 08:50:56 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
I can't stand this guy. Get rid of him as soon as possible, his value is decent right now.

Couldn't you have just bumped one of the other Sullinger hate threads you've started?

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=75648.msg1807063#msg1807063

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=74823.msg1780868#msg1780868

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=74564.msg1771972#msg1771972

It's good to see you're not just a one dimensional Sully hater. You also are responsible for about 5 of the 'Bradley sucks' threads. ;D
ha, ha, ha...very good nerf. tp for you.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2015, 08:54:46 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
Last week it was Bradley, this week is Sullinger. Place your bets on who's the next person!  ;D

My guess it's Thornton...Or, has he taken turn yet?   ;D
well, olly had his day a few weeks ago in the cb pillory, as did smart. so my guess is bass. i haven't seen a good old fashioned bass-bashing thread in a while. so maybe he is next in line.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2015, 09:02:40 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I have no problem with reasonable criticism of Sully (i.e. shot selection, defensive effort, body language).

No cares if you have a problem, but I call Bull Crap on your statement.    You even have claimed he is a good defender which is absurd.    You also call him a skilled offensive player sometimes that is easy to make an argument against bud.

Sully is the fool's gold of the NBA, great college player who people were glad to get but it is easy to see why  twenty other teams passed on him.  Right now, it looks like he will have a better career than a say a Danny Ferrry type but he is far from a good player on both ends of the court.  I do not see us building around him.  Any team with half decent bigs exposes him of the defensive end. 

'How on Earth did DA miss on Hassan Whiteside?' (yeah right, the guy had an injury history and had been rejected by half the NBA before deciding to work his ass and become a real NBA player- at age 25)

I don't  Sully has got fatter as the season progressed.   One can say that with certainty about Jared, he needs to get with the Jared from subway. 

I think  actually he thinks he is good folks.  Look at his body language  and he could care less whether he makes or hits a shot.    Why else would you keep shooting like last game  when you 2-10 in the second half a game and killing your team.  For someone with alleged high basketball IQ he sure does not act that way.

I am sick of watching him as well, but I don't think he is worth anything in terms of what he can bring us.    Better to let him play out his contract, and sit him as soon as  we get a real four or five, as I think he will try to command 8-9 Million a year.   He actually thinks he is good.  No one wants him or will make an offer on him.

Maybe Sully can make an unprecedented (for him) transformation to his body and/or improve his 3 pt range. I don't know what the odds are of this, but there's no real harm in waiting to find out over the next year and a half, especially since his value in a trade is likely small.

I think the odds are very small especially since Ainge told him last year to get in shape and he did not.   Even if he lost some weight, he is not a good athlete and is slow and can't jump.    You can peel off some layers but he would only improve slightly in that regard.   

As far as the shooting, sometimes his ball has no rotation.    I wish they would tell him not to shoot it and plays inside, he is more effective there.    His shooting percentage started high, but now is almost down the the horrible 28% that he shot last year.  He is at .297%.   His not a good shooter for a PF even, shoots .44 from the field.   Even the last few games he has not rebounded well.

I don't see us able to get rid of him and besides he helps the tankage.

« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2015, 11:18:44 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I have no problem with reasonable criticism of Sully (i.e. shot selection, defensive effort, body language).

No cares if you have a problem, but I call Bull Crap on your statement.    You even have claimed he is a good defender which is absurd.    You also call him a skilled offensive player sometimes that is easy to make an argument against bud.

Sully is the fool's gold of the NBA, great college player who people were glad to get but it is easy to see why  twenty other teams passed on him.  Right now, it looks like he will have a better career than a say a Danny Ferrry type but he is far from a good player on both ends of the court.  I do not see us building around him.  Any team with half decent bigs exposes him of the defensive end. 

'How on Earth did DA miss on Hassan Whiteside?' (yeah right, the guy had an injury history and had been rejected by half the NBA before deciding to work his ass and become a real NBA player- at age 25)

I don't  Sully has got fatter as the season progressed.   One can say that with certainty about Jared, he needs to get with the Jared from subway. 

I think  actually he thinks he is good folks.  Look at his body language  and he could care less whether he makes or hits a shot.    Why else would you keep shooting like last game  when you 2-10 in the second half a game and killing your team.  For someone with alleged high basketball IQ he sure does not act that way.

I am sick of watching him as well, but I don't think he is worth anything in terms of what he can bring us.    Better to let him play out his contract, and sit him as soon as  we get a real four or five, as I think he will try to command 8-9 Million a year.   He actually thinks he is good.  No one wants him or will make an offer on him.

Maybe Sully can make an unprecedented (for him) transformation to his body and/or improve his 3 pt range. I don't know what the odds are of this, but there's no real harm in waiting to find out over the next year and a half, especially since his value in a trade is likely small.

I think the odds are very small especially since Ainge told him last year to get in shape and he did not.   Even if he lost some weight, he is not a good athlete and is slow and can't jump.    You can peel off some layers but he would only improve slightly in that regard.   

As far as the shooting, sometimes his ball has no rotation.    I wish they would tell him not to shoot it and plays inside, he is more effective there.    His shooting percentage started high, but now is almost down the the horrible 28% that he shot last year.  He is at .297%.   His not a good shooter for a PF even, shoots .44 from the field.   Even the last few games he has not rebounded well.

I don't see us able to get rid of him and besides he helps the tankage.

everything you said. BUT i'm still willing to give Sully one more chance to come in the best shape of his life for next season.  Be more efficient

He can be David West good

« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2015, 02:10:04 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

So he can't even express his opinion?  I'm calling bull crap on that. ;) ::)

Sully has been disappointing lately, I'll give you that, and it's obvious that he's not a guy you build around, but I also think that a lot of his non weight-related problems stem from having Stevens as a coach, quite honestly.  Stop telling him to take 3s and get him to play inside.  At this rate, after his performance in the preseason I can't believe that I'm actually saying this, lol ;D, I honestly think that Zeller is the best big man on the team, and I'd like to see us go to him more in the post.  Perhaps making him more of an option on offense will light a fire under Sully's butt, and if it doesn't, bring him off the bench.  He isn't a good athlete, by any stretch of the imagination, but his size and bulk allow him to push people off the block, like Cousins, so in that regard he can be a good defender, but I don't expect him to make the all-defensive team, lol. ;D  I wish he'd play like he did as a rookie, but maybe that's just a result of two different coaching philosophies. 

« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2015, 02:12:01 AM »

Offline 255 Rings

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 10
i know this has been beaten to death, but what's really impeding sullinger's development is his weight.
this is a league based on speed, and he'd be able to expand his game with just a little more quickness. more speed means more opportunity to do different things. i think he'd be more able to find "daylight" under the rim, he'd get to his spots faster for jumpers, making him a more efficient offensive player. and his mobility on defense and on the boards would certainly improve, h eplays tough but doesn't have the foot speed to get to where he needs to go. sometimes on rebounds the ball will go right over his head like he was a 40-year old player instead of 25 or whatever.
ainge and stevens need to read him the riot act. he can either lose the weight and live up to his potential, or he can be an NBA side note and be out of the league in 5 years once his body deteriorates.

Thank you! You get it! Listen I know a lot of people here are discontent with many of our players' performances but you all need to understand that the majority are just kids barely into the league. Sullinger's been here for 3 years and has actually missed his first rookie year because of his back surgery. My knock on him has always been his weight but I think he can lose it if he really wanted to. I wouldn't trade him unless we were trading for a lottery pick (and y'all know that's not happening), and would give him till the end of next season to get in tip-top shape. If by then he's still a fatty then Ainge and co. would probably let him go and set their sights on another PF. If BKN stinks up the place next season we could be looking at a lottery pick. This year Ainge should focus his butt off on drafting a Center because it's been a long long time that an NBA Draft has had so many big men across the board. That way Sully can play the 4 without playing out of place and letting an actual C get down and dirty on the glass. If Sully doesn't pan out then I wouldn't mind sticking with Olynyk. A lot of people bash him and call him soft but the dude is a 7 ft PG with great passing skills and great post moves; a perfect compliment for a prototype Center. I'm still on board the Sully bandwagon, but will hop off if next season he still hittin' those donuts hard!

« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2015, 02:32:10 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Sullinger has his uses.  Sullinger isn't going to be one of the top three players on a legitimate championship contender.

He should be viewed as an asset, not as an untouchable piece of the core.  If the rebuild takes longer than expected, he's the sort of player you should be open to moving before he hits restricted free agency.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2015, 02:53:38 AM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
I think we keep beating a "dead horse" on the subject of Sully is he's a talented player. He's quite well rounded (no pun intended). He does many things well, and a few exceptionally well. 

I for one just want to see him reach his full potential, asking him to attempt to loose 20lb. is not like asking an morbidly obese non athlete to loose a 100 pounds. For Sully to loose 20-25 would most likely entail hiring a cook, a personal trainer, and taking your career a bit more seriously.

Oh please, the people who are bashing Sullinger are the same people who never liked him.

« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2015, 03:39:37 AM »

Offline soulman

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 21
i just dont like Sully being our first option at offense, also why does he need to shoot 3s?!

« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2015, 07:17:31 AM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
Well the eye test at who gives us more for undersized power forward is bass.  That to me means sully and everyone on our team is trade potential.  We have no starters, no one to worry about keeping, maybe smart.
thank god the pats won, celtics are downright depressing

« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2015, 07:30:19 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
I have better things to do than to worry about getting rid of a 22 year old PF (in a mess of a team as it is) giving me 28 minutes of play scoring 14 points per game and grabbing 8 rebounds.