Author Topic: "If" we move Green, what about this?  (Read 3592 times)

"If" we move Green, what about this?
« on: January 02, 2015, 04:14:19 PM »

Offline ScoobyDoo

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 442
To OKC: Jeff Green, Avery Bradley and Brandan Wright. I would also throw in Jameer Nelson if they wanted him. Figure out a way to make the numbers work.

To Boston: Kendrick Perkins, Mitch McGeary and a resigned/extended Reggie Jackson.

Thios is a trade I would do if I were the GM of either team, without much hesitation.

Why for OKC:

1.They can spare Perkins. Steven Adams is playing starter's minutes and he's also every bit as physical if not more so than Perkins. Nick Collison can play some 5, as can Ibaka and Brandan Wright would give them a much more athletic option at the 5 and 4 than Perkins.

2. Reggie Jackson will be looking for more money and a larger role than he currently has on OKC when his current contract comes up -and he should - I think he's a starting NBA point guard. They get Avery Bradley, and if they want him, Jameer Nelson as well. Durant and Westbrook initiate 85% of their offense anyway, so they don't need a ball dominant point. Westbrook and Bradley woudl form a formidable defensive backcourt - Bradley could deal with Rondo, Chris Paul, Damian Lillard, Stephen Curry's, etc as they head into the payoffs, freeing up Westbrook a little on offensive.

3. Jeff Green gives them another legitimate froncourt scorer. He knows the guys on the team and their system and this would allow OKC to have 2 of Durant, Westbrook and Green on the court at all times. This is helpful scoring wise and something they've missed  since Harden departed.

Why for Boston:

1. Kendrick Perkin's expiring contract, #1. He may or may not want to resign with us and we may or may not "want" to resign him but that doesn't really matter. I suspect he may wnat to sign in Dallas with Rondo.

2. I like McGeary  - I think he would be yet another nice young piece for us.

3. But the main reason i do thsi trade is because I believe a combination of Reggie Jackson, Marcus Smart, James Young (assuming he projects as it appears he will - a lights out shooter..) would form a letiimate championship guard rotation in time. You can even add in Evan Turner and Pressey to that mix.

4. It cleans up the team a bit, which is needed.

5. Without Green's scoring I think we ultimately end up with a top 5 pick and a potential franshise center.

So we move forward with the following young core of players:

Okafor, Towns, Stein or Turner / Zeller / McGeary
Sullinger / Olynyk
Jae Crowder / work to be done here,,,
Marcus SmartJ / James Young
Reggie Jackson / Evan Turner / Pressey

We use our cap and considerable draft picks to continue to add to this young core.

Thoughts?

Re: "If" we move Green, what about this?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2015, 04:17:49 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
I'd do it. I really want to see a Jackson/Smart backcourt. That seems like alot to give up for that package, though. I'd almost prefer their pick instead of MM.

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2015, 04:20:50 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
I agree that Reggie Jackson deserves to be a starting point guard, and I also think OKC won't want to pay him what he's worth (see: Harden, James).

I also think Green would be a better fit there than in Boston—he can be that No. 3 scorer on whom there is little pressure.

A Jackson/Smart backcourt would be nice, with Turner mixing in there and at the 3 (alongside Young).
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2015, 04:33:27 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
If Oklahoma cannot afford to pay Reggie Jackson, how can they afford to pay Jeff Green?

Jeff Green is going to get paid just as much if not more money this summer.

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2015, 10:16:33 PM »

Offline ScoobyDoo

• Jim Loscutoff
With the new Cap increases they can probably afford to pay Jackson or Green but it would make more sense for that cash to go to Green...

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2015, 10:21:07 PM »

Offline MaxAMillion

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 16
He should go and ask for a trade. Ainge can get one of those all so powerful draft picks for him.

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2015, 10:24:02 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 871
  • GOT IT!!!
That's a trade I would do. OKC won't trade Perk tho. That would upset the team like it did Boston.

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2015, 10:27:02 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
If the numbers work, why not.

Big question would Reggie Jackson want to stay in Boston?

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2015, 10:43:21 PM »

Offline ScoobyDoo

• Jim Loscutoff
I agree it wold rock the boat a bit for OKC with Perkins going, but Adams is the starter now so I'm sure it would have as big an impact in OKC as it did in Bosto.

The only way I'd do it with Jackson if he agreed to be extended at a market price for him. Or if we have his bird rights after next season I'd be Ok with that

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2015, 11:05:12 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Didn't McGary have issues with hippie lettuce in college?  He has had back issues, that scares me more than the HL.

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2015, 11:07:36 PM »

Offline ScoobyDoo

• Jim Loscutoff
Yep and I could do the trade without McGeary if need be. I think Jackson, Smart and Young could be special together so I'd do the trade without McGeary if I could make it work.

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2015, 12:10:51 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
With the new Cap increases they can probably afford to pay Jackson or Green but it would make more sense for that cash to go to Green...
I don't think they could. Westbrook and Durant both have max contracts that are tied to salary cap. If cap rises, their salary rises proportionately. I doubt they could afford to pay Jeff Green his new contract next summer.

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2015, 01:37:20 AM »

Online blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1474
I agree that Reggie Jackson deserves to be a starting point guard, and I also think OKC won't want to pay him what he's worth (see: Harden, James).

I also think Green would be a better fit there than in Boston—he can be that No. 3 scorer on whom there is little pressure.

A Jackson/Smart backcourt would be nice, with Turner mixing in there and at the 3 (alongside Young).

2 things.  One, Jeff has shown in his time here that he is a lot better player at the small forward spot than playing power forward.  Two, OKC has a pretty good sf and pf right now. 

If you are OKC, why do you pay green big bucks to back up KD and not even start? 

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2015, 07:24:32 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
If we move Green then take your car out of the way

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2015, 08:27:12 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
OKC would do that trade in a second
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin