Author Topic: The Marcus Smart problem  (Read 5316 times)

Re: The Marcus Smart problem
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2014, 10:09:40 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Didn't see any of the game last night?  What was his shot selection like?  Was he getting inside more or floating around the perimeter?

50/50. he's definitely going to have problems finishing inside when the games start happening for real, since he was already having issues even at the preseason's half speed. He hit a couple of nice threes, he missed a couple of threes, but I don't think he actually made a single contested layup.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2014, 10:33:53 AM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
His obsession with the 3-pointer, though, is already driving me crazy at an almost Antoine Walker-like level.

Smart should be watching tape of Wade going to the basket and picking up phantom fouls four hours a day until he gets the hint.

Completely agree. The 3 can be part of Smart's game, but he shouldn't be taking 5 much less 7 attempts per game. His ability to finish inside is actually not a question, as he was outstanding in college-- 65% I believe.

« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2014, 10:39:23 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
It's rare that you see a rookie who can have the kind of defensive impact on a game that Marcus Smart can. 

I looked up the word "toughness" in the dictionary, and for the definition they showed a picture of Marcus Smart.

I can't help, but think of Tony Allen, and the impact he's had in Memphis as a defensive leader.  Marcus is going to have that kind of impact at a much earlier stage of his career, and while his offensive is a work in progress, it's much more advanced than Tony Allen's was at that stage.  It may even be more advanced than Tony Allen's offense is currently.

In short, I'm very excited about Marcus Smart. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2014, 06:44:56 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
it's a rule, everyone on this team has to shoot 3's. nothing to do with smart.
TP