Author Topic: 3 trades: build around Smart  (Read 1611 times)

3 trades: build around Smart
« on: October 11, 2014, 06:26:27 PM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
3 trade idea as that I've brought up before.  Designed to build around Smart and to be a better defensive, trapping, aggressive team.

1. Fav/Antbony for Corey Brewer.  Allows us to keep Powell.

2. Thornton/Bass for Eric Gordon. Trade two expirings for a guy that could be a good player for is.

3. Rondo/Zeller for Butler/Gibson/Snell.  Waive Snell.

Next offseason, use multiple picks to move up and get one of the many bigs that will be available.

Smart   (Bradley). Pressey
Gordon Bradley. Young
Turner. Butler. Brewer. Wallace
Green. Gibson. Powell
Sullinger. Olynyk. (Draft pick)

To finish out the year, pick up a center off the scrap heap to be the 15th man (3rd string center).

I know Sullinger/Olynyk aren't traditional centers and Green isn't a traditional power forwArd. But Gibson can block shots and this is way to get more talented players on the floor and play team defense.  And be extremely athletic. Get the right big in the draft and this would be a really good team.

Re: 3 trades: build around Smart
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2014, 06:48:45 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
I stopped reading when this man's name appeared...

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2014, 08:59:10 PM »

Offline Jonny CC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
1. Fav/Antbony for Corey Brewer. 
I would do it but why would they trade Brewer for 2 pieces of trash?

2. Thornton/Bass for Eric Gordon. Trade two expirings for a guy that could be a good player for is.
I think you can get more for Thornton and Bass. 

No way.  That's a pretty craptastic return for Rondo and Zeller.
Before a game on Christmas against the Pacers, Bird told Chuck Person that he had a present for him. During the game, Bird shot a 3-pointer in front of Person. Immediately after releasing the ball, Bird said to Person, "Merry F!#*ing Christmas!" and then the shot went in.

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2014, 10:18:18 PM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
1. They would dump Brewer because he has a player option for next year and they don't want to play him. Anthony gives them a backup center and a mentor Canadian.

2. We can't get a good player that makes $15 mil for Thornton/Bass so we take a gamble on Gordon.  Maybe he would thrive in Stevens system.

3. Maybe Bulls throw in pick.  Move Rondo before he becomes free agent.  Get two quality role players and page the way for Smart to be point guard.

Sign Jermaine Oneal to be 3rd string center for one year.

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2014, 10:19:07 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
1. They would dump Brewer because he has a player option for next year and they don't want to play him. Anthony gives them a backup center and a mentor Canadian.

2. We can't get a good player that makes $15 mil for Thornton/Bass so we take a gamble on Gordon.  Maybe he would thrive in Stevens system.

3. Maybe Bulls throw in pick.  Move Rondo before he becomes free agent.  Get two quality role players and page the way for Smart to be point guard.

Sign Jermaine Oneal to be 3rd string center for one year.

2.  Gordon isn't worth the gamble.  His knees are terrible and he can't even play in back to back games. He's a waste of salary space....   

3.  The Bulls already have a PG and would have no interest in Rondo.  You don't have 2 PG's that make alot of money and need the ball in their hands.  Plus they aren't going to trade Butler and Gibson, they are cheap and young players... 

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2014, 10:28:59 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
1. Fav/Antbony for Corey Brewer. 
I would do it but why would they trade Brewer for 2 pieces of trash?

I think you can get more for Thornton and Bass. 

No way.  That's a pretty craptastic return for Rondo and Zeller.

1. See bold.

2. I hate Eric Gordon and want no part of him. Especially if we still have Turner, Bradley, Smart, Young plus Gordon after these trades are managed.

3. Yuck and a half return for Rondo. Add Zeller to the mix too? The Bulls have Rose so why would the want Rondo? Also, why would we waive Snell? He's a good defender with potential to continue to improve on that end.

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2014, 10:30:45 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I stopped reading when this man's name appeared...

A pretty cheap heisman...But a pretty good acting job as well.