Author Topic: 7 foot 8th Grader Thon Maker (looks like a young KG)  (Read 8925 times)

7 foot 8th Grader Thon Maker (looks like a young KG)
« on: August 03, 2013, 09:13:11 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
This kid is insanely tall/long yet amazingly co-ordinated.

His physique is what KG looked like at this age. Just amazing someone so tall and long can bring it together at such an age. He's still growing too lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrEYBhNPeUY
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 05:15:44 PM by chambers »
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

Re: 7 foot 8th Grader Thon Maker (looks like a young KG)
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2013, 09:32:00 AM »

Offline rondoallaturca

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 350
  • DKC Memphis Grizzlies
What are children eating these days?!

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2013, 09:46:11 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
Lets grab him with the Nets 2018 pick.  ;D

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2013, 10:18:46 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
This was taken when he was 15 last year. He's 16 now and putting on a bit of muscle.
He's actually Australian, originally from Sudan.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2013, 10:33:33 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
That's freaky. That kid is worth a high second rounder right now. He doesn't look like he's lying about his age by more than a year. They should take some various tests for the illegal stuff, but he seems legit.  Unreal.

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2013, 11:45:54 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
That's freaky. That kid is worth a high second rounder right now. He doesn't look like he's lying about his age by more than a year. They should take some various tests for the illegal stuff, but he seems legit.  Unreal.

He's close to legit if he isn't 100% that age. He looks like a baby in the face. They did DNA testing to certify his age too and they said he's 16 in 2013.
If you think he's talented, check this guy out. Dominican- American kid who is 7'1" and plays point forward in 12th grade. Going to Kentucky. Almost like a mix between Durant and Nowitzki. Karl Towns Absolutely...Amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJ5LtaMIttE

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2013, 11:53:24 AM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251

He's close to legit if he isn't 100% that age. He looks like a baby in the face. They did DNA testing to certify his age too and they said he's 16 in 2013.
If you think he's talented, check this guy out. Dominican- American kid who is 7'1" and plays point forward in 12th grade. Going to Kentucky. Almost like a mix between Durant and Nowitzki. Karl Towns Absolutely...Amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJ5LtaMIttE

Wow

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2013, 01:23:19 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
His name is Thon Maker? That's unfortunate.

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2013, 01:26:34 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
It's not unfortunate in the least. I think it's a great name.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2013, 01:37:17 PM »

Offline Yogi

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 255

Meet your Maker, ankle-breaker.

Dunk-a-Thon.

Thon Maker Rim shaker.

Thon-der struck.

Thon "Poster" Maker
CelticsBlog DKC Pelicans
J. Lin/I. Canaan/N. Wolters
E. Gordon/A. Shved
N. Batum/A. Roberson
A. Davis/K. Olynyk/M. Scott
D. Cousins/A. Baynes/V. Faverani
Rights: A. Abrines, R. Neto, L. Jean-Charles  Coach: M. Williams

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2013, 02:05:52 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!

I keep saying it and reading it and all I can hear is Thong Maker. It may make some kid's parents very confused some day lol

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2013, 02:56:37 PM »

Offline OsirusCeltics

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 198

I keep saying it and reading it and all I can hear is Thong Maker. It may make some kid's parents very confused some day lol

It might be a cultural name, so I'll just refrain from saying all the funny jokes I'm thinking of lol

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2013, 04:12:23 PM »

Offline aporel#18

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 170
This makes me want to trade with OKC to get the 2014 Dallas first rounder which will be top 20 protected until 2018 when it becomes unprotected. By 2018 the Mavs could be in the lottery and we could be able to grab the Thon Maker kid.

And Karl Towns Jr. was great with Wiggins in this year's Nike Hoops Summit. We tend to focus too much on the 2014 Draft, but 2015 will be great with kids like him, Exum, Okafor and others.

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2013, 04:20:23 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
uh... he looks less talented than I was in 4th grade... except he's 7 feet tall.   

Why is this a thing?  Maybe I'm not getting this video.  I guess he could turn into a player someday.  But not all 7 footers can cut it when they aren't playing against guys who are 2 feet shorter than them.

« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2013, 08:35:34 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
uh... he looks less talented than I was in 4th grade... except he's 7 feet tall.   

Why is this a thing?  Maybe I'm not getting this video.  I guess he could turn into a player someday.  But not all 7 footers can cut it when they aren't playing against guys who are 2 feet shorter than them.

Because he's 14 years old and is already amazingly coordinated. This is huge because he can develop guard skills from here on in. Most big men arrive at that height at 16-17 years old and are still getting used to their bodies. The reason KG was so gifted is because he was 6 foot 10 in 9th grade and was playing point forward in 8th grade. Complete inside/outside game develops much quicker.

How many 8th graders or 14 year old have you seen like Thon Maker? Think of how rare Dirk Nowitzki's height/skill set are.
Jesus how many high school seniors or 16 year olds have you seen like Karl Towns Jr?

They grew up watching Lebron, Dirk and Durant and it's changing basketball. They'd usually be thrown in the paint and learn post moves and center skill sets but they realize that it's fine to be a guard at 6 feet 9 and by the time they're 7 feet tall they could play point or shooting guard.
New era of freakishly gifted humans that have broadened their skill set. Dictionary meaning of evolution.

He's actually currently ranked 1st ESPN's 2016 class and is about to turn 16 so this vid is over a year old.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 08:45:09 PM by chambers »