Author Topic: Doc KG and PP scenairo no one has posted  (Read 971 times)

Doc KG and PP scenairo no one has posted
« on: June 14, 2013, 11:24:39 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
I have made out of the box suggestions on this blog that have not been well received to put it mildly. The first is when I suggested that a superstar like Pierce who really loves the team should approach mgt and offer himself for trades that would make the team better. The second was when I suggested that Docs behavior in the offseason was arrogant and dishonorable to his contract with the Cs.

There is a perfect scenario that could redeem Doc, and it has something to do with my first post.

What if Doc, KG, and PP are actually acting in accordance with my first post. That is they have looked hard at the future of the Celtics and they see that the quickest way y for this team that they love to bounce back is to make a move at this time that will help the Celtics shorten the rebuild. Think about it.

If they all stay we cannot win anything and KG together with PP will retire getting beat up by these young teams in another frustrating season. Then Doc will be alone with a young team and no chips to deal.

If however they are able to pull off this Clipper deal, Doc KG and PP will be in a great position to beat up on teams possibly win a championship and they would have done a big favor for the organization they all love, the  Celtics. After his run with the Clippers Doc could come back to the Cs in a front office position, this could be a redeeming explanation for what is going on right now.

Re: Doc KG and PP scenairo no one has posted
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2013, 11:30:33 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
I'd rather see KG put his foot down and say he will only play for the Celtics and only if they are serious about competing.  I'd like Garnett to vow to retire immediately if Pierce gets traded in an deal that is obviously rebuilding and not reloading.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2013, 11:38:51 AM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Hey, could someone tell me about the Clipper deal? What is it?
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2013, 12:58:11 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
I mean, I think I know what you are saying but I am not 100% sure?

Are you suggesting the three of them should ask to be traded to the Clippers?  If so, it's not their decision.  In the case of PP, he really has no out.  We can trade him if we wish.  As for KG and Doc, they'll do what is best for them (as they should).

Finally, the trading partner would involve the Clippers organization, not just us.  It is their choice whether they want to make any of these trades as much as ours.

So in the end, I am not really sure what you are saying, whether what you are saying makes sense, or that you added anything worthy of a thread topic (much less a unique idea).