Author Topic: Avery Bradley/Fab Melo for Bismack Biyombo/Brandon Haywood  (Read 2916 times)

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
Why for Charlotte: They get a defensive stud who they can either bring off the bench or start next to MKG. Would give them insurance to not overpay for Henderson and allow them to explore sign and trade opportunities. MKG and Bradley defending the perimeter would be downright terrifying.

Why for Boston: They get a center in Haywood who can bang around and save KG's body from smashing around and they also get a defensive kid (I think he's a kid, he could actually be 29 and we'd have no idea lol) in Bismack who could really learn a lot under Garnett's teaching....I think.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

Re: Avery Bradley/Fab Melo for Bismack Biyombo/Brandon Haywood
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2013, 07:13:37 PM »

Offline Yogi

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 255
I would not even entertain this trade as Boston. 
I think Fab has more potential than Biyombo, and who would trade an all NBA second team starting guard for a back up center?
CelticsBlog DKC Pelicans
J. Lin/I. Canaan/N. Wolters
E. Gordon/A. Shved
N. Batum/A. Roberson
A. Davis/K. Olynyk/M. Scott
D. Cousins/A. Baynes/V. Faverani
Rights: A. Abrines, R. Neto, L. Jean-Charles  Coach: M. Williams

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2013, 07:15:53 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
I think Fab has more potential than Biyombo, and who would trade an all NBA second team starting guard for a back up center?

This about sums it up (though I'd say Biyombo has more potential than Fab). I'm not trading Bradley for junk.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2013, 07:16:49 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704

where's the all-NBA second team starting guard? Because it sure isn't Bradley. Defensive 2nd team is not "all-NBA 2nd team". He will never make all-NBA 2nd team.

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2013, 07:26:22 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
Had a feeling Biyombo would catch some slack. Not that I'm in love with the deal but...

Biyombo is 20 years old.
Is 6'9 245lbs with a 7'7 wingspan
Is 9th in the league in blocked shots at 1.8
Averages 7.3 rebounds a game

Haywood is also not just a throw in but somebody who would absolutely carve out a role on this team.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2013, 07:29:04 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I like it for Boston.

As for Charlotte, I've got to think Biyombo is a big part of their future so they might say no to trading him.

Maybe Bradley and J Green for Ben Gordon, Tyrus Thomas and Haywood?

Just thinking at the top of my head.

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2013, 07:30:22 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson

Well, I guess am not as high on Bradley as you are. I think he was GREATLY exposed in the playoffs by Raymond Felton.

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2013, 07:31:51 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
I like it for Boston.

As for Charlotte, I've got to think Biyombo is a big part of their future so they might say no to trading him.

We have to get someone young out of it if we trade two young guys. We are not contending, we are rebuilding. Gordon, Thomas, and Haywood are all too old. The deal is decent if we get Biyombo though, he was a lottery pick with a ton of potential. A legit defensive and rebounding beast.

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2013, 07:34:35 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
I like it for Boston.

We have to get someone young out of it if we trade two young guys. We are not contending, we are rebuilding. Gordon, Thomas, and Haywood are all too old. The deal is decent if we get Biyombo though, he was a lottery pick with a ton of potential. A legit defensive and rebounding beast.

Well, it's still early to say whether we are rebuilding or competing, moving forward.  I don't think we'll know the answer to that until after July 1st.

As for the move, I like it for the Celts but I don't think the Bobcats trade Biyombo for the same exact reasons you mentioned.

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2013, 07:35:29 PM »

Online jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I like it for Boston.

Yuck, trade our two best young assets for a bunch of over the hill, undertalented, overpaid guys. Is there any way we can get Villanueva and Amar'e for Rondo, too?

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2013, 07:43:28 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
I like it for Boston.

Yuck, trade our two best young assets for a bunch of over the hill, undertalented, overpaid guys. Is there any way we can get Villanueva and Amar'e for Rondo, too?

Not saying I'd do it. I am just saying that I think Charlotte would trade their veteran players before their younger players.

Of course, I am not Michael Jordan so I don't know.

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2013, 07:55:35 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
If I were Charlotte, I wouldn't give up Biyombo for Avery Bradley.

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2013, 08:22:21 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288

Well, I guess am not as high on Bradley as you are. I think he was GREATLY exposed in the playoffs by Raymond Felton.

He had a terrible series that's for sure.

I don't think that 1 series is the defining moment in his career already tho.

I mean youncant really argue anything for the guys on Charlotte since they have been a bag of suck on terrible team and still put up crap numbers.

I'm so sick of "Pierce is done" "Averys a fraud" or whatever bs from 1 round of a playoff series.

« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2013, 08:29:12 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson

He had a terrible series that's for sure.

I don't think that 1 series is the defining moment in his career already tho.

I mean youncant really argue anything for the guys on Charlotte since they have been a bag of suck on terrible team and still put up crap numbers.

I'm so sick of "Pierce is done" "Averys a fraud" or whatever bs from 1 round of a playoff series.

Well with Bradley, I am sure alot of it had to do with the fact that he's a 2 who was playing the 1. Bradley is clearly not a point guard. That aside, I think he's good defensively but needs some improving, offensively.

As for Paul, it's hard to argue that he's cooked after seeing the way he played in the first round (lol.)

BUT...the argument to be made there is if Pierce has more "help", he doesn't look as cooked come playoff time.

« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2013, 08:34:00 PM »

Offline Yogi

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 255

where's the all-NBA second team starting guard? Because it sure isn't Bradley. Defensive 2nd team is not "all-NBA 2nd team". He will never make all-NBA 2nd team.
I forgot the word defense, but it does not change the gist of the argument. 
CelticsBlog DKC Pelicans
J. Lin/I. Canaan/N. Wolters
E. Gordon/A. Shved
N. Batum/A. Roberson
A. Davis/K. Olynyk/M. Scott
D. Cousins/A. Baynes/V. Faverani
Rights: A. Abrines, R. Neto, L. Jean-Charles  Coach: M. Williams