Author Topic: Three way between Celtics/NO/CHA  (Read 1049 times)

Three way between Celtics/NO/CHA
« on: May 27, 2013, 02:28:07 PM »

Offline Bostonboi

• Open Roster Spot
  • Tommy Points: 0
I am going to combine a few ideas here and make one really big rumor. One that I created and that has no truth to it. First, there were "rumors" that the Celtics were going to move Pierce and Bradley to New Orleans for Eric Gordon and possibly a pick. Also, rumored was a deal between Charlotte and the Celtics that involved CHA first. So, let's combine the rumors.

Celtics move: Pierce, Bradley, and Melo, Cash(to NO to buyout Pierce)
Celtics receive: Tyrus Thomas, CHA firsts in 2013 and 2014, NO first in 2013

CHA moves: Tyrus Thomas and firsts in 2013 and 2014
CHA receive: Eric Gordon and Fab Melo

NO moves: Eric Gordon and first in 2013
NO receive: Pierce and Bradley, maybe cash( to buyout Pierce)

Celtics do it to get younger and finally get the value they are looking for in a Pierce trade.

CHA does it because they are trying to rid themselves of Tyrus Thomas's contract and also pick up a talented scorer in Eric Gordon.

NO makes the trade to get the extra cap room by buying out Pierce and also pick up a very talented defensive player in Bradley.

Re: Three way between Celtics/NO/CHA
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2013, 02:32:16 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I personally don't think the Celts get much value in return.

Maybe just deal Pierce and AB to NO for Gordon and Jason Smith.

That way, at least you get two decent players in return instead of one medicore player and a couple picks.

Just cut Charlotte out of the equation.

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2013, 02:34:30 PM »

Online wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

That way, at least you get two decent players in return instead of one medicore player and a couple picks.

The other offer would be much better for the Celtics (and unrealistic)

It would give the Celtics 5 top 15 picks in the next two season. 

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2013, 02:42:29 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

The other offer would be much better for the Celtics (and unrealistic)

It would give the Celtics 5 top 15 picks in the next two season.

Yeah, I suppose. I don't really value draft picks as much as players who've been in the league for at least a couple years. But having said that, yes I could definitely see any GM in the NBA preferring draft picks when unloading veteran players.

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2013, 03:02:33 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
The value in this trade for us is poor. 

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2013, 03:43:58 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Im not sure you could get CHA 2014 pic as well, with a possible top 5 pick you could be getting a franchise player if this draft is as good as they are saying.

But if we are in rebuild mode this makes a great get young and good fast trade. Mostly likely KG retires or trade for trade chips, you could be coming into the 2014 draft with two top 10 picks, especially if you talk Rondo into sitting half the year to get healthy.  I mean if you pulled off Wiggins or Parker, next year along with who you pick at 4 and 6 this year you have a potential of trading some players for more experienced big talent.

AAAnd then the alarm goes off and I have to go to work...:P

Not bad, but this would be total rebuild, could be fun, could be painful, but the most chances you can get for a top 2 pick the better.

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2013, 03:49:39 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1772
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I think NO would be the ones to say no to this deal. If they are giving up Gordon and a lotto pick, I think they want more than Bradley. I understand they get out of Gordon's contract, but he hasn't hit 'albatross' status yet and still has some value around the league.

Charlotte gets a very good young player in Eric Gordon, but gives up two lottery picks. Fab Melo has absolutely no appeal to them.

It works out best for the Celtics. As wdleehi said, we would have four lottery picks [and the 16th] in the next two drafts - almost unheard of. We would be giving up a player that we potentially could buy out anyway and a solid, but not totally proven sg [in a pg body].

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2013, 04:33:04 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Charlotte must be ridiculously stupid to give up a first round pick, never mind two first round picks seeing as they're perennial contenders for winning the lottery. New Orleans is pretty dumb itself if it tries to trade its lottery pick. First round picks are at a premium, and the ones in 2013 are worth a ton, especially if they're in the lottery, and even moreso if you're NOLA or CHA. I don't think either team should trade any frp's.

Isn't it illegal to trade two consecutive first rounders?
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"