What Do We Expect From This Guy?

6 points to 10 points and 6 rebounds to 10 rebounds a game
5 (50%)
10 points to 15 points and 10 rebounds to 15 rebounds a game
1 (10%)
3 points to 4 points and 3 rebounds to 4 rebounds a game
4 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Author Topic: Timofey Mozgov As KG Back-Up Center  (Read 5571 times)

Timofey Mozgov As KG Back-Up Center
« on: May 08, 2013, 10:07:18 AM »

Offline krook

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 23
since we got MLE left this is the center we can only acquire for cheaper price,
what do we expect from this guy?
if denver offers more than 3 maybe exact 4million (pass?)
overpaying too much?

Re: Timofey Mozgov As KG Back-Up Center
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2013, 10:10:28 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
overpaying too much?
Since you have started three other threads of this in the past that didn't exactly stick, maybe you should get a hint and give it a rest?
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2013, 10:12:09 AM »

Offline krook

• Jayson Tatum
overpaying too much?
Since you have started three other threads of this in the past that didn't exactly stick, maybe you should get a hint and give it a rest?

feel free to comment ^_^

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2013, 10:31:30 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I would expect Mozgov to be a backup center here behind Garnett.

I think there are two different roles he could have within that backup center designation. A medium sized bench role and a miniature sized bench role.

(1) If Boston landed a starting caliber big man (Josh Smith please!) then Mozgov's minutes would be severely limited behind that new big man, Garnett and Sullinger. So Mozgov would probably only play about 5-10 minutes a game and only get 2-3pts and 2rpg.

(2) If Boston fails to get such a big man, then Sully likely starts alongside KG with Bass taking over the backup PF duties. Sully would double up and play some minutes at center alongside Bass but would still leave an increased amount of minutes for Mozgov. Probably 12-15mpg when roster is fully healthy that would go up to around 20mpg over the course of the season due to injuries. I think 4-5pts and 4-5rpg would be expected in that role.

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2013, 10:35:13 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Mozgov wouldn't be a bad addition to the Celtics. The only problem I can see is how would he develop under Doc? I guess it'll be safe to say he'll easily average 3PPG, and 2.5RPG under 5-12 minutes. Then switch him out for Shavlik, so KG only has to play 20 minutes.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2013, 10:44:41 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
Mozgov wouldn't be a bad addition to the Celtics. The only problem I can see is how would he develop under Doc?
How did he develop under everyone else who coached him (that's right, it took him about a season to find himself on the end of the bench and/or unceremoniously dumped).

The guy will be 27 in July. He is what it is. And what he is is not all that great. As a matter of fact it's quite mediocre.

Can't believe I have to discuss that yet again.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2013, 01:07:02 PM »

Offline connor

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 37
I think Mozgov makes perfect sense for the Celtics regardless of whether they blow it up or come back for another run with the whole gang.

If KG and PP are coming back he is a solid rotation big who can do a bit of everything and most importantly has size. He doesn't provide the rebounding that you might hope for, but his defense and offense are can make up for it.

If KG and PP aren't coming back Mozgov can either be our cost effective and respectable (but still well below average) starting center while we tank or he can be the back up to whomever we bring in to be our starting center.

The real question is what would we have to give up for him. The nuggets are reportedly going to extend a qualifying offer so it'd have to be a sign and trade most likely. I'd do something like Bass and our 2013 first for Mozgov and Anthony Randolph (I'm very high on Randolph).

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2013, 06:41:15 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Mozgov will be a restricted free agent.  Denver would almost certainly match an offer sheet at the MLE level.  I think they would match even if he gets $6-7m per year.  I also think that Mozgov would prefer to go to a team where he thinks he can start, even if it is a bad team.  I do not think he would want to be a Celtic if his likely role is backing up KG.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2013, 06:45:42 PM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367
overpaying too much?
NEVER!!

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2013, 07:33:13 PM »

Offline AB_Celtic

• DKC Commish
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 460
Mozgov wouldn't be a bad addition to the Celtics. The only problem I can see is how would he develop under Doc?
How did he develop under everyone else who coached him (that's right, it took him about a season to find himself on the end of the bench and/or unceremoniously dumped).

The guy will be 27 in July. He is what it is. And what he is is not all that great. As a matter of fact it's quite mediocre.

Woe is you. If you don't want to discuss it again then ignore the post.

Honestly, never seen so much negativity from a forum poster, on any forum.

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2013, 08:20:01 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett

Woe is you. If you don't want to discuss it again then ignore the post.

Honestly, never seen so much negativity from a forum poster, on any forum.
Much as I'd like to ignore it, it still keep popping up in my Latest Forum Topics.

We only get 10, you know - it's precious real estate there.

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2013, 08:54:10 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
0/0. He ain't comin' to Bost'n
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2013, 12:23:38 AM »

Offline krook

• Jayson Tatum
I think Mozgov makes perfect sense for the Celtics regardless of whether they blow it up or come back for another run with the whole gang.

If KG and PP are coming back he is a solid rotation big who can do a bit of everything and most importantly has size. He doesn't provide the rebounding that you might hope for, but his defense and offense are can make up for it.

If KG and PP aren't coming back Mozgov can either be our cost effective and respectable (but still well below average) starting center while we tank or he can be the back up to whomever we bring in to be our starting center.

The real question is what would we have to give up for him. The nuggets are reportedly going to extend a qualifying offer so it'd have to be a sign and trade most likely. I'd do something like Bass and our 2013 first for Mozgov and Anthony Randolph (I'm very high on Randolph).

randolph given those minutes gives them a descent rebounds and points, they got player that have a lot of potential and should be given minutes, like fournier randolph etc;

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2013, 02:35:32 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
I'm all for paying Mosgov the MLE.

I've seen enough in the Olympics and on some stints that he can contribute to us. He's tough and gritty. He's decent offensively with a solid jump shot from about 13-15 feet.

Make him KG's back up Center? Heck, start him WITH KG.

See him make some work in Miami.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMNF-FqCh2A
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2013, 03:23:02 AM »

Offline krook

• Jayson Tatum
I'm all for paying Mosgov the MLE.

I've seen enough in the Olympics and on some stints that he can contribute to us. He's tough and gritty. He's decent offensively with a solid jump shot from about 13-15 feet.

Make him KG's back up Center? Heck, start him WITH KG.

See him make some work in Miami.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMNF-FqCh2A

agree...since we don't have any MLE left but him and our mle match the salary, yes i want him and melo and shavlik as center, if we can add eddy curry or ben wallace or cole aldrich or someone acquirable maybe ben wallace? lets go for another run