Author Topic: Cavaliers (22-52) at Celtics (39-36) 4/5  (Read 43830 times)

Re: Cavaliers (22-52) at Celtics (39-36) 4/5
« Reply #240 on: April 05, 2013, 10:04:44 PM »

Offline dinome18

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 7
Anticipation that's what you got. Point made then

« Reply #241 on: April 05, 2013, 10:04:55 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Celtics are the team that big losing streaks end on :)
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #242 on: April 05, 2013, 10:06:28 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
refs and bunch of cold shooting guards did the C's no favors in this game.

oh well...another day another loss.

« Reply #243 on: April 05, 2013, 10:06:53 PM »

Offline The Rondo Show

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 364
  • Hook 'Em

Foul trouble killed us
DKC Suns

« Reply #244 on: April 05, 2013, 10:12:45 PM »

Offline The Rondo Show

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Hook 'Em

Idk what point you're trying to make. If you think this team would be better off with Avery on the bench, then good luck with that.
DKC Suns

« Reply #245 on: April 05, 2013, 10:15:06 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green

Foul trouble killed us

Have the refs ever been kind to the Celtics? (and even moreso, the Celtics fans?)
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #246 on: April 05, 2013, 10:16:19 PM »

Offline dinome18

• Sam Hauser

Idk what point you're trying to make. If you think this team would be better off with Avery on the bench, then good luck with that.
My point is Bradley is not a starter in this league for a playoff team.

« Reply #247 on: April 05, 2013, 10:17:49 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green

The only teams Bradley wouldn't be a starter on, are the Thunder, the Spurs, the Heat and the Rockets! ;D
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]

« Reply #248 on: April 05, 2013, 10:19:31 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

Only by default is Bradley our starting PG.  He sucks on offense at that position.  Can't dribble, can't pass, and has no court vision.

The only reason it's worked reasonably well, is due to Pierce's ability to run the offense.  Notice how when Pierce is out we can barely score to save our lives (even worse than normal).

Bradley is a beast defensively, but he needs to either be starting at SG or coming off the bench.

This team misses Rondo far more than many here are willing to admit.

« Reply #249 on: April 05, 2013, 10:25:52 PM »

Offline The Rondo Show

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Hook 'Em

Only by default is Bradley our starting PG.  He sucks on offense at that position.  Can't dribble, can't pass, and has no court vision.

The only reason it's worked reasonably well, is due to Pierce's ability to run the offense.  Notice how when Pierce is out we can barely score to save our lives (even worse than normal).

Bradley is a beast defensively, but he needs to either be starting at SG or coming off the bench.

I'm extremely willing to admit that we miss Rondo majorly, let alone the other 3 guys out. Doesn't change my view that Bradley is too big of a defensive asset to this team to put him on the bench. With two of our stars being plugged back in during the playoffs he won't be in the position to be heavily relied on other than bringing it up the floor and making a few passes.
DKC Suns

« Reply #250 on: April 05, 2013, 10:30:06 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1538
so another loss to a garbage team 30 games under .500?

This team will be destroyed in the 1st round by the knicks or pacers.

what a complete farce.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #251 on: April 05, 2013, 10:33:52 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

I'm extremely willing to admit that we miss Rondo majorly, let alone the other 3 guys out. Doesn't change my view that Bradley is too big of an asset to this team to put him on the bench. With two of our stars being plugged back in during the playoffs he won't be in the position to be heavily relied on other than bringing it up the floor and making a few passes.

I'll agree that under normal circumstances, meaning with Pierce playing (sans Rondo), Bradley is our best option at the position.  His offensive shortcomings at PG can be mitigated, and his defensive addition to the team is greater than any contribution from any other options we might have at PG.

Honestly, when Pierce is out, whether for the entire game or just when he's resting during the game, someone else needs to be running the point.  He can't do it.  I'd rather see Terry or Crawford.

« Reply #252 on: April 05, 2013, 10:43:24 PM »

Offline dinome18

• Sam Hauser

The only teams Bradley wouldn't be a starter on, are the Thunder, the Spurs, the Heat and the Rockets! ;D
And GSW, Bucks, Lakers, Grizzlies, Raptors, Nets, ,Trailblazers, Magic, Nuggets and he would start and play 10 min a game in La Clip when Crawford came in. Those are the ones that aren't even debatable.

« Reply #253 on: April 05, 2013, 10:53:24 PM »

Offline Galeto

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 71
Opponents must get the highest percentage of offensive rebounds in the game when Bass is on the court.  It's ridiculous how bigs just abuse him.  He has all the imperfect traits of a poor rebounder: poor fundamentals in blocking out; poor hands; late reaction time; undersized; needs to load up to get any spring, which, along with his slow reaction time, has him often flexing his knees while his man is already skying for an offensive rebounds. 

He's like Mark Blount in so many ways.  No wonder Ainge signed him to a multi-year deal.  Ainge really has some weaknesses. 

« Reply #254 on: April 05, 2013, 10:54:25 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green
so another loss to a garbage team 30 games under .500?

This team will be destroyed in the 1st round by the knicks or pacers.

what a complete farce.

Agreed. Shav, Green and Bradley won't be able to manage the scoring load in the playoffs just like tonight. If only we had Paul Pierce or Kevin Garnett or a healthy Courtney Lee or something...  ???
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]