Author Topic: Rose Cleared To Play.........  (Read 1900 times)

Rose Cleared To Play.........
« on: March 08, 2013, 05:21:14 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134

Re: Rose Cleared To Play.........
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2013, 05:25:52 PM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
i still doubt we will see him.

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2013, 05:29:30 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
If it hasn't happened already, I predict people will start comparing Derrick Rose to Jay Cutler.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2013, 05:51:16 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
If it hasn't happened already, I predict people will start comparing Derrick Rose to Jay Cutler.
I doubt it.

If they do they'll be being unfair to both of them. The situations aren't even similar. Cutler didn't try to gut it out on an torn MCL when he couldn't plant and throw. He's never been connected to a "too long" injury.

Honestly I think what happened with RG3 probably ended all Cutler grumbling. Everyone saw on national tv how a QB who can't throw downfield not only hurts his team but risks himself to further injury.

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2013, 05:59:07 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
its up to him, any thing else would de a disaster or bad luck waiting to happen.

It has to be his choice ,  so if he get hurt soon , he can't blame anybody but himself.

Let him sit out ....no sweat off the Celtics.

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2013, 05:59:32 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
I doubt it.

If they do they'll be being unfair to both of them.

Are you saying that sports fans and "journalists", especially those on the internet, are never unfair to professional athletes?
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2013, 11:36:05 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I'm convinced that D-Rose will be back for the playoffs.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2013, 11:37:38 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Let him play as a fourth or fifth seed. Beat up with Miami.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2013, 11:52:02 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
If he comes back at 80% of what he was, the Bulls are probably the biggest threat to knock off the Heat.  They were the best team in the league before his injury and the favorite to win the title, imo.

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2013, 11:56:20 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
I think he'll play, but I think he'll be having a lot of psychological issues that will prevent him from playing as he should. He's currently healthy to play, but seems to refuse solely because he can't play at the moment the way he wants to play (and in part because he doesn't trust himself with his knee just yet).

I keep thinking on when TA came back and the issues he had, and the mental problems he had to overcome trusting himself to jump for a dunk. I think Rose is going through that, but an exponential level to the point that he seems afraid to play.

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2013, 12:02:05 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
If shumpert's struggles are anything to go by, it will be a while before rose is performing at an elite level.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2013, 12:05:03 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
I think he'll play, but I think he'll be having a lot of psychological issues that will prevent him from playing as he should. He's currently healthy to play, but seems to refuse solely because he can't play at the moment the way he wants to play (and in part because he doesn't trust himself with his knee just yet).

I keep thinking on when TA came back and the issues he had, and the mental problems he had to overcome trusting himself to jump for a dunk. I think Rose is going through that, but an exponential level to the point that he seems afraid to play.

If I were playing against Rose, my goal would be test his mental reaction to hard contact when he is pivoting or jumping off his left.

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2013, 12:36:06 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 176
If shumpert's struggles are anything to go by, it will be a while before rose is performing at an elite level.

shumpert isn't rose?