Author Topic: Rondo for Vucevic and Jameer Nelson  (Read 11458 times)

Re: Rondo for Vucevic and Jameer Nelson
« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2013, 02:29:20 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Bad trade. Vucevic is good but not enough return for a star like Rondo and I can't stand Jameer Nelson. Not so much him, his game.

« Reply #46 on: March 08, 2013, 02:34:31 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Fafnir,

You are just incorrect.  In 2010/2011 he shot 44.6%FG/ 40.1% from long range, and 80.2% at the line.  In 2011/2012 he shot 42.7/37.7/ and 80.7.  In 2012/2013 he is shooting 39.3/34.3/ and 90.4.  Yes he is down this year, but he is averaging the MOST assists by FAR in his career and is shooting over 90% at the line.  Yes, 39.3% is not good, but how many open looks is he getting on this Magic team.
So you state I'm incorrect and then you quote his shooting percentages that are declining like I said over the past three years? His FT rate has also declined.

His assists are up because the team is using him as a ballhandler more without Turk/VC around, but only up slighly under 1 per 36. His AST% is at his career norm.

His defense is even more non-existant now and his offense has declined a lot. Not a player I want any part of at 8 million and change for the non-guarenteed year. He's a below average PG now.

« Reply #47 on: March 08, 2013, 02:54:14 PM »

Offline WMark

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 1
...For Vucevic, draft picks (plural) and someone else.  Flip Nelson's contract to a third team.

« Reply #48 on: March 08, 2013, 03:12:33 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
Flip Nelson's contract to a third team.
That would cost a pick or something, teams wouldn't be lining up to pay Jameer 8 million.

« Reply #49 on: March 08, 2013, 03:17:55 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
So you state I'm incorrect and then you quote his shooting percentages that are declining like I said over the past three years?

Best argument ever.  :D :D :D
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #50 on: March 08, 2013, 03:58:08 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
There will definitely be better deals to be made this summer for Rondo than this one.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #51 on: March 08, 2013, 04:04:13 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
There will definitely be better deals to be made this summer for Rondo than this one.

Agreed on multiple levels.

« Reply #52 on: March 08, 2013, 04:15:22 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
So, Fafnir, averaging 37% from three over the last three years is horrible and declining?  Shooting 90+% at the line THIS year is declining?  Averaging by far his most assists EVER is declining?

Paying a +16 PG (while on a terrible team) $8 million for ONE stinking year is NOT that bad, especially if it means we get Big V.

What exactly does everyone think we can get for Rondo coming off a partial ACL tear??????????  Please post some plausible trade ideas, because I will be surprised if RR is in green after next year's trade deadline.

Smitty

« Reply #53 on: March 08, 2013, 05:39:11 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
So, Fafnir, averaging 37% from three over the last three years is horrible and declining?  Shooting 90+% at the line THIS year is declining?  Averaging by far his most assists EVER is declining?

Paying a +16 PG (while on a terrible team) $8 million for ONE stinking year is NOT that bad, especially if it means we get Big V.

What exactly does everyone think we can get for Rondo coming off a partial ACL tear??????????  Please post some plausible trade ideas, because I will be surprised if RR is in green after next year's trade deadline.

Smitty
Yes he's declining. He's shooting worse, getting to the line less, and becoming a less effective offensive player. He's declined and the trend is downward, plus factors that his game is based on quickness and that he's relying more than ever on 3 point shots.

eFG%

TS%

ORtg

TOV

He's not horrible, but he's a well below average starting PG just offensively now. Add in defense and he's quite bad for a starter and you're paying 8 million for a year and a partial on another year? Yuck.

« Reply #54 on: March 08, 2013, 07:05:23 PM »

Offline Meadowlark_Scal

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 670
  • You say when......
Sorry, but at some point you have to believe kobe knows MORE about a quality pg than you do...!!!

« Reply #55 on: March 20, 2013, 06:16:19 AM »

Offline raynman

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 55
Rondo + filler(Melo) for Teague and Horford seems reasonable ..

« Reply #56 on: March 20, 2013, 06:19:37 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Rondo for V and J Nelson is a joke you have to be a Magic fan and magic is the only way it would happen!

« Reply #57 on: March 20, 2013, 07:21:54 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
Rondo is worth more than this .  don't want Nelson on the Celtics ever.

« Reply #58 on: March 20, 2013, 08:33:00 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1532
Everyone on here knows I am not opposed to trading Rondo and I do like Vucevic, but Vucevic alone is not enough for Rondo (I know Nelson is in the trade, but I just consider him a throw in).  If it was something like Vucevic and Afflalo, I'd think pretty hard about it (I'd still want more of course, but I'd certainly think long and hard about it).  Say it is just Vucevic and Afflalo, I think that gives Boston a better shot at winning next year and adds a potential great young center for the future (as well as a solid guard in the same general age range as Rondo)

Guards - Bradley, Afflalo, Lee, Terry
Wings - Pierce, Green
Bigs - Garnett, Vucevic, Sullinger, Bass

Pretty solid team for the next couple of years and when PP, KG, JT, and BB all come off the books, there is still a nice youngish core in Bradley, Afflalo, Lee, Green, Vucevic, and Sullinger. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #59 on: March 20, 2013, 10:14:58 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Everyone on here knows I am not opposed to trading Rondo and I do like Vucevic, but Vucevic alone is not enough for Rondo (I know Nelson is in the trade, but I just consider him a throw in).  If it was something like Vucevic and Afflalo, I'd think pretty hard about it (I'd still want more of course, but I'd certainly think long and hard about it).  Say it is just Vucevic and Afflalo, I think that gives Boston a better shot at winning next year and adds a potential great young center for the future (as well as a solid guard in the same general age range as Rondo)

Guards - Bradley, Afflalo, Lee, Terry
Wings - Pierce, Green
Bigs - Garnett, Vucevic, Sullinger, Bass

Pretty solid team for the next couple of years and when PP, KG, JT, and BB all come off the books, there is still a nice youngish core in Bradley, Afflalo, Lee, Green, Vucevic, and Sullinger.
not a fan of Vucevic and Afflalo for Rondo.   not enough for Rondo.

Maybe, Vucevic, Harkless and Nicholson in the offseason IF we're reloading.  salaries don't match but I want some talent coming back for Rondo that we can build with.  Orlando would not give up enough of their promising young talent to make this worth it