Author Topic: Rondo for Vucevic and Jameer Nelson  (Read 11449 times)

Re: Rondo for Vucevic and Jameer Nelson
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2013, 09:12:52 PM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
We should keep Rondo and I want no parts of Jameer Nelson

Exactly! I don't want Nelson on the Celtics.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2013, 09:16:02 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2013, 09:16:46 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Once RR proves he is healthy, would the Magic consider this trade?  They need a marquee draw in Orlando and Rajon could be that draw:-))

This works on realgm:

http://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/check_trade

Thoughts?

Smitty77

I like it but I am not sure Orlando does it as Vucevic could end up becoming a very, very good center.

A question to others - What do you realistically think other teams would be willing to deal for Rondo, especially after coming back from an ACL tear?

If you're holding out for a Kevin Durant or Lebron James, it ain't happening.

« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2013, 09:28:24 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Once RR proves he is healthy, would the Magic consider this trade?  They need a marquee draw in Orlando and Rajon could be that draw:-))

This works on realgm:

http://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/check_trade

Thoughts?

Smitty77

I like it but I am not sure Orlando does it as Vucevic could end up becoming a very, very good center.

A question to others - What do you realistically think other teams would be willing to deal for Rondo, especially after coming back from an ACL tear?

If you're holding out for a Kevin Durant or Lebron James, it ain't happening.

If we aren't getting better packages back than this, then he shouldn't be traded. 

Why would we want to sell low?
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2013, 09:47:07 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.
If we're trading with Orlando, we should try to get Andrew Nicholson.  Dude's a stud.

« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2013, 09:50:08 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
Can we also get a bag of peanuts in this trade?
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2013, 10:24:30 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Wow. Threads line this are like spitting on Rondo. A decent big man and a washed up,  aging point guard for rondo. No thanks
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2013, 10:26:47 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Can we turn it into a three-way deal so we can get Kevin Durant too?
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2013, 10:27:34 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
I like Vucevic (good young big) but he's not enough to take on Nelson. Vucevic, Affalo and a first would be better.

« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2013, 10:30:05 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950

One interesting hypothetical to me is, if the 76ers didn't have PG locked down by Jrue Holiday (or if you could work out a three-way with a team that needs a PG), who would be willing to deal Rondo in a sign-and-trade for Andrew Bynum?  Or, if you have an negative emotional reaction to Bynum, what about the hypothetical of Rondo for a big with All-Star potential if healthy but with health that is as questionable as someone like Bynum or maybe Andrew Bogut?
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2013, 10:31:10 PM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343
eerie- I was offered this exact trade in the Pick 2 game.

« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2013, 10:34:11 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404

One interesting hypothetical to me is, if the 76ers didn't have PG locked down by Jrue Holiday (or if you could work out a three-way with a team that needs a PG), who would be willing to deal Rondo in a sign-and-trade for Andrew Bynum?  Or, if you have an negative emotional reaction to Bynum, what about the hypothetical of Rondo for a big with All-Star potential if healthy but with health that is as questionable as someone like Bynum or maybe Andrew Bogut?

If I was to trade rondo, I'd want some players back that can actually make it onto the court to play.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2013, 10:49:13 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

If I was to trade rondo, I'd want some players back that can actually make it onto the court to play.

Interesting hypothetical. Don't be surprised if this summer we hear more rumors of Rondo being dealt to the Lakers for Pau Gasol. Sounds like Kobe is high on Rondo, and LA usually trades for or signs whatever player Kobe wants.

Assumingly, Nash would move to back up at 40 years old.

If the Celts get Gasol, don't be surprised to see KG and Paul come back next year. I like a KG, Paul and Gasol trio alot more than KG, Pierce and Rondo.

« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2013, 11:16:53 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
In theory Rondo for a big, yes depending on the big.

« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2013, 11:30:16 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
As overrated as Rondo is... you really can't get any more "overrated" than Jameer Nelson.  I have him as possibly the worst all-star selection of all time.

Agreed.

I am all for moving the vastly overrated Rondo - but this deal isn't enough in return.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."