Author Topic: Tonight could possibly be Pierce/Garnett's last game as a Celtic  (Read 3522 times)

Re: Tonight could possibly be Pierce/Garnett's last game as a Celtic
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2013, 09:15:58 PM »

Offline tyrone biggums

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 91
If Pierce and KJ are still here at 3:01pm, we can forget winning anything for the next 5 to 10 years. We will be stuck as a .500 ball club. The worst position to be in the NBA.

Hey! You're still kicking around here? Not much has really changed. You pushed this agenda last year and they almost made the finals. Would you rather have a very overpaid Jordan and a max contract Josh Smith? Either way as long as the Celtics have Rondo they'll be at least an 8th seed. But if they rebuild and "blow it up" what says the Celtics don't spend the next decade rebuilding? Once again, the reason why the Celtics were not relevant for a while was due to bad drafting. Keeping the original big 3 wasn't the reason why they mostly sucked for 15 years. This argument always annoys me because it disregards this fact. The assets to get KG were also picked in the middle of the draft and further back, you do not need LeBron to win a title...and you can find all stars outside of the top 3 (Pierce was at the back end of the Lottery, I think his career panned out okay). Blowing it up assures you of younger players but not much else

« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2013, 09:17:27 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
i'm driving up to portland this weekend to see Boston's lone visit to the Northwest this year... i really hope they don't move KG and Pierce.  That would make for a depressing game.

« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2013, 09:18:38 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
i'm driving up to portland this weekend to see Boston's lone visit to the Northwest this year... i really hope they don't move KG and Pierce.  That would make for a depressing game.

Are you Oregonian? :-O I wanna be Oregonian!

But yeah, a trade involving Pierce/KG would screw up the Earth's axis, it would be terrible
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2013, 09:19:38 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
If Pierce and KJ are still here at 3:01pm, we can forget winning anything for the next 5 to 10 years. We will be stuck as a .500 ball club. The worst position to be in the NBA.

Kj?

Anyways...there's no promise we win anything even if we deal them the last I checked...I'd rather watch kg and Paul go out fighting then deal them and not win anyway

KJ was a great player, fun to watch. Really liked those old Suns teams. But I digress.

« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2013, 09:25:15 PM »

Offline JoT

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
I don't see them being traded... or I hope not.
Truthfully, I can't wait till tomorrow night for all of this talk to be over.

« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2013, 09:25:20 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804

Really?  10 years?  If that's the case, we should fire Danny now and hire a GM who can manage a franchise properly.

I fail to see what assets we're supposedly going to get that will put us in an appreciably better position to win a championship, or why failure to make a deal will set us back an entire decade.

Exactly, this is how I know fans are fooled if they think that we won't more than likely suck for 10 season or more, even after these trades... they think somehow with these trades we'll be contending again next season or be on the path quicker. Sorry but rebuilds aren't a quick road to greatness!

We're going to miss these "good ol' days"!!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2013, 10:05:02 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950

So, if you could, you would rather swap the entire roster for Charlotte's rather than see Pierce and Garnett still in green after the deadline?
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference