Author Topic: How much expiring, not playing, money is available for trade right now?  (Read 3944 times)

Re: How much expiring, not playing, money is available for trade right now?
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2013, 10:03:00 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Do the Celtics still have any rights to Nenad Krstic?

I know he signed a 2-year deal in June 2011 to play with CSKA Moscow. Could he potentially be signed to play for Boston after the Euroleague season concludes (whenever that is)?

He's committed through at least early April.  The finals of the Euroleague final four is May 12.

Still, they have his Bird rights.  A big man rotation next season of KG (with minutes reduced more to 25-28 mpg), a healthy Sullinger, Bass, Krstic, and perhaps the big man equivalent of Leandro Barbosa (as in a guy worth more than the minimum who finds himself squeezed in the market) plus Pierce/Green and Bradley/Lee/Terry joining with a Rondo who can go at full speed by the end of the season, playing the sort of defense we expect all-season long instead of taking months to figure it out, wouldn't be considered among the favorites but could have a shot at being a legitimate contender.

Krstic is not available for a few years.  He signed an extension with his Russian team this past summer through the end of next season, with an option for 2014-2015.  I suppose the C's could buy him out if he really wanted to come back, but I don't see that happening.

http://www.sportando.net/eng/europe/russia/40799/nenad-krstic-signs-a-new-contract-with-cska-moscow.html

Also, to note since this has been brought up many times, he can not be signed-and-traded.  The new CBA doesn't let you sign-and-trade players who did not finish the prior season under contract with you, even if you hold their Bird rights or Early Bird rights.  This was done to prevent players coming out of retirement to sign meaningless contracts and retire again (like Keith Van Horn several years ago.) So Krstic really doesn't work in this discussion at all.

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2013, 10:05:53 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
How about:

Boston Gets: Nenad Krstic, Alexandr Gudumak, Dionte Christmas
CSKA Moscow Gets: Chris Wilcox, Jason Collins

Could someone check if the salaries match? I think it's a win-win for both teams.
Then sign some cheap big and we can call it a year, and go as far as possible.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2013, 10:10:38 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
How about:

Could someone check if the salaries match? I think it's a win-win for both teams.

Is this serious?

NBA teams are not allowed to make trade with teams from other leagues.

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2013, 10:14:58 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
How about:

Is this serious?

NBA teams are not allowed to make trade with teams from other leagues.

It was a joke ;D But it'd be funny
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2013, 11:06:38 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031

I know he signed a 2-year deal in June 2011 to play with CSKA Moscow. Could he potentially be signed to play for Boston after the Euroleague season concludes (whenever that is)?

He's committed through at least early April.  The finals of the Euroleague final four is May 12.

Still, they have his Bird rights.  A big man rotation next season of KG (with minutes reduced more to 25-28 mpg), a healthy Sullinger, Bass, Krstic, and perhaps the big man equivalent of Leandro Barbosa (as in a guy worth more than the minimum who finds himself squeezed in the market) plus Pierce/Green and Bradley/Lee/Terry joining with a Rondo who can go at full speed by the end of the season, playing the sort of defense we expect all-season long instead of taking months to figure it out, wouldn't be considered among the favorites but could have a shot at being a legitimate contender.

No such thing.

If you are over 6'9", you getting overpaid by someone (35+ year-old's who are more than likely to miss 1/2 the season notwithstanding).
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2013, 11:12:37 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

No such thing.

If you are over 6'9", you getting overpaid by someone (35+ year-old's who are more than likely to miss 1/2 the season notwithstanding).

Truer than true.  Greg Oden hasn't played in three years, and is discussing multi-year deals with teams.  And if I ran a team, I'd do the same.