Author Topic: These next 10 games will determine the Celtics' playoff seeding  (Read 1122 times)

These next 10 games will determine the Celtics' playoff seeding
« on: February 13, 2013, 10:51:29 PM »

Offline staticcc

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38
This next stretch of 10 games (8 on the road) is very crucial and will probably indicate if we're fighting for the 7-8 seed or a 2-4 seed by the end of the season.

@Denver
@LAL
@Phoenix
@Portland
@Utah
vs GS
@Philadelphia
@Indiana
vs Atlanta
@OKC

Some of these teams really play well at home and I'd be happy with a 6-4 record or better after this stretch. IMO, if we go less than .500, we'll be fighting for one of the two bottom playoff seeds in the last 20 games of the season. If we go at least 7-3, we'll be right there competing for home court advantage.
"The bigger the lie, the more they believe." - Bunk

Re: These next 10 games will determine the Celtics' playoff seeding
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2013, 10:55:19 PM »

Offline OsirusCeltics

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 198
This next stretch of 10 games (8 on the road) is very crucial and will probably indicate if we're fighting for the 7-8 seed or a 2-4 seed by the end of the season.

@Denver
@LAL
@Phoenix
@Portland
@Utah
vs GS
@Philadelphia
@Indiana
vs Atlanta
@OKC

Some of these teams really play well at home and I'd be happy with a 6-4 record or better after this stretch. IMO, if we go less than .500, we'll be fighting for one of the two bottom playoff seeds in the last 20 games of the season. If we go at least 7-3, we'll be right there competing for home court advantage.

All Winnable

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2013, 11:04:57 PM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
Need to fill a few holes starting tomorrow.. get some guys in here and let them see our system.. These games are winnable.

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2013, 11:06:13 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134

@Denver
@LAL
@Phoenix
@Portland
@Utah
vs GS
@Philadelphia
@Indiana
vs Atlanta
@OKC

All Winnable

Every NBA game is winnable going into it. That being said realistically speaking alot of these are on the road against good teams. Denver is great at home i think we lose that game and the okc game plus two more at least. Id be happy going 6-4.

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2013, 11:07:01 PM »

Offline The Rondo Show

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 364
  • Hook 'Em
6-4 with losses to Denver, Indiana, OKC, and an inevitable clunker against a team that we should probably beat
DKC Suns

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2013, 11:08:14 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.
Really tough stretch.

I could see them going 7-3, but I could also see them going 4-6.  I can never predict what this team's going to do.

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2013, 11:17:26 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
If we split it, it'll be considered a success but I'm feeling 3-7...  Denver, Portland, Utah, Indiana, OKC all very very good at home.  Best case I see 8-2...
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2013, 11:45:29 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
judging how we struggle during all of our west coast trips during the Garnett era, I will say if we win a good 2/3 of the games, we should be all set for the playoffs and meet the Heat in the conference finals again

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2013, 11:53:39 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5349
  • Thumper of the BASS!
ez

we will win all these no doubt

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2013, 09:52:45 AM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
Philly, Toronto, Milwaukee, and Detroit are looking to make up ground on us the next three weeks. I don t think Denver is winnable up there. I would like to see Doc play KG and Pier e play light minutes here and then take the next three games. Utah seems like a loss following the Portland game which I plan to attend. We need to win the two home games but even that will be tough because the bodies will signal road games. I guess what we do @Phil and at @IND will indicate whether we can improve our seeding or not. I would like to have those games in Charlotte, Detroit, Milwaukee, Sacremento, and Cleveland back.
The beatings will continue until morale improves