Author Topic: KG and/or Pierce to be dealt???  (Read 10314 times)

KG and/or Pierce to be dealt???
« on: February 07, 2013, 10:05:30 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
"Further speculation had the Clippers beefing up their offer to the Celtics for Garnett, replacing Caron Butler with young center DeAndre Jordan to go with point guard Eric Bledsoe. But an NBA source said Wednesday the sides have not discussed any deals, much less specifics of a Garnett trade."

and

“I want an opportunity to at least try to win another championship, simple and plain. And if that’s not going to be here -- if that’s going to be somewhere else -- so be it," said Pierce."

This makes it more intriguing and if true, have to believe a deal is probably going to happen.  The questions is, which happens first Pierce or KG getting traded.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

Re: KG and/or Pierce to be dealt???
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2013, 10:07:40 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Source?

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2013, 10:10:00 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2013, 10:16:41 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25640
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
That quote from Pierce is pretty out of context.

Before we get to the part that is certain to be sliced, diced and placed under an electron microscope — comments that will invite words to be read between their lines — it is important to know this: Paul Pierce is thoroughly committed to the Celtics and what they’re presently trying to do.

Even with Rajon Rondo and Jared Sullinger down and out for the season, the captain still believes . . . even as he acknowledges the possibility that what comes next may not be conducive to his own goals and may force him to finish his career elsewhere.

But back to now. Pierce is intent on leaving an omelet on the face of all those who think the Celts are sunk.

“No doubt,” he said yesterday of his motives. “I honestly feel this team could do something special beyond what anybody could probably believe. I feel like the talent that’s in this room, based on when I look at the East — even with the circumstances with the injuries — can still win. When I see how we play against a Miami and I see how we play vs. the Clippers and just what we’ve got, I still feel like we can compete with anybody in the league.

“You know, this could be one of those special stories that come around every so many years.”

“I’m at the point in my career where I’ve got to evaluate it each and every year,” Pierce said. “It’s all based on the situation and based on what I want out of this game still. I mean, I’ve still got a lot of love for the game. I’m still very motivated. But there’s other factors.

“I mean, I really don’t want to be part of a rebuilding situation again. I just think at this point in time that’s something that would wear on me too much mentally that I don’t know what decision I may make if I have to. I may retire if I have to. You know, that’s something that’s a year-end process, especially given the situation that we have right now.”

According to Pierce, his call will be dictated by the direction the Celtics take moving forward. And while he has stated strongly that he would like to end his career with the club, he opened the door wide to the possibility he could finish elsewhere.

“It’s all on what they plan on doing,” said Pierce. “If they try to go into a rebuild mode, then, you know, I don’t know if I want to be a part of that. But that’s up to them and what they need to do. I don’t want to go out on a rebuild mode.

“I want an opportunity to at least try to win another championship, simple and plain. And if that’s not going to be here — if that’s going to be somewhere else — so be it. That’s what it has to be. I mean, even the greatest players played for other franchises.

“And sometimes it’s not about the player; it’s about the franchise moving forward and doing what they feel is best for them. And players have their agendas, too, as far as older players as they wind down their career wanting to finish on successful teams.”

Pierce still believes he could accomplish that with the Celtics, but it’s fair to say, too, he knows where his suitcase is should management decide to take the club in a reconstructive direction.

http://bostonherald.com/sports/celtics_nba/boston_celtics/2013/02/pierce_i_dont_want_be_part_rebuilding_situation

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2013, 10:16:48 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Source?
It's in today's Herald.

It's actually in the Globe.

http://bostonglobe.com/sports/2013/02/07/raptors-mickael-pietrus-laments-not-returning-celtics/hyGbBHVdIjFS7xvwFuDSBP/story.html
TORONTO — Mickael Pietrus wanted to return to the Celtics, hoping that offseason right knee surgery that improved his flexibility and athleticism would convince the club to bring him back. It didn’t.

Pietrus, who was a key player off the bench in the Celtics’ run to Game 7 of the Eastern Conference finals, signed with the Raptors in late November and was a steady contributor until being replaced in the rotation by rookie Terrence Ross. Entering Wednesday night’s game against Boston, Pietrus hasn’t played since Jan. 9 because of left knee soreness and the decisions of coach Dwane Casey.

Pietrus lobbied last season for the Celtics to re-sign him but his ailing knee and shooting troubles prompted the club to pursue Courtney Lee.

“I was happy to see my old friends and obviously you can’t forget what we went through last summer with this team,” Pietrus said before the Celtics’ 99-95 win over the Raptors. “It was great to share in that moment with them and to see their faces made me feel good. I wanted to be part of the Boston Celtics family but I am not mad at management or anything. I still love those guys. We had a great run and I appreciate everything they’ve done for me. They got my knee right and today I’m happy.”

The swingman said he played most of last season at far less than 100 percent.

“I knew it was something that was going to cost me three or four months to really be ready to play and I thought I was going to be ready for training camp for Boston and I was but the management have to do what they do,” he said.

“Just being part of the history, I loved it. I thought I was going back. Not only me but the whole building thought I was coming back. I did not, so we’ll see.”

Imperfect 10

Since the injuries to Rajon Rondo and Jared Sullinger, coach Doc Rivers has gone with a 10-deep lineup, something he said in previous years he didn’t prefer. But with no primary scoring guard and an inconsistent bench this season, he said he will go with various rotations, meaning that every current active player besides Fab Melo should get minutes.

And that was the case Wednesday, when 10 players logged minutes for the Celtics, including the trio of Jason Terry (26), Jeff Green (27), and Leandro Barbosa (27).

“I think it’s who we have to be,” Rivers said. “It almost works for us in a lot of ways. You feel like a basketball manager with relief pitchers. When your two guards who start are tired or struggling, you signal in your other two guards and they come in with a completely different pace and the way they play with Jet [Terry] and LB [Barbosa], and Jeff almost has to be with that group to give them a ballhandler.

“There’s times where we’ll go nine and play only one extra big. But with Kevin [Garnett’s] minute restriction you’re almost forced to play 10.”

More speculation

Further speculation had the Clippers beefing up their offer to the Celtics for Garnett, replacing Caron Butler with young center DeAndre Jordan to go with point guard Eric Bledsoe. But an NBA source said Wednesday the sides have not discussed any deals, much less specifics of a Garnett trade.

400 for Rivers

Wednesday was the 400th win for Rivers as Celtics coach, and he trails only Tom Heinsohn (427 from 1969 to 1978) and the legendary Red Auerbach (795 from 1950 to 1966). Rivers said he was unaware of the milestone but was grateful.

“That’s cool,” he said. “I thought it was the 400th of my career, I didn’t know it was with the Celtics, so that’s cool and to be behind those two guys is pretty special for me.”

Rivers has 571 career wins, 171 with the Magic.

Bargnani back

The Raptors welcomed back former No. 1 overall pick Andrea Bargnani after he missed nearly two months with a torn ligament in his left elbow. He was effective in his 24 minutes Wednesday, scoring 13 points on 5-for-10 shooting with 3 rebounds and 2 steals . . . Forward Landry Fields (acute back spasms) and swingman Linas Kleiza (sore right knee) were out for Toronto . . . Rivers received his third technical foul of the season for arguing calls with official Brent Barnaky with 3:59 left in the first half. Rivers kept jawing to Barnaky until guard Avery Bradley came over and told Rivers to calm down . . . Wednesday was the third time Paul Pierce has led the Celtics in both rebounds and assists this season and he has double-digit rebounds in four of the past five games.

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2013, 10:17:15 AM »

Offline vgulab

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 54

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2013, 10:18:48 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
http://sphotos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/536063_525224064183816_124548509_n.jpg

could this mean anything, i hope it's not KG :(

That he's going to return from his knee injury.

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2013, 10:19:17 AM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210
He finally got his period?  That is my guess.  I'm assuming it is that he is cleared to play.

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2013, 10:21:21 AM »

Offline vgulab

• Al Horford
http://sphotos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/536063_525224064183816_124548509_n.jpg

probably you are right, no need to worry

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2013, 10:25:10 AM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
We are not rebuilding, sillies.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2013, 10:27:50 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

Can't see this on Paul's twitter feed.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2013, 10:29:52 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
Source?

I grabbed it from ESPN Rumors section, but it quoted the Globe on KG and the Herald on PP.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2013, 10:30:29 AM »

Offline vgulab

• Al Horford

Can't see this on Paul's twitter feed.

i don't have twitter, i saw it on facebook

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2013, 10:34:55 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
That quote from Pierce is pretty out of context.

Before we get to the part that is certain to be sliced, diced and placed under an electron microscope — comments that will invite words to be read between their lines — it is important to know this: Paul Pierce is thoroughly committed to the Celtics and what they’re presently trying to do.

Even with Rajon Rondo and Jared Sullinger down and out for the season, the captain still believes . . . even as he acknowledges the possibility that what comes next may not be conducive to his own goals and may force him to finish his career elsewhere.

But back to now. Pierce is intent on leaving an omelet on the face of all those who think the Celts are sunk.

“No doubt,” he said yesterday of his motives. “I honestly feel this team could do something special beyond what anybody could probably believe. I feel like the talent that’s in this room, based on when I look at the East — even with the circumstances with the injuries — can still win. When I see how we play against a Miami and I see how we play vs. the Clippers and just what we’ve got, I still feel like we can compete with anybody in the league.

“You know, this could be one of those special stories that come around every so many years.”

“I’m at the point in my career where I’ve got to evaluate it each and every year,” Pierce said. “It’s all based on the situation and based on what I want out of this game still. I mean, I’ve still got a lot of love for the game. I’m still very motivated. But there’s other factors.

“I mean, I really don’t want to be part of a rebuilding situation again. I just think at this point in time that’s something that would wear on me too much mentally that I don’t know what decision I may make if I have to. I may retire if I have to. You know, that’s something that’s a year-end process, especially given the situation that we have right now.”

According to Pierce, his call will be dictated by the direction the Celtics take moving forward. And while he has stated strongly that he would like to end his career with the club, he opened the door wide to the possibility he could finish elsewhere.

“It’s all on what they plan on doing,” said Pierce. “If they try to go into a rebuild mode, then, you know, I don’t know if I want to be a part of that. But that’s up to them and what they need to do. I don’t want to go out on a rebuild mode.

“I want an opportunity to at least try to win another championship, simple and plain. And if that’s not going to be here — if that’s going to be somewhere else — so be it. That’s what it has to be. I mean, even the greatest players played for other franchises.

“And sometimes it’s not about the player; it’s about the franchise moving forward and doing what they feel is best for them. And players have their agendas, too, as far as older players as they wind down their career wanting to finish on successful teams.”

Pierce still believes he could accomplish that with the Celtics, but it’s fair to say, too, he knows where his suitcase is should management decide to take the club in a reconstructive direction.

http://bostonherald.com/sports/celtics_nba/boston_celtics/2013/02/pierce_i_dont_want_be_part_rebuilding_situation

Thanks for the clarification. It certainly seemed that the quote in the original thread was misleading.

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2013, 10:36:50 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2697
If it's Bledsoe and Jordan, you have to pull the trigger on that! KG goes to LA and competes for a ring, and it's not for the lakers. It's a win-win