Author Topic: Ric Bucher: No chance KG plays the remaining two years of his contract  (Read 7836 times)

Re: Ric Bucher: No chance KG plays the remaining two years of his contract
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2013, 03:16:54 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
How about trading Rondo for Westbrook or Irving.

Why would OKC or Cleveland do that trade?

They're totally bummed for us

« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2013, 03:36:33 PM »

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
Ric Bucher is a Kobe Bryant sycophant. That's all I know about him and I don't want to know more.

"No chance" is just a ridiculous thing to say. ****' Sheed is playing right now. KG is better and has WAY more love for the game. 

Anyways, what I mean to state is that I believe Bucher is a tool bag.

KG is a horse and Bucher can keep KG's name "out his mouth".

« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2013, 04:26:22 PM »

Offline ejk3489

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 215
And we almost traded Rondo for Gasol.

More he said she said I think, IMO stuff.

Is it possible he retires? Sure. Is it possible he doesnt? Sure. He looks much older this year. But Kevin Willis played til he was 42. Kurt Thomas is still starting for the Knicks on occassion. If KG wants to plat he will have a limited role somewhere.

But if you compare KG's minutes to Kurt Thomas, he's played almost double the amount. Among active players, only Kidd has more minutes and games played. Should we make it to the 2nd round of the playoffs, he'll be 37. That's a lot of mileage for a guy like Garnett, who has made a living out of giving every ounce of energy he has onto the floor.

I have no idea whether he'll retire or not, but I know KG has said that when he can't produce anymore or when being around teammates is no longer enjoyable and feels like "work", he'll move onto something else.

« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2013, 05:06:52 PM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343
I think the only way KG retires before age 38-40 is injuries. You can't rule that out, though. Most 7-footers in their 30s go down at some point and can't get back up.

« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2013, 05:17:59 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Ric Bucher is not a credible reporter.

And that is all.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2013, 05:21:12 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Until I hear it from KG, this report is a bit.....sketchy.

I haven't seen much good spoken of with Bucher's stuff here on the blog over the years, so I'm believing that this is again the case.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 05:32:26 PM by GreenFaith1819 »

« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2013, 05:37:55 PM »

Offline jyyzzoel

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 47
ric bucher is NOT a credible reporter. i remember watching him on espn when lebron, wade, and bosh were all free agents and someone asked him if it was possible they could all join up in miami.  he said it wasn't because miami wouldnt be able to afford three max contracts... and i thought, "well, what if they all take less than a max deal?" - bucher is just a guy with a mike who talks about the nba like he's an insider, but really is just a pretender.

« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2013, 05:38:17 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
If the celtics aren't in a position where they are seriously contending next year then i could definitely see KG hanging it up.

« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2013, 05:55:43 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
How about trading Rondo for Westbrook or Irving.

Why would OKC or Cleveland do that trade?

They wouldn't before the ACL injury. Now. There is no way at all.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2013, 06:11:11 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I think way to many people are confusing "love for the game" with "desire to stay in the game". KG may have endless love for the game but he doesn't need the game or fame in his life(as evidenced by his complete disappearance every year after the season ends) and he doesn't desire to be playing on losing teams(as evidenced by his wanting out of Minny when he did).

If he feels the C's can't stay competitive for a title and doesn't want to be around for a rebuild, I think he retires. Whether that is after this season or next or the year after is still to be seen, but I think its a better bet to think it will be after this season than after his contract ends.

« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2013, 06:35:02 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
If he feels the C's can't stay competitive for a title and doesn't want to be around for a rebuild, I think he retires. Whether that is after this season or next or the year after is still to be seen, but I think its a better bet to think it will be after this season than after his contract ends.

Do people here think that KG believes in Doc, Rondo, and Pierce so that he will be more optimistic than more fans here about the team's ability to contend next season?

I actually think that KG is most likely to retire in 2014 with one year left on his contract.  The partially guaranteed final year might be used, with KG's approval, in a deal with a team looking to shed salary.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2013, 06:37:47 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Do people here think that KG believes in Doc, Rondo, and Pierce so that he will be more optimistic than more fans here about the team's ability to contend next season?

I actually think that KG is most likely to retire in 2014 with one year left on his contract.  The partially guaranteed final year might be used, with KG's approval, in a deal with a team looking to shed salary.
I think the same thing. He retires after next season. But, I am not completely ruling out retiring after this one just yet. Gotta see how the rest of the season goes and who stays and who goes before the trade deadline.

« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2013, 06:59:24 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!

I think the same thing. He retires after next season. But, I am not completely ruling out retiring after this one just yet. Gotta see how the rest of the season goes and who stays and who goes before the trade deadline.

This is my sentiment too.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2013, 07:57:20 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 323
http://sulia.com/channel/basketball/f/71b89385-dd45-485d-9b1f-6d829255216c/?source=twitter

He also hints that this year might be it for KG. What's everyone else think? With Rondo gone for the year and maybe part of next and an almost impossible road to the ECFs in front of them, does KG hang them up after this year?

Depends in great part, I think, on how the Cs fare the rest of this season. If they improve from here on out and finish strong (whether that's in the Finals might not matter), then I can see him coming back, especially if Danny has some grand offseason plans to bring in more help and KG knows about them.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis