Author Topic: Ray Allen's return to TD Garden on Sunday afternoon  (Read 5815 times)

Re: Ray Allen's return to TD Garden on Sunday afternoon
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2013, 11:11:19 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Have always been a bit confused about the venom shown towards Ray. He took less money to play for a team that has a better chance of a championship....aren't we supposed to laud players like that?
he went to enemy #1

I don't think you laud that.  Did you expect the Magic to cheer Shaq when he took less to go to the Lakers?

Ray was within every right to backstab Boston (as was Shaq), but that's what he did.  He took less money to play for the team that was the biggest barrier to the C's reaching the finals.

That said, I wouldn't boo him.  I'd applaud cordially in deference to his run here.  Then just root hard for the C's.  Beating the Heat is the only real way to make Ray feel anything negative about his move.  Unfortunately, there is little doubt right now that Ray made the right move for himself.
the magic and lakers had no rivalry history.

Both teams were legit contenders,
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2013, 11:13:09 PM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
Have always been a bit confused about the venom shown towards Ray. He took less money to play for a team that has a better chance of a championship....aren't we supposed to laud players like that?
he went to enemy #1

I don't think you laud that.  Did you expect the Magic to cheer Shaq when he took less to go to the Lakers?

Ray was within every right to backstab Boston (as was Shaq), but that's what he did.  He took less money to play for the team that was the biggest barrier to the C's reaching the finals.

That said, I wouldn't boo him.  I'd applaud cordially in deference to his run here.  Then just root hard for the C's.  Beating the Heat is the only real way to make Ray feel anything negative about his move.  Unfortunately, there is little doubt right now that Ray made the right move for himself.

Both teams were legit contenders,

« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2013, 11:25:59 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
I heard Tanguay say the other night, "Come ON! He helped us win a championship, for heaven's sake!" ... yes, he did, Gary, and then he went about showing the world, (and Celtics Nation), that he cared more about sending an immature and hateful message to Boston, than he did about money, or being loyal, or the city and fans that he still says he'll always "be a part of".

I'm honestly not as bitter about what he did as i am about the way he did it. I spent many years thinking him to be a person of much higher character and ethics, but maybe it was just a ill-advised move and a mistake, which we all make ourselves.

Doesn't appear that way, however, and I guess I wouldn't be moved to cheer or boo, myself, but take the less direct path of apathy, (which my ambivalence has now degraded into, unfortunately). I know it's not the "classy" thing to do, but it's all I'm left with after this whole thing has been beaten to death.

The sad thing is that I loved the guy, his game, his character, his demeanor, and his fairly consistent choice of taking the high road ... that's what makes this stark detour of his so perplexing, and leaves such a bitter taste in my mouth. It's all just a freaking shame, and it will be good to get beyond it ... finally.

Go Celtics!
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2013, 11:49:59 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2237
I heard Tanguay say the other night, "Come ON! He helped us win a championship, for heaven's sake!" ... yes, he did, Gary, and then he went about showing the world, (and Celtics Nation), that he cared more about sending an immature and hateful message to Boston, than he did about money, or being loyal, or the city and fans that he still says he'll always "be a part of".

I'm honestly not as bitter about what he did as i am about the way he did it. I spent many years thinking him to be a person of much higher character and ethics, but maybe it was just a ill-advised move and a mistake, which we all make ourselves.

Doesn't appear that way, however, and I guess I wouldn't be moved to cheer or boo, myself, but take the less direct path of apathy, (which my ambivalence has now degraded into, unfortunately). I know it's not the "classy" thing to do, but it's all I'm left with after this whole thing has been beaten to death.

The sad thing is that I loved the guy, his game, his character, his demeanor, and his fairly consistent choice of taking the high road ... that's what makes this stark detour of his so perplexing, and leaves such a bitter taste in my mouth. It's all just a freaking shame, and it will be good to get beyond it ... finally.

Go Celtics!

+1, Bahku.. thoughtful and well said....and I was starting to get to that apathetic and less caring state that seems to have brought you some peace and less vitriol, and then I saw the article in the Miami Sun Setinel.

In that aricle, he banged Doc and the Cs around with lies, saying something to the effect of: from the beginning they had me standing in the corner and didn't run any plays for me. He's delusional.

No problem, Judas. Whatever eases your conscience and lets you sleep at night.