Author Topic: What would it take to get Gortat?  (Read 2959 times)

What would it take to get Gortat?
« on: January 26, 2013, 12:19:54 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1408
I think Marcin Gortat would solve a lot of problems for the Celtics. Can play PF,and C. Good defender,rebounder and decent offensively. Plus, his contract is very reasonable this year and the next.

Would a package of Bass, Melo, Wilcox, and first rounder be enough? I wouldn't part with Bradley or Sullinger. What do you think the Suns would want for him?
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

Re: What would it take to get Gortat?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2013, 12:22:54 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Sully and a first. Maybe two firsts. Courtney Lee as a cap makeweight.

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2013, 12:39:25 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I don't think it's that much. Gortat is only averaging 11/8 this year. I think his value took a hit with Nash no longer on the team.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2013, 12:55:42 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403

Lee, Sully and 2 1sts for Marcin Gortat? Thankfully, Ainge would never make such a move.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2013, 01:23:34 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith

Lee, Sully and 2 1sts for Marcin Gortat? Thankfully, Ainge would never make such a move.

A possible 2nd first depends on how much they value Sully and Boston's draft pick(s). Do they think the picks will be in the mid to late teens (good value)? Or in the twenties (less value)? Or will Boston drop off and give them a late lottery pick (more value)? Is Sully a good role player or does he have star talent?

So I'd say Lee, Sully and a first ... and if they are not high on Sully and/or the first, it may require a 2nd first round pick to get it done.

If they are high on the draft picks but not Sully, the two first rounders could be enough by themselves. With Wilcox and Barbosa as addition cap filler. But I'd say that is doubtful. 

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2013, 01:24:02 PM »

Offline Pucaccia

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 65
I think Marcin Gortat would solve a lot of problems for the Celtics. Can play PF,and C. Good defender,rebounder and decent offensively. Plus, his contract is very reasonable this year and the next.

Would a package of Bass, Melo, Wilcox, and first rounder be enough? I wouldn't part with Bradley or Sullinger. What do you think the Suns would want for him?

Your idea is valid, but look at Doc's history. He is not good at acclimating players that he gets mid season.  They look good at first, but after being coached, they look lost.
Examples are: Green, Curley, Marbury, Cassells, Nate Robinson and more.  I like Doc a lot, I just wish he was better.

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2013, 02:31:56 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green

This. Those are two very solid players on our team.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2013, 02:39:30 PM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
sully alone is better than gortat.

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2013, 02:40:23 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith

This. Those are two very solid players on our team.

I don't think Lee has any real added value to Phoenix.

I imagine they like Lee and would be happy to have him but I don't believe they'd be looking for someone like him as part of a Gortat trade package.

Whereas for Boston, Lee has good value as a player and would be viewed as a considerable loss to the rotation. I think that is part of the problem there. Finding a way to match salaries. I think you have to give up one rotation piece to match salaries.

And then find at least 2 picks/prospects to go along with that cap filler who is a rotation player.

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2013, 02:41:21 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green

Not yet, especially on D.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2013, 02:44:42 PM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283

Not yet, especially on D.
according to synergy sports, sullinger is rated in the 91st percentile of all nba players in terms of defensive efficiency. For comparison, Avery bradley is 93rd percentile.

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2013, 03:16:06 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 411
every team would want Sully now
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2013, 03:33:22 PM »

Offline KG_ended_Bias

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 51
Having a little bit of a pulse to this team they'll want Avery Bradley or Courtney Lee more so than Sully, plus you will probably have to eat up Beasley's contract along with getting Gortat. They are making a Big push to play Markieff Morris a whole lot more. Maybe Lindsey Hunter gives Beasley more time to prove himself but Alvin Gentry hated Beasley on court nonchalant demeanor. And Gentry soured on Micheal big-time & you had to be courtside to truly gauge the looks of disgust Alvin would give Beasley. Beasley just that type of guy & you can never quite tell if he's playing hard because he's such a non vocal, quiet body language player which is frustrating to coaches i'm sure.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 03:42:06 PM by KG_ended_Bias »

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2013, 04:29:20 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
I wouldn't trade Sully for Gortat straight up, honestly..  I would go after Gortat but not sure what they'd accept.  IMO it would probably take something like Bradley and Melo and fillers... Not sure I would do that...